User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Disgusting customer WANTS cashier to get in trouble!

  1. #16
    Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In the verge of indecision
    Posts
    13,896
    Likes Received
    15224
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    After 8 years of working as a cashier at Loblaws, I can believe it. Price differences between almost identical items can be annoying, but it happens, for many of the reasons greencanuck offered. I've been yelled at and berated because another store has something on clearance, they come to mine to get more and find out it isn't on clearance here (again, overstock issues). Customers can be the worst sometimes.

    I was a cashier very briefly at CT last year, someone was unhappy with the price of a product (at first I thought it was a price error), no he wanted me to just change it. I told him he could take it or leave, but I wasn't changing the price. Who do these people think they are?
    Some really believe that if they make a big enough fuss, you will back down and give in, just to get rid of them. Kinda like a temper tantrum in a child. sadly you can't put customers in timeout.

    I saw a man (late 20's, early 30's) before Christmas, start with the effing and blinding and working up to a full stage melt-down because the cashier couldn't do what he wanted and the management backed her. He ended up being escorted out by several large gentlemen. I saw him in the car park still being a jerk 10 mins later.
    torontogal12 likes this.


    Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

  2. #17
    Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mississauga
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,063
    Likes Received
    2938
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)




    you think thats bad?
    Yesterday I was at work, (retail) and im not normally a cashier, but yesterday I got to be lol
    so I go on my lunchbreak, around 5pm, come back at 530pm.
    I have a customer come in around 730 she wants to return some items but apparently she didnt get a receipt...
    so I call the other person who covered my cash and ask her if she remembers handing the receipt to the customer, she says she did. I tell the customer without a receipt she only gets store credit.

    the customer FLIPS out, saying shes LYING and that she wasnt given a receipt!
    I call the manager on duty over and the customer starts screaming and stomping her feet, waving her arms saying we're not being fair, that shes not leaving until she gets her money back, blah blah blah.

    Im just staring at her like shes an insect LOL

    my manager keeps saying im sorry its store policy etc etc, and this chick is having nothing of it, flipping and swearing and screaming and stomping, it was honestly like watching a 5 year old.
    (the customer was maybe my age or a year or two older, totally pampered all her life attitude, rich snob yuppie brat)

    finally my manager caves and tells me to give her a cash refund.
    so basically we're out over $50 cash cuz apparently she paid in cash but having no proof, we have to take the loss...


    lovely eh?


  3. #18
    Smart Canuck littlebean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    2,420
    Likes Received
    384
    Trading Score
    153 (100%)



    ^ OMG. I would have loved to see this. Wouldn't it have been funny if a couple of you guys were huddled together laughing and pointing at her and she saw so she knew how ridiculous she was acting? Even then I don't think she would have stopped stomping and screaming like a 3 yr old though.

    To the OP, I can't believe the garbage that comes out of people mouths....
    torontogal12 likes this.

  4. #19
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    425
    Likes Received
    139
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)



    Haha "special snowflake" ... i like that one
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    what a Special Snowflake, he is.....

    Sorry your mother had to deal with some-one like that.
    nightlite and Darth Penguin like this.
    RRLF: Almond breeze, gluten free products

  5. #20
    Smart Canuck Mich649's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,744
    Likes Received
    3375
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)



    I used to work in a clothing store, and often different colours of the same style clothing were reduced to clear at different prices. Some colours are "seasonal" and reduced more, while others are not ( like white).
    Most customers would realize this, and accept it, but this guy was obviously a real winner. It really is a shame that cashiers have to deal with these idiots, especially getting paid such high wages,lol!

  6. #21
    Roman Empress salady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,313
    Likes Received
    2324
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    you think thats bad?
    Yesterday I was at work, (retail) and im not normally a cashier, but yesterday I got to be lol
    so I go on my lunchbreak, around 5pm, come back at 530pm.
    I have a customer come in around 730 she wants to return some items but apparently she didnt get a receipt...
    so I call the other person who covered my cash and ask her if she remembers handing the receipt to the customer, she says she did. I tell the customer without a receipt she only gets store credit.

    the customer FLIPS out, saying shes LYING and that she wasnt given a receipt!
    I call the manager on duty over and the customer starts screaming and stomping her feet, waving her arms saying we're not being fair, that shes not leaving until she gets her money back, blah blah blah.

    Im just staring at her like shes an insect LOL

    my manager keeps saying im sorry its store policy etc etc, and this chick is having nothing of it, flipping and swearing and screaming and stomping, it was honestly like watching a 5 year old.
    (the customer was maybe my age or a year or two older, totally pampered all her life attitude, rich snob yuppie brat)

    finally my manager caves and tells me to give her a cash refund.
    so basically we're out over $50 cash cuz apparently she paid in cash but having no proof, we have to take the loss...


    lovely eh?
    I would've said "Listen...you can either take the store credit or I can have security escort you out from the store. Take your pick!" Pretty sure that would've shut her up.
    littlebean likes this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

    Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

  7. #22
    Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In the verge of indecision
    Posts
    13,896
    Likes Received
    15224
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    you think thats bad?
    Yesterday I was at work, (retail) and im not normally a cashier, but yesterday I got to be lol
    so I go on my lunchbreak, around 5pm, come back at 530pm.
    I have a customer come in around 730 she wants to return some items but apparently she didnt get a receipt...
    so I call the other person who covered my cash and ask her if she remembers handing the receipt to the customer, she says she did. I tell the customer without a receipt she only gets store credit.

    the customer FLIPS out, saying shes LYING and that she wasnt given a receipt!
    I call the manager on duty over and the customer starts screaming and stomping her feet, waving her arms saying we're not being fair, that shes not leaving until she gets her money back, blah blah blah.

    Im just staring at her like shes an insect LOL

    my manager keeps saying im sorry its store policy etc etc, and this chick is having nothing of it, flipping and swearing and screaming and stomping, it was honestly like watching a 5 year old.
    (the customer was maybe my age or a year or two older, totally pampered all her life attitude, rich snob yuppie brat)

    finally my manager caves and tells me to give her a cash refund.
    so basically we're out over $50 cash cuz apparently she paid in cash but having no proof, we have to take the loss...


    lovely eh?
    Naughty step for you, young lady...crud! forgot we can't put customers in time out.


    need any voodoo dolls c_mcarthur??


    Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

  8. #23
    KK7 is offline
    KK7
    Female
    Mastermind KK7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    37,926
    Likes Received
    9751
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)




    customers can be so fun...... Beleive me I have dealt with them all my mouth just hangs open. To me sounds like red neck comment from the guy was he older I think people just don`t think that we have feeling to....my worst customer day was just recently on Mothers Day to boot I had 3 customers yelling at me in my total shift!!! Happy Mothers Day to me!!!lol

  9. #24
    It's time to win lekate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    4,554
    Likes Received
    536
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Some really believe that if they make a big enough fuss, you will back down and give in, just to get rid of them. Kinda like a temper tantrum in a child. sadly you can't put customers in timeout.

    I saw a man (late 20's, early 30's) before Christmas, start with the effing and blinding and working up to a full stage melt-down because the cashier couldn't do what he wanted and the management backed her. He ended up being escorted out by several large gentlemen. I saw him in the car park still being a jerk 10 mins later.
    I have asked grown men to step outside until they've 'cooled' down. I never understand how people threw a sh!t fit if something didn't go their way, even the most pitiful of issues. I've never once yelled at a cashier or customer service rep and do not understand how others deem it appropriate. With large scale stores things are bound to go wrong. Deal with it.

    My experiences at Loblaws has also lead me away from the complete materialism around Christmas. Cannot do it. People would yell and piss their pants over the clearance items, the signs were always a mess and most only indicated up to 75% off. So whatever preconceived price these people came up with, it wasn't real! I now practice a very minimalist Christmas, because the 'things' don't matter. They don't.
    xox2010 and torontogal12 like this.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

    I'm going to South Korea!

  10. #25
    CaToonie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    215
    Likes Received
    105
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    The more I read these threads and posts the less faith I have in humanity these days. There's a level of class that's sorely missing from today's society I swear.
    torontogal12 likes this.

  11. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    961
    Likes Received
    324
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    There could be too much of the one shirt they could be selling it at a lower price to help sell it quicker.
    I think the customer has a valid point for being upset with the difference of price. It should be the same price, no?

    And the cashier shouldn't threaten the customer if she makes a price change. A customer can complain all they want about changing the price. Customers have no authority to make a price change...only the employees or management. So merely making that comment would of had ME call the manager to complain about the cashier. Who is the cashier to threaten the customer about getting in trouble for a price change? She can only get in trouble!!! The cashier should of called the manager and discussed it with them.

    It's cashiers like this is why i never say thank you to them. They think they own the store...Ego trip bc they know how to scan an item!!!

  12. #27
    Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In the verge of indecision
    Posts
    13,896
    Likes Received
    15224
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    My mom is a cashier. She just told me about an encounter the other day. Guy comes to the cash with two of the same shirt in different colours. They scan different prices. He says he doesn't like that and wants the manager. Manager calls and mom explains the situation. Manager says the sticker prices are the clearance sticker prices and are correct and she cannot change them.

    Mom tells customer this. He keeps insisting she should change the price, even though she was just specifically told not to. She finally says "listen, if I change the price, security is always watching and they will come and we will both be in trouble."

    Customer says "I won't be in trouble. Just you, because you would be the one who changed the price."

    Do you believe that
    Quote Originally Posted by Priceisright View Post
    I think the customer has a valid point for being upset with the difference of price. It should be the same price, no?

    And the cashier shouldn't threaten the customer if she makes a price change. A customer can complain all they want about changing the price. Customers have no authority to make a price change...only the employees or management. So merely making that comment would of had ME call the manager to complain about the cashier. Who is the cashier to threaten the customer about getting in trouble for a price change? She can only get in trouble!!! The cashier should of called the manager and discussed it with them.
    The customer can complain but the store is not obliged to sell an item simple because the customer doesn't like the price.

    The cashier got the manager who agreed that the price would not be changed. The customer then tried to BULLY the cashier into changing the price all the same.

    When the cashier pointed out the consequences, the customer was totally blase about the cashier probably losing her job just so he could get his own way. Special snowflake is strong with this man. His was the ego-trip.

    THe cashier was the innocent party here.


    Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

  13. #28
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North of 50
    Posts
    1,626
    Likes Received
    1679
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)




    IMO its a problem society created for itself when the willy, nilly use of CREDIT became common place. People used to work to save to buy things, now the majority of people just buy things on credit - there is no appreciation, no respect as a result, and instead, people just feel entitled. Gimme, gimmee. Me, me. It's sad and frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    After 8 years of working as a cashier at Loblaws, I can believe it. Price differences between almost identical items can be annoying, but it happens, for many of the reasons greencanuck offered. I've been yelled at and berated because another store has something on clearance, they come to mine to get more and find out it isn't on clearance here (again, overstock issues). Customers can be the worst sometimes.

    I was a cashier very briefly at CT last year, someone was unhappy with the price of a product (at first I thought it was a price error), no he wanted me to just change it. I told him he could take it or leave, but I wasn't changing the price. Who do these people think they are?
    lekate and MiaowTheCat like this.

  14. #29
    Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mississauga
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,063
    Likes Received
    2938
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by coupongirl99 View Post
    IMO its a problem society created for itself when the willy, nilly use of CREDIT became common place. People used to work to save to buy things, now the majority of people just buy things on credit - there is no appreciation, no respect as a result, and instead, people just feel entitled. Gimme, gimmee. Me, me. It's sad and frustrating.

    true, but thats definitely not the case for everyone.
    I pay on my credit card for almost everything.
    In return I get scene points, which I then redeem for free movies.
    at the end of the month, i pay off my credit card in full, before the due date.
    Therefore Im getting free movies and a steady strong credit rating
    Tbites likes this.


  15. #30
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    2,936
    Likes Received
    2028
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)




    what a jack a$$

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •