User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By littlebean
  • 1 Post By JadeDragon
  • 1 Post By Neaner
  • 1 Post By JasmineMcdonald

Thread: What is the best way to use FPCs?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I have quite a few fpcs now and I'd like to redeem them but just wondering what the best way to redeem them would be. Any tips would be appreciated
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ~Want to get FREE giftcards, paypal $$ and other awesome stuff? Well then join the thousands of others like me on SwagBucks!
    ~Join Listia for even more great FREE deals! You can PM me for help/more info!

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

wait for a BOGO deal, then you will get TWO for free, as you will just apply your FPC to the first item!!!!

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

If you can't get BOGO at least use them on a store sale where they treat the FPC like this:

Shelf Price: $X
    less store discount: $Y (the bigger the better)
    less FPC at $X (what they fill in on the coupon)
    =X-Y=overage
    wolfwoman likes this.
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Trading Score
    50 (98%)

I know a few members were using their FPC at Sobey's to get airmiles. I personally use them at RCSS so I can get the 10% off the product price of the FPC applied to the rest of my bill.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Go for the largest size product they have.
    bgheuchert likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

great tips! thanks!

i also want to ask, does SDM charge you with HST for an FPC? i know before they don't but when i redeemed 3 months ago for some free chips and the J&J take-along pack, i had to pay for the taxes. i live in ontario by the way.

thanks in advance!

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Personally, I always wait to use all my FPC's and HV coupons at SDM's 20X the points events. You still earn 20X the points on the full product price. Also! When they talk about having to spend $75 to get 20X the points this is before coupons. Last time I was in there. I spent $15 and earned 20,000 points! (with BP's and FPC's and BOGO's and the HV coupons.
    Yes, you do have to pay taxes for the coupon value. Unless it says otherwise in the coupon. (this is usually reinforced at all stores)..
    shiningmoon likes this.
    I've set up 3 trains.Still loading. If you are interested,links are on my userpage.
    No, this isn't your coffee, I had a two for one coupon!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Thanks for all the tips everyone!
    Jasmine, do you know if all SDMs do that? I heard they only give points on coupons not on FPCs. I hope I'm wrong!
    ~Want to get FREE giftcards, paypal $$ and other awesome stuff? Well then join the thousands of others like me on SwagBucks!
    ~Join Listia for even more great FREE deals! You can PM me for help/more info!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

FPCs don't work for points.. they are entered as a 2002 .. the coupons entered as 2001 do qualify
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineMcdonald View Post
    Personally, I always wait to use all my FPC's and HV coupons at SDM's 20X the points events. You still earn 20X the points on the full product price. Also! When they talk about having to spend $75 to get 20X the points this is before coupons. Last time I was in there. I spent $15 and earned 20,000 points! (with BP's and FPC's and BOGO's and the HV coupons.
    Yes, you do have to pay taxes for the coupon value. Unless it says otherwise in the coupon. (this is usually reinforced at all stores)..
    All SDM enter FPC's as a 2002 which mean a FREE PRODUCT COUPON and points are not earned on any item that is entered as a 2002. Whatever you may consider HV coupons are a different story as they are entered under the code 2001, you WILL earn point on all coupons entered under this code. It has been this way for a very long time at SDM, so it's not really the best place to use FPC's

I like to wait until there is a BOGO, but if the FPC is going to expire soon, I will use it as either Sobey's or Co-Op, as both these stores give you points the full price of the product.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Thread Information