User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Bad drivers.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My city has the worst. I was tail-gated yesterday by a huge truck spewing oily exhaust - I was going a bit over the limit, so I wasn't holding up traffic (can't stand slow drivers that hog the left/fast lane either).

People here rarely come to a complete stop at a stop sign; lots do not bother to signal turns or lane changes. If anyone from Alberta chimes in about their drivers, I contend that those drivers originally came from Saskatchewan anyway.

It's so easy for people to lapse into old habits...my oldest son is in driver ed right now, time to hone up on MY driving skills. What is your worst peeve about other people's driving?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Failing to signal!!! Drives me batty.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We had wide shoulders here, enough that one can drive on the shoulder and barely be in the lane. So drivers here, instead use that shoulder so that they can drive on the opposite side of the road to get in their driveway without having to slow to a stop. It's caused many accidents here. That horrible practice has also caused me to have more than a few scares with seeing headlights coming straight at me in my lane.

Or because it is just a two lane highway, people passing in the opposite direction, they don't seem to account for the car in the other direction. I hate having to slow down because they are in my lane, to avoid a head on collision. Bad drivers irk me so much.

I should not have to slow down or worse a couple times, head onto the shoulder to avoid a head on collision with someone in my lane because they had to pass another vehicle. It happens on a regularly, almost daily basis.

Not sure why the government can't twin the highway already.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

burnt out tail/brake lights!!! is probably my biggest..... it's not rocket science to change a dang light bulb!!!! Check your freakin' lights people! Bugs me to no end that people can't do simple maintenance to their vehicles, but if I rear-end them, it's MY fault!!

Also failure to signal, or read the posted road signs of all kinds (including NO parking, and speed limit, etc) Not checking blind spots is a big one too.... and I HATE people who slow and/or brake at a traffic light when it's green.

People also seem to have no regard for rules while driving in a parking lot......
    Darth Penguin likes this.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Sasksaver
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I drive a big truck hauling oil/water, and my biggest pet peeve with drivers around my town is the tail gating! If you can't see my mirrors, then I can't see you!! I've had a couple people almost hit me as I'm slowing down or almost get into accidents when they try to pass, because they are too close and can't see around me.
    I am governed meaning my truck will ONLY go 105 km\hr, for everyone's safety. People come racing up behind me, and give me dirty looks when they do pass! Just take your time and get to where you are going in one piece!

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sasksaver View Post
    I drive a big truck hauling oil/water, and my biggest pet peeve with drivers around my town is the tail gating! If you can't see my mirrors, then I can't see you!! I've had a couple people almost hit me as I'm slowing down or almost get into accidents when they try to pass, because they are too close and can't see around me.
    I am governed meaning my truck will ONLY go 105 km\hr, for everyone's safety. People come racing up behind me, and give me dirty looks when they do pass! Just take your time and get to where you are going in one piece!
    i think a lot of the time people forget about trucks being governed.
    sasksaver likes this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Tailgaters.....and people who pass when they shouldn't. Earlier this week I had someone pass me on a pretty tight bend....with 2 solid lines....obviously. It was ridiculous. And they passed me right in the middle of it *eyeroll*

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

My pet peeve is the non-signallers. What's the matter? Are you trying to conserve your signal bulbs for when you "really need them"?!?!?
    matrix82, ninna, lilo0003 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Mine is people that pull out right infront of me...

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I agree with all the posts.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Agreed. Non signallers make me crazy! Or--they slam on their brakes, come to a complete stop and only then do they put their signal light on. Grr. Honest to god, sometimes I just wanna punch the gas pedal and ram into them, ya know?

So instead, I will often shout "WHAM!" and imagine me hitting them with my car because it makes me feel better.

But if it's any consolation, I got to enjoy karma this morning on the way to work. Some rude son of a you-know-what decided to switch lanes and cut me off big time. Which wouldn't have been so bad if someone hadn't just done the very same thing. Anyway, there is construction ahead and I know it narrows to one lane and Mr. "jump in front of you" decides our lane isn't moving fast enough, so he shoots back into the other lane again and cuts someone else off. Well. It was HIS lane that ended.

You cannot imagine how hard I laughed when he was the one who got stranded with his signal light on trying to get back in to our lane.

hahahahahahahahahaha!

Sucker!!!
    GoJays, Speckled28 and nessa23 like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

can I add the RV-pulling-trailer which parked down the centre of the lane in a supermarket parking lot for at least 15 mins??
    sasksaver likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

The really bad thing about bad drivers that I encounter is the way I react to them. Which is to tail them untill they pull over and ask me what's wrong with me? Then I let them have it. DH told me someday I will get hurt or worse.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

when people think their invisible in their car and pick their nose at a red light LOL

also people who dont signal when changing lanes!
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

mc carther.?!!!. EWWW! lol

where do I begin.. the ones who pass you like their some big red truck heading to a fire... only to be stopped right in front of you and then turn off a street ahead of you.. really you couldn't wait...
    non signalers... ppl who follow you so close you could read their minds.. ..pull outers....honestly.. some days i wish i was an undercover cop.. man it would make my day!
    nessa23 likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information