User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: *Urgent* Where to park cheaply in Toronto?

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Yeah Yeah I know parking cheaply and Toronto don't really go well together...

Anyway I have to go to Toronto tomorrow and will be there all day. I am used to taking the train but since they messed with the schedules and eliminated a bunch of stops that used to go to where I live, I can't take the train anymore So I am stuck taking a car and really have no idea where I can park cheaply for the day without getting a ticket or towed away. Anyone around TO have any good places downtown they can think of? I'm leaving tomorrow morning so need to know asap. I'm on google right now trying to figure out the same thing!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Where will you be downtown?

There is a GreenP at York & Gardiner which is usually the cheapest (and a lot of private lots around that have a flat charge)

If you will be there all day, the Toronto Coach Terminal has a $12 flat rate for the day

http://www.parkingrepublic.com/ is a great site, enter your arrival and departure times and an address and it will show you the closest parking and cost for your 'stay' including an all day flatrate, early bird etc
    roseofblack25 and ssbean like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Where will you be downtown?

There is a GreenP at York & Gardiner which is usually the cheapest (and a lot of private lots around that have a flat charge)

If you will be there all day, the Toronto Coach Terminal has a $12 flat rate for the day

http://www.parkingrepublic.com/ is a great site, enter your arrival and departure times and an address and it will show you the closest parking and cost for your 'stay' including an all day flatrate, early bird etc

Thanks for the website I'm off to check it out and see what I can find! I'm trying to find something close to either the Eaton Centre or Union Station since I think the majority of the places I am going to see are along the waterfront area and the rest of the family wants to go shopping LOL

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

If you can leave early, you can park at the GO station. The best is in Whitby, since they have the multi level garage and you can park FREE all day. The go trains run from 500 AM starting in Oshawa and runs until 11 PM leaving Union Station.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I don't know where you're going but when I come in via 401 I usually park at Yorkdale and then take the subway downtown. I don't know how much the fares are now. By coincidence - WE are going to TO tomorrow to go to a Blue Jays game and we'll be meeting dh's son downtown at a hotel there. We're staying overnight and the son is paying for the room but the parking is $34 per day - GAG ME!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I don't know where you're going but when I come in via 401 I usually park at Yorkdale and then take the subway downtown. I don't know how much the fares are now. By coincidence - WE are going to TO tomorrow to go to a Blue Jays game and we'll be meeting dh's son downtown at a hotel there. We're staying overnight and the son is paying for the room but the parking is $34 per day - GAG ME!
    If it was going to be just me alone I would park at Yorkdale and take the subway because I just can't drive downtown Toronto LOL! I have the whole family going because my sister wants to go shopping downtown so we are probably parking somewhere central. Still haven't figured out where but we have a few places programed into the GPS in case some are full. Parking is ridiculous!!!!! This is why I normally take the train! I figure it's probably cheaper in the end when you factor in gas and parking. They messed with the schedules though so I cant get to there until almost noon and have to leave at 5:30pm now so its no longer possible to use the train

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Even with the outrageous parking its still cheaper if there are a few of you
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

The Novotel on the esplanade (just south of yonge and front, behind the Sony Centre) is pretty cheap, especially if you are there before nine.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cheaply in Toronto? Ha Ha Ha..
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    The Novotel on the esplanade (just south of yonge and front, behind the Sony Centre) is pretty cheap, especially if you are there before nine.
    Won't make it before 9! I live too far away LOL I have to be there for 11 though...We found one parking lot at 2 church st that is I think $12 for the day and that is the best rate I have found so far.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Even with the outrageous parking its still cheaper if there are a few of you
    Yeah that's true. But we are all technically going just for me
    If I could have taken the train it would have just been me going alone.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Queen View Post
    I know right!!! I will NEVER own a car in Toronto. If anyone has ever gone clubbing with someone that drove the rates sky rocket near the clubs because they know people pretty much have to pay it if they have a car. I can put gas in the car for a week with the price of parking in TO for a day!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I wish I'd seen your thread earlier! Let me know the next time you're heading down.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Queen View Post
    There were quite a few places to park for free when I lived there, but I think you need to be a full-time resident to actually use or know of them.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

We ended up parking near St Lawrence market. It was $9 for the day which was the cheapest we found. I did find some free areas but it was street parking and was limited to one hour only and none were close to where I needed to be.
    itsjustmebub likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information