User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: My DH is lucky to be alive today Updated with pics

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OMG i hope her and your family are going to be alright!!! i am not religious but it seems your daughter has a purpose here,to have survived a couple accidents of that magnitude.. (hugs)
    gameprogirl and Lynn49 like this.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Thank you all. I've finally stopped shaking after viewing the truck. Now, to deal with the aftermath. Nikki is terrified, she won't even get in my car today. I called her work because she is so sore to tell them she wouldn't be in this week due to the accident, then I wanted to take her to see our family Dr. She refuses to get in the car. I am going to give her another day, then see how she is. It was over 6 months last time she was in that bad accident before she would get in a vehicle, now I'm not sure what will happen. She really needs to see the Dr, but won't because I cannot get her there. I will keep you all posted. Thank you all for your care and concern. It means a lot to me.
    I can't imagine how shaken up you all must be. Hopefully your daughter will agree to visit the doctor tomorrow but if not maybe you can call and ask your doctor what your options are. Maybe you get a nurse (VON or a similar home care service) to come out to your house and see her?

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I was going to suggest a VON as well. poor thing. give her a gentle hug from me. one day at a time mom.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Holly I am so sorry about all of this. It's tramatic enough to be in accident but to have survived in the past and now this, poor girl. I would definately approach the insurance company about counselling for your daughter. A vehicle can always be replaced but a person cannot, she is lucky to have someone looking over her. god bless
    gameprogirl, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I'm so sorry this happened to your family and I hope she fully recovers without any lasting psychological effects.

Would your daughter feel safer if you guys took a bus ride together to the DR's?
    Last edited by gameprogirl; Fri, May 18th, 2012 at 08:57 AM.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Thanks everyone. Nikki still refused to get in a vehicle of any kind. I was able to get our family Dr. to come and see her at my house (he's such a sweetheart, and he's known her since she was 4). We are in the process of getting her into tretment where she will get the help she needs to come through this and be able to move on with her life. NOt sure how we will get her there but we will cross that bridge when we get to it. In the meantime I had a very good friend of mine suggest a book I am going to get today for her to read, in the hopes it will help her a bit. It's been a rough week, but we are all still here and thats what counts
    Speckled28 likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

OMG I would want to just wrap my dh up in bubble wrap and never let her out of the house again! Of course, you can't do that, but to have such tragic things happen to just a young girl is terrible!
    I just want to hug both of you!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Thanks everyone. Nikki still refused to get in a vehicle of any kind. I was able to get our family Dr. to come and see her at my house (he's such a sweetheart, and he's known her since she was 4). We are in the process of getting her into tretment where she will get the help she needs to come through this and be able to move on with her life. NOt sure how we will get her there but we will cross that bridge when we get to it. In the meantime I had a very good friend of mine suggest a book I am going to get today for her to read, in the hopes it will help her a bit. It's been a rough week, but we are all still here and thats what counts

That was awesome of your doctor to do!! There are so many out there who would never even consider a home visit. So glad to hear that everyone is doing a tiny bit better.....even if only slightly. Small steps!

Thinking of you and your family.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Oh no, how terrifying for all of you...I'm in tears just thinking about it. And your poor daughter...sounds like she has already suffered enough for a lifetime. I really hope she's able to get the help she needs to pull through this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information