User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: don't say you are going to sell it if you aren't going to sell it!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

DH and I decided we wanted to buy an above ground pool for our 2 young boys. Of course we look to kijiji. We found a great pool. 15' wide, 4' deep, comes with everything we would need, even the solar panels and they will deliver it because they live out of town. We come to an agreed upon price and have an "email" contract...then... today I get an email... "as we were cleaning the pool we were remembering all the good times we had...blah blah... the kids had a meltdown...blah blah...we decided not to sell it. sorry.
    oh don't worry, we didn't spend 12 hours this weekend digging up our entire yard of grass, laying down gravel and sand and levelling it all off. Don't worry we didn't spend money already to prepare for the pool...oh and don't worry, we didn't tell our 4 year old you can't play in the backyard all week because we are preparing to get a pool...
    Maybe you should have asked your kids first if they wanted to keep the pool... or not posted it on kijiji...or not agreed to sell it!
    I am so furious right now.
    ok, thanks for listening, rant over.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

yikes, i know how much work preping for a pool is. thats such a bummer!! but, on the plus side.. summer's comming and i'm sure there will be lots more pools for sale on kijiji.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

It happens I hate selling on Kijiji....people always say they r coming to buy then never show!!! So I guess u are lucky in a way ...at least they emailed you!
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh that sucks sooo bad

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

That is terrible, I have some bad things happen with Kijiji but nothing like that, I hope you find something even better for your family

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Oh wow, that's bad. So sorry you went to all that trouble just to be let down!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

thanks... I wouldn't care if it was just the money. We are already out $200 for preparing the backyard and now have no grass either. DH is super frustrated and just wants to give up...as far as finding another pool, yes you can, but this was a permanent one, which is what we want and those are very hard to find at a good price...sigh....

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Sorry to hear about the deal not going well. I hope you find another pool at a decent price. I hate it when people do that though. If I sell anything I make 100% sure I don't want it or no one else in my family does.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's just awful! I'm sorry you had to go through that. I hope you find a better deal and a seller that's true to their word.
    And I hope you told that family all the prep work you did.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I feel for you found a really really nice bedroom set for my daughter dresser with mirror, desk ect(minus the bed)emailed the man because said he will deleiver for 20.00 thought perfect set a time day ect told my daughter moved furnture(worked out well since I havn`t had a dresser for 14 years so was taking hers) noticed onother ad on Kijiji at a higher price the next day the day he was supppose to deleiver emailed him to ak him what was going on. Two hours no reply, phoned him then he tells me he decided against it. I was so mad my daughter was 14 at the time but very disapointed and upset. I hate when people have no respect like that.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nightlite View Post
    That's just awful! I'm sorry you had to go through that. I hope you find a better deal and a seller that's true to their word.
    And I hope you told that family all the prep work you did.
    I actually sent them a picture of my current backyard. I thought that was appropriate since they put me in this mess to begin with

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

what do you want to bet they had a lot of interest in the pool, decided they were selling it too cheap and in the next week they relist at a higher price... I totally wouldn't doubt that happening at all
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    what do you want to bet they had a lot of interest in the pool, decided they were selling it too cheap and in the next week they relist at a higher price... I totally wouldn't doubt that happening at all
    I will seriously freak out big time if this happens!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    I have had several people boost a price beyond the advertised price at yard sales and on Kijiji.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

I think the same thing- they either got an offer for a higher price or got so much interest, that they are bouncing offers off of each seller to raise the price!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information