User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: Lessons from very rich people

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nice and useful information shared by you about rich people. Every individual wants to become rich and above information is valuable and informative for every one. I am happy to find so many good points here in this post.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I remember reading in this thread when it was first started. I just finished re-reading every post in it. Some interesting information and perspectives.
    Thanks
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalia Smith View Post
    Nice and useful information shared by you about rich people. Every individual wants to become rich and above information is valuable and informative for every one. I am happy to find so many good points here in this post.
    I'm not sure if I agree that 'every individual wants to become rich'..... For those who are in the position to do so, it is much more freeing to give to others who are living in terrible poverty than hoard money for oneself. I do understand that a person has to be wise and save for retirement but that is different than hoarding selfishly. 'Live simply so others can simply live.'

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I thought I had shared the Sir Samuel Vimes, Duke of Ankh-Morpork theory on
    Boots' theory of socioeconomic unfairness

The reason that the rich were so rich, Vimes reasoned, was because they managed to spend less money.

Take boots, for example. He earned thirty-eight dollars a month plus allowances. A really good pair of leather boots cost fifty dollars. But an affordable pair of boots, which were sort of OK for a season or two and then leaked like hell when the cardboard gave out, cost about ten dollars. Those were the kind of boots Vimes always bought, and wore until the soles were so thin that he could tell where he was in Ankh-Morpork on a foggy night by the feel of the cobbles.

But the thing was that good boots lasted for years and years. A man who could afford fifty dollars had a pair of boots that'd still be keeping his feet dry in ten years' time, while the poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a hundred dollars on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet.

lucy16076 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thank you so much

mandolinatou
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

There are a lot of homeless shelter comments bothering me. I also work with the homeless. Its true that some of the homeless people get mad about what their staff have. The thing that I am always teaching people about is compacity. You can have the physical compacity to go to work but the emotional compacity. You can have the financial compacity to care for children but not the emotional compacity. So often the issue with the homeless or bad parents or drug addicts is a lack of compacity. They are literally unable to _____ (stick to a regular schedule, make appointments, refrain from drug usage, put their children first, budget etc). So its normal that a kid who has a lack of compacity would be jealous of a counselors percieved wealth or fancy vacation. Its even normal to question someone's compacity to help you if they can not relate to your struggles. I don't think we can ever judge someone else's situation. I have worked with a kid from an upper middle class family who was homeless a long time and not due to lack of resources but lack of organizational and mental compacity. A lot of counselors would call me about this quiet kid hanging out in their shelter who appeared so normal in dress/demeanor and clearly was not a lower income kid. Well he needed to be there for other reasons....and he would be jealous of other peoples access to food and shelter...despite the fact that if he was organized enough to contact his parents and manage a budget he could have had his rent and food paid. The thing was he couldn't be. He had a lack of compacity due to an invisible but serious illness. So don't judge people who appear to have given up....they might be adapting to a reality you are lucky enough to not have to understand.
    Giving-Small, emg and blueeyetea like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Very well said.......the people you help are lucky to have encountered you during their struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by mandolinatou View Post
    There are a lot of homeless shelter comments bothering me. I also work with the homeless. Its true that some of the homeless people get mad about what their staff have. The thing that I am always teaching people about is compacity. You can have the physical compacity to go to work but the emotional compacity. You can have the financial compacity to care for children but not the emotional compacity. So often the issue with the homeless or bad parents or drug addicts is a lack of compacity. They are literally unable to _____ (stick to a regular schedule, make appointments, refrain from drug usage, put their children first, budget etc). So its normal that a kid who has a lack of compacity would be jealous of a counselors percieved wealth or fancy vacation. Its even normal to question someone's compacity to help you if they can not relate to your struggles. I don't think we can ever judge someone else's situation. I have worked with a kid from an upper middle class family who was homeless a long time and not due to lack of resources but lack of organizational and mental compacity. A lot of counselors would call me about this quiet kid hanging out in their shelter who appeared so normal in dress/demeanor and clearly was not a lower income kid. Well he needed to be there for other reasons....and he would be jealous of other peoples access to food and shelter...despite the fact that if he was organized enough to contact his parents and manage a budget he could have had his rent and food paid. The thing was he couldn't be. He had a lack of compacity due to an invisible but serious illness. So don't judge people who appear to have given up....they might be adapting to a reality you are lucky enough to not have to understand.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    I'm not sure if I agree that 'every individual wants to become rich'..... For those who are in the position to do so, it is much more freeing to give to others who are living in terrible poverty than hoard money for oneself. I do understand that a person has to be wise and save for retirement but that is different than hoarding selfishly. 'Live simply so others can simply live.'
    I don't need to be rich but comfortable and not have to worry too much about bills etc. But like the character in clerks 2 that sold his website and made like 15 million. When he says its nice having that kinda free time.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune.
    Jim Rohn

I don`t know how much rich Jim Rohn is. But this aphorism is very wise.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information