User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By krysta lynne
  • 1 Post By kashkoush

Thread: Stretch marks problem

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

Hi,
    Since my 6th months of pregnancy I've been getting stech marks like crazy.
    I've try bio oil for 2 months now and it doesn't seem to work at all (I now that on the bottle it says result apears after 3 months of use).
    Do you know a product that really work to reduce the appearance of stretch marks?
    I know that my belly won't ever look like it was before I got pregnant but at least I don't want to have dark red marks forever.
    Please share me your tips!! I really need it.
    This thread is currently associated with: Mark's
    Last edited by bibiee; Thu, May 3rd, 2012 at 03:21 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I used Vitamin E liquid capsules. Just break them and massage the oil on your stretch marks. Mine didn't go away 100%, but they're not as visible.

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    I used Vitamin E liquid capsules. Just break them and massage the oil on your stretch marks. Mine didn't go away 100%, but they're not as visible.
    How much time does it took you to make them less visible??

Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I used Vitamin E Body Butter from the Body Shop.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i used body butter and massage oil. i still got them, but i find they don't bug me as much as i thought they would. after two looong pregnancies i wear them as badges of honor. my first one wasn't too bad (though it did a number on my belly button piercing scar) but with my second... i honestly couldn't expect to carry a nearly 11lb child and not retain some stretch marks.

that being said. even with how badly my son marked me up, most of those are faded to nearly nothing after his birth two years ago. your body wont have big red or purple marks forever. they do fade naturally. the cream just help the skin stay elastic.
    bibiee likes this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I believe the only thing that really helps stretch marks is time. Your stretch marks will lighten significantly after a year or so. That being said after pregnancy I used Palmer's more so to make me feel like I was doing something productive. It goes on sale at SDM for $3.99 regularl $7.99. I recommend the tube over the pump as the cream is thick.

http://www.amazon.ca/Palmers-Cocoa-B.../dp/B000EGZ3G6
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Mine were bad. They started to fade around 6-8 months after my babies were born. They were quite welted and some where 1/2" thick. Now I just have hundreds of thin silver lines across my abdomen. Quite hard to see if you aren't looking for them.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oddduck View Post
    Mine were bad. They started to fade around 6-8 months after my babies were born. They were quite welted and some where 1/2" thick. Now I just have hundreds of thin silver lines across my abdomen. Quite hard to see if you aren't looking for them.
    it's amazing what the body can do eh?
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Speaking as an off and on fat girl, since childhood I have had stretch marks. I also had a pretty fast growth spurt, so I even have stretch marks on places strange places like the sides of my knees.

Sometimes I wish I had a natural good excuse like having been pregnant but I don't.

I have found that with time they do fade. When they are really red, I use an oil and rub that into them at least once a day. I really like the body shop miracle oil. I have found that really has worked to decrease the redness. I don't know if they will ever just go away, but they do fade. They seem to go away quicker with using an oil or body butter.

If you find some miracle cure, let me know, I have more than my share of marks that I'd like to zap away.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    Speaking as an off and on fat girl, since childhood I have had stretch marks. I also had a pretty fast growth spurt, so I even have stretch marks on places strange places like the sides of my knees.

Sometimes I wish I had a natural good excuse like having been pregnant but I don't.

I have found that with time they do fade. When they are really red, I use an oil and rub that into them at least once a day. I really like the body shop miracle oil. I have found that really has worked to decrease the redness. I don't know if they will ever just go away, but they do fade. They seem to go away quicker with using an oil or body butter.

If you find some miracle cure, let me know, I have more than my share of marks that I'd like to zap away.
    I was the same way- I was just skinny but apparently grew too fast as a kid..stretch marks on my side knees/knee cap area. Once Igot preggers I got them on my calvs and tummy ....they never go away...they just turn white/silver after a while...some take longer then others but unfortunately they stay forever.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I had more of them as a young teenager. During my first pregnancy, I only really had a few of them on my hips. They faded to whitish and silvery after several months. No stretch marks at all with the second pregnancy. I think my bit of chubbiness in life has kept my skin kind of flexible, because I never ended up with stretch marks on my stomach area. Belly button never did pop out, either.

About a year ago, I saw a very pregnant teenage girl of about 16 at a convenience store. She was with her boyfriend. She was really pretty. She was wearing a flowing white blouse and shorts, her hair was all curled and done, and she had a white flower tucked behind her ear. When she turned around, I thought she had flames tattooed on her calves. They were absolutely covered in stretch marks. Must have been upsetting for her... stretch marks on the hips and tummy you can easily cover, but shorts and short skirts don't cover the calves.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

the skin flab bothers me more than the stretch marks, i don't know how some women manage to have tight and flat tummies after having kids, i mean i tried bio oil and exercise and the damn thing is still hanging there lol
    danielzmom likes this.

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

my sister lost % 60 of her stretch marks by using ONE bottle of bio oil. I used three bottles and gained more stretch marks. haha
    however it is known that if your mom got stretch marks you'll get some,it is in the genes!

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kashkoush View Post
    the skin flab bothers me more than the stretch marks, i don't know how some women manage to have tight and flat tummies after having kids, i mean i tried bio oil and exercise and the damn thing is still hanging there lol
    i got a small flab too. i heard that you get the flab when you gain so much weight in your pregnancy (i gained 45 pounds)..everyone says you can lose it by diet and exercise!! blah!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Cocoa butter works well!

Thread Information