User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Is It True or Isn't It ????? with PIC

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Ok so after doing a lot of reading the last few days in the coupon thread, I have decided I don't have a clue what I'm doing anymore yep thats right, I ADMIT it, I totally dumfounded So I figured today I better get out there in search of the truth. Today was absolutely beautiful and the sun was shining, so I grabbed my coupon binder, my shades and my purse and out the door I went. First stop SW. II head straight for the customer service desk and ask for the store manager. I explain to him what I want to do with my coupons and the BOGO sale they are having. He looks odd at me....just like I had 3 heads or something Then he says "oh, sure you can do that, just keep in mind that we have a limit on the numbwer of free products you can get during a bogo" what.... ok, so I grab a cart and off I go....

6 Windex cleaner BOGO - 3 B1G1 Free coupons = FREE
    8 Pantene shampoo/conditioner BOGO - 4 B1G1 coupons = FREE
    2 Clorox toilet bowl cleaner BOGO - 2 X $1 coupons = .57 each
    2 Crest 3D White toothpaste BOGO - 2 X $1 coupons = .18 each

TOTAL OPP including taxes $3.49
    Total Savings $78.48 or 98%

I left the store, not sure if I just robbed them or if I should be doing a little dance

Ok, so back in the car and across the road I go, into LD. I needed to pick up some ensure as I was out. While there, I picked up a few other things as well.....

2 Iso Action Sensodyne toothpaste $6.99 ea - 2 X $3.50 WUS $10 plus 4 $1 = $1.50 each
    1 Shick razor and shave gel pkg. $6.99 - 1 X $3 and 1 X $2 = $1.99
    1 Finish Quantum $4.99 - $3 = $1.99
    8 Vileda scrunge $1.99 ea - 4 X $3 WUB2 and 4 X $1 = FREE
    6 Ensure 6 pk $8.00 ea - $34.00 ensure cheques $13.00 coupons = FREE but have to pay bottle deposit

TOTAL OPP including tax and bottle deposit $12.74
    Coupon Savings $97.91 or about 90%

Left the store feeling very smug with myself as I had only one last stop and feeling confident (and very tired). Hoped in the car and drove down the road a few blocks and into RCSS. First stop, the customer service desk where I requested to speak to the store manager. This very nice lady came and introduced herself. I told her of my confusion and how I feel that after all these years of couponing, I know absolutely nothing. She laughed and I explained my concerns to her. She told me that since Loblaws currently has no official coupon policy, they are leaving it up to the individual store. Soooooo........can I use a CZ and a manufacturers coupon together at your store I ask??? She says you may, BUT....you must follow the back of the CZ, which means you may ONLY use ONE of each coupon per visit per family. I'm good with that. I grab a cart and off I go again. It's been forever since I've been in this store, I forgot how big it was I'm tired and hurting and I want to go home, but I plow on....

I am tired and can't quite understand the bill the way she put my coupon is, but here is the short version....

1 Bicks relish - CZ .50 - .50
    1 Pedigree dog food (for dd) - CZ $3 - $3
    1 Dove visably??? CZ $2 - $2 = FREE
    1 Always panty liner CZ $2 - $1 = FREE
    1 Sensodyne toothpaste CZ $2 - $1
    3 Mini Wheats - 3 X $1.50 (all have breakfast coupon)
    1 King Crab Legs .....dinner tonight
    1 Siracha sauce
    1 McCains hashbrowns - $1
    1 SS Cleaner
    1 Johnsonville brats - $l
    1 clorox FPC value up to $5.00
    and a few other things, milk, red bull and so on....

TOTAL OPP $36.76
    Coupon Savings $25.00

Yep, thats right.....it's official I'M TOTALLY CONFUSED AND I THINK I LIKE IT

A conditioner is missing from the pic, it is rolling around in my car somewhere.

This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, London Drugs, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Wed, May 9th, 2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: spelling
    Kitty77, aussie, mydusty and 15 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nothing like a bit of retail therapy to clear ones head! Nice work!
    carlyincanada likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

awesome job

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

If that is what confused can do, then I wanna be too. awesome job. It is a kinda nice tired though when you know it is a job well done. WTG.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

You rock! Stack on What kind of couponing were you doing before you got confused and saw the light?
    Last edited by JadeDragon; Tue, May 8th, 2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

You take my breath away! Great work!
    Jezebel and carlyincanada like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

lmao I am always confussed good for you for doing it!!!!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDragon View Post
    You rock! Stack on What kind of couponing were you doing before you got confused and saw the light?
    Oh I was stacking, for years and years, I used to use the 2 coupons together at rcss, but then everything changed, coupon policies, coupon wording, the whole lot. I asked, the store said no, I emailed, the head office said no, I waited and asked again, still no.......and so on for the past 6 months or so. In my well over 20 years of couponing, I have never been so confused as I have been the past 6 months, lol. Now, at least until it all changes again, I might just have it

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

WTG Holly every one of your brags my chin hits the floor, you always get some great deals
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Hi holly, great snag!

I don't understand how you could use a 'b1g1" coupon to get all of them for free? Don't you have to actually purchase something to get one free? I would think using the b1g1 coupon with their b1g1 sale you'd buy 1, and get 2 free so still have to pay for the first? I'd love to know what you talked about with them to figure out how to do this, please? And is SW - Safeway?
    Visit my Facebook page for updates on Swagbucks, PrizeZombie, GiftHulk and more: http://www.facebook.com/<wbr>MoneyMakersandSavers
    Join me at ClixSense and earn Paypal cash: http://www.clixsense.com/?4773591

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by floweredangel View Post
    Hi holly, great snag!

I don't understand how you could use a 'b1g1" coupon to get all of them for free? Don't you have to actually purchase something to get one free? I would think using the b1g1 coupon with their b1g1 sale you'd buy 1, and get 2 free so still have to pay for the first? I'd love to know what you talked about with them to figure out how to do this, please? And is SW - Safeway?
    At Safeway=SW Read this thread: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/292460-...5-each-canada/ Title is a little misleading - but there are some great posts in there.
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by floweredangel View Post
    Hi holly, great snag!

I was reading through the coupon thread the other night, and was somewhat confused myself, it didn't make any sense as I thought the same thing, you actually have to purchase 1 to get the bogo, but after reading and then re-reading the thread, I thought I would go into Safeway (SW) and speak to the manager of the store in my area about it. He said yes, so.....I did Here is the link to what I read

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/292460-...5-each-canada/

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Awesome job! We are still using Windex from RCSS bogo sale a year ago Feb!! lol

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow awesome that you guys can do that -wowoww

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

soiooo nice !
    Happy Shopping !!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast