User Tag List

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    This thread was first posted in "The Tea Room" forum. A moderator moved the thread to the "Discuss and Request Deals and Coupons" forum. I took the liberty of moving the thread in the "Canadian Shopping Deals and Flyers" forum. Please allow me to explain.

It does not appear to fit in the Request Deals and Coupons since I am not requesting a deal or looking for a deal. I believe I have found a deal and believe it is worth promoting. Given Canadians spend $5 billion a year on lotteries, it is worth the time and effort to find a good deal. If you currently do not buy lottery tickets, I am not asking you to start. But if you do buy tickets, even on occasion, I am sure you want a good deal.

When it comes to lottery tickets, the best deal can be had when the payout (expected value) is relatively large. On average, lottery tickets return about 50 cents on the dollar. But for games where jackpots grow when they are not won, the payouts can grow well above 50% and have know to exceed 100%. There is a caveat though. The payouts are large when the jackpots are very large. But to the average player, a very large jackpot is not much better than a normal jackpot. For most people, there is only so much you can spend.

Here is where group play comes in. One, you take advantage of the larger than average payouts. Two, the prize is worth winning since splitting a very large jackpot still results in a good win. And three, your chances of winning increase dramatically with the large number of tickets a group can buy. Effectively, your cost per ticket goes down. A great deal.

The lottery groups I organize are not-for-profit. I treat it as a hobby and cover all website costs. My motivation is to win a jackpot. I belong to all groups and pay the same amount as all members. If a group wins, I win, we all win! The groups are completely above board and have been reviewed by the Interprovincial Lottery Corporation and were started when i was an employee of Ontario Lottery and Gaming.

I hope the moderators do not mind me moving the thread. I deleted the previous thread contents. The original post follows.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

The Lotto Max jackpot is $50 million plus 10 Maxmillions for the May 11 draw.

The Lotto 649 jackpot is an estimated $21 million for the May 12 draw.

The 10 regular groups plan to buy tickets for both draws. There are shares available in all 10 groups.

The cost to join a group for just the May 11 Lotto Max draw is $5.

The cost to join a group for both the Lotto Max draw and the Lotto 649 draw is $16.

The plan is to buy around 300 Lotto Max tickets and 1,500 Lotto 649 tickets. We will spend more on Lotto 649 than Lotto Max since Lotto 649 is expected to have a much bigger payout (expected value).

Good luck.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The consensus is that sc members are not interested but thank you

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    The consensus is that sc members are not interested but thank you
    I am wondering why the thread has been marked as expired. I have received some interest from members from via private messages.

Please explain. Thanks.

Thread Information