User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: My DH is lucky to be alive today Updated with pics

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Im glad shes ok! Cars and trucks are made to smash all up and take the brunt of the accident, we had a small fender bender and crushed the entire front end! They take the impact and are so much safer. I am glad that noone was hurt!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh.. my.... Lord..... horrid!

I know how odd/scary it was to see the pics of my car after it was totalled, and I didn't have a darned scratch. My mom just cried and cried when she saw the car in the impound lot.

For your daughter:

Name:  product5-s.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  16.4 KB

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

How terrifying - so glad she's going to be okay.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Thanks Dave, she is still pretty shaken up and very sore. I'm so glad the truck took the brunt of the hit, but after seeing the truck, I terrified. That is a really big, heavy duty truck. I can't believe the damage.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

SO glad your daughter wasn't seriously hurt....or anyone else either! I'm not sure if your daughter saw or spoke to someone (professional, support group etc etc) after the first accident but it might be an idea. It might also be worth looking into a defensive driving class(es) as well.....and I'm in no way saying that anything she did was wrong.....but taking a class like that (when she's ready) might help make her feel more secure while driving.....more prepared. Heck, I plan on finding a place to take some myself once I get some extra cash (I'm an extremely nervous, almost overly cautious driver).

As far as the pain and soreness......over the counter muscle relaxers can sometimes be WONDERFUL! lol I was hit by a car once....as a pedestrian.....and didn't think things were too too bad...until the next morning....when every inch of my body throbbed. The hospital recommended Tylenol which didn't do a thing so I stuck to Advil and Robax muscle relaxers (not at the same time if I remember correctly, lol). They helped take the edge off from my body being soooo tense. The Polysporin (sp?) with Pain Relief is fantastic for mild cuts, scrapes, and burns too.......of which I had quite a few (cuts and scrapes). Whatever they use in it has a nice mild numbing effect.

Again....I'm so happy to hear things weren't worse. Sending warm wishes and hugs to your family! (and please excuse my endless ramblings....I was just trying to think of things that might be of some help.....or things that I found helpful after I'd been hit)
    Last edited by Speckled28; Mon, May 14th, 2012 at 08:54 PM.
    Natalka likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ohhh holly so glad your daughter walked away -hugs and thoughts are with your family and her

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

OH MY She is so lucky, and I agree, an angel was watching over her both times. Prayers offered for you and your DD.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh my! That must have been terrifiying I hope your daughters injuries heal up soon.
    Natalka likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Her guardian angel is working overtime!! Thank goodness she has no serious injuries!

On the bright side, the things that scare the bejeebers out of most people like public speaking, spiders, learning to swim.... all those will be no problem for her! She'll be fearless when it comes to stuff like that.

I can just see her being nervous before going up to give her speech as high school valedictorian. Smiling, you'd lean over and say, "Remember what happened years ago? Well, this is a LOT less scary!!"
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Glad to hear your daughter is okay.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow, so glad she was able to walk away. Hopefully she will recover quickly and not be afraid to "get back on the horse" as they say.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

how scary for all of you. i'm glad to hear she is walking and talking after that.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

wow! glad to hear your daughter is ok!! so scary!
    Join SWAGBUCKS! Get free amazon $!!!
    My Blog: http://mypinkthumb.com

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was tearing up reading the story. I'm so glad she's ok.
    "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Thank you all. I've finally stopped shaking after viewing the truck. Now, to deal with the aftermath. Nikki is terrified, she won't even get in my car today. I called her work because she is so sore to tell them she wouldn't be in this week due to the accident, then I wanted to take her to see our family Dr. She refuses to get in the car. I am going to give her another day, then see how she is. It was over 6 months last time she was in that bad accident before she would get in a vehicle, now I'm not sure what will happen. She really needs to see the Dr, but won't because I cannot get her there. I will keep you all posted. Thank you all for your care and concern. It means a lot to me.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information