User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

basically mountain dew 2L was on sale and there was a 1$ off 2 coupon tearpad on the cardboard stand. basically the tearpad was nearly all gone, about 15 coupons left. I was gonna use 4 coupons worth at the moment and was gonna take the rest for use later since i have never seen them before and they are good until october 31st. my issue came when i asked the cashier who was also the manager if the large bottles were on sale or the small bottles, and what he does is pick a fight with me for taking the few coupons that were left claiming that they were only 1 coupon for each customer to take (not one per customer to use). he makes me give them back and doesn't even allow me to use any of them to make my purchase. he then says to leave the store or he is going to call the police. so i left it, not to make it that big of a deal. i then go to my favorite SDM down the street by my school and tell this cashier i know what had just happened and she laughed! she thought the guy must have been insane and told me "coupons on the shelves are there for the customers to take. its better not to take them all, but there is no real limit to how many one person can take. they are first come first serve, now using them is another story." of course i ad lib this a bit, but this is about 95% of what she really told me. we also discussed how the coupons are next to worthless if not redeemed and the guy had been claiming that i was robbing the store. well sorry it was such a good deal, but seriously, how was i supposed to carry any more than 8 2L bottles out on my own??? there is still days left on the sale, i could have easily come back, but then the last few coupons left, that were obviously popular with the customers, would have been all gone and i'd be out of luck! i grabbed what i would have used either way within the next few months, but the guy got crazy and threatened me and forced me to leave. i just want to know if i was really in the wrong and if taking the last few coupons from a tearpad is the same as taking the whole thing. pads on average will have 50-100 coupons on them, and there will usually be at least 2 tearpads, in this case there were between 15-17 coupons left and i got into too much of a hassle and had to concede.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Rabba, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Honestly 15 -17 seems a little bit much in my opinion. But there are no rules about this kind of thing. Much of this involves each of establishing our own ethics of what is ok. For me I would take what I need +4 for the future or for trade. And if it was the end of the pad I might take even less. But I can't tell you how I arbitrarily picked the magic number of +4. I have had people scowl at me about taking more than I intend on using that day or taking coupons to trade.

Still no matter, I think that it would be absolutely humiliating and offensive to be treated like that. I sorry that you went through that experience.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wIhTlx6/]

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

yeah, i know it was a few too much, even considering i would have had about a dozen left over, and i was going to go back today and buy more, thats what i had in mind when i saw them. knowing how few were left and knowing that i wasn't going to arbitrarily buy some more in the future from somewhere else, they are on a great sale right there. i just wanted to guarantee that it wouldn't be a waste of my time to show up the next day only to find none left, and then i would have had about 8 left over that would be split between 4 for the future and 4 to trade, considering i had not seen them before.

Thread Information