User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Costco has a screaming deal on toilet paper this week!!!

  1. #1
    Savingyourhardearnedmoney
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    1,024
    Likes Received
    1348
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)



    7
    Expired on: Mon, May 14th, 2012
    Yowsers! Best deal I have ever seen on toilet paper at Costco! $19.99-$5 off coupon for 36 rolls with 480 sheets per roll. Works out to .000867/roll!!!! If you are a visual person I have pictures on my blog. Great to get a deal on something we all use and throw away! Hope you can stock up!
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco


  2. #2
    CaLoonie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    136
    Likes Received
    43
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)



    10.4 cents a roll (@140 sheets/roll), very good deal

  3. #3
    Smart Canuck Minou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    1,922
    Likes Received
    2075
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)




    Great deal! I don't see it in the weekly coupons I have bookmarked though, and I'm in Manitoba. Maybe it's just in certain provinces?

  4. #4
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Markham, ON
    Posts
    59
    Likes Received
    37
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)


    Quote Originally Posted by SavingYourHardEarnedMoney View Post
    Yowsers! Best deal I have ever seen on toilet paper at Costco! $19.99-$5 off coupon for 36 rolls with 480 sheets per roll. Works out to .000867/roll!!!! If you are a visual person I have pictures on my blog. Great to get a deal on something we all use and throw away! Hope you can stock up!
    Which brand of toilet paper is this?

  5. #5
    Savingyourhardearnedmoney
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    1,024
    Likes Received
    1348
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    Great deal! I don't see it in the weekly coupons I have bookmarked though, and I'm in Manitoba. Maybe it's just in certain provinces?
    I think they sometimes do specials according to provinces. I live in the West(BC). Not sure though...

  6. #6
    Savingyourhardearnedmoney
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    1,024
    Likes Received
    1348
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by chimichangga View Post
    Which brand of toilet paper is this?
    Soft and Pure premium is what it says on the package.

  7. #7
    CaLoonie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    167
    Likes Received
    4
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)



    Is this the Kirkland Brand? Great deal !!

  8. #8
    Just Jez
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    random
    Posts
    15,210
    Likes Received
    8322
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinwaiting View Post
    Is this the Kirkland Brand? Great deal !!
    Soft and Pure premium brand


  9. #9
    HST Victim BCSparkyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Port Coquitlam
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,408
    Likes Received
    126
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)



    Arg. That stuff is so annoying. Every roll individually wrapped. :/
    gone shopping!

  10. #10
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    3,802
    Likes Received
    3604
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)




    I agree....the environmental nightmare that accompanies that toilet paper is ridiculous! Why can't they just package it normally???
    BCSparkyGirl and hijinx25 like this.

  11. #11
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,107
    Likes Received
    788
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)



    Thanks for posting. I've never bought this TP before, but at this price, you can't go wrong on this deal. As for the individually wrapped TP, I think this is done more for the commercial purpose. Years ago, I remember TP being wrapped in paper instead of plastic at school washrooms, restaurants, etc.

  12. #12
    Senior Canuck chillys-willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    908
    Likes Received
    593
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Saving Moola View Post
    Thanks for posting. I've never bought this TP before, but at this price, you can't go wrong on this deal. As for the individually wrapped TP, I think this is done more for the commercial purpose. Years ago, I remember TP being wrapped in paper instead of plastic at school washrooms, restaurants, etc.
    True, but I work at a school and my family has a hotel. The toilet paper still comes wrapped in paper wrappers.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.



  13. #13
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    440
    Likes Received
    33
    Trading Score
    33 (97%)



    How did you figure out the cost per roll to be so low?

    my math say's 14.99 divided by 36 rolls = $ 0.416 a roll? or 41.6 cents per roll?

  14. #14
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    458
    Likes Received
    266
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Draggy View Post
    How did you figure out the cost per roll to be so low?

    my math say's 14.99 divided by 36 rolls = $ 0.416 a roll? or 41.6 cents per roll?
    the 0.000867 is actually the cost per sheet...so 36 rolls x 480 sheet/rol = 17280 sheets, then 14.99 / 17280 = 0.000867$ / sheet. If you do the sheets/dollar method it works out to 1152 sheets/dollar...and anything over 1000 is a good deal (imo).
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

  15. #15
    Savingyourhardearnedmoney
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    1,024
    Likes Received
    1348
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I agree....the environmental nightmare that accompanies that toilet paper is ridiculous! Why can't they just package it normally???
    I agree too. They could save us all money by not individual packaging!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •