User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: rolling up the prices

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is for not so much deals.My Mum just phoned me she was just at Zellers the $10 Olympic red mitts were $5.00 the other day and today they are $7.00.
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Shoppers Drug Mart Village Mall had the mild cheddar 300g for $1.99 best before date October 30.The best before date is still October 30 but the price back to regular price $5.99.Price freeze tag was dated October 1.You can never believe believe the price freeze price tag dates at Shoppers Drug Mart.
    Elle Lady Sadie likes this.

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    This is for not so much deals.My Mum just phoned me she was just at Zellers the $10 Olympic red mitts were $5.00 the other day and today they are $7.00.
    Oh so glad you posted this. I was in Zellers this week and totally baffled with the prices, because they have been INCREASING THIER PRICES all week long. I really am glad to see sellers going. Sure hope when target gets here they hire completely new staff.

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Shoppers Drug Mart Village Mall had the mild cheddar 300g for $1.99 best before date October 30.The best before date is still October 30 but the price back to regular price $5.99.Price freeze tag was dated October 1.You can never believe believe the price freeze price tag dates at Shoppers Drug Mart.
    Both shoppers now have scanners, so just scan the items before you go to checkout. It is really handy to have those self scanners, wish every store had them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Elle Lady Sadie View Post
    Both shoppers now have scanners, so just scan the items before you go to checkout. It is really handy to have those self scanners, wish every store had them.
    Where are the self scanners in Shoppers Drug Mart?

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Poirot: the scanner in shoppers bower mall, is actually a small black scanner on a post. it is at the end of an aisle, directly accross from the shelves of gum, chocolate bars, mints, cough drops over where the school supplies are, ike at the end of the vitamin aisle.

the village has a scanner near the front part of the store, also anchored to a large post. on the shelves where all the school supplies are right now. across from where they are putting all the halloween candy. it also has some gift cards at the end of the aisle.

they are quite small, so easy to miss, maybe just ask a staff member to point it out. I find they are helpful as Shoppers has so many items NOT MARKED, don't get me wrong i love shoppers, but it would be more helpful if they had ALL their items priced. Sometimes i see something i want to buy , but they don't have a price on it, so i think to myself, accckkk it is probably too expensive here anyways and just leave the item. now that they have a scanner i seem to be buying more at shoppers. If only everystore had them how helpful they would be.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Poirot: the scanner in shoppers bower mall, is actually a small black scanner on a post. it is at the end of an aisle, directly accross from the shelves of gum, chocolate bars, mints, cough drops over where the school supplies are, ike at the end of the vitamin aisle.

the village has a scanner near the front part of the store, also anchored to a large post. on the shelves where all the school supplies are right now. across from where they are putting all the halloween candy. it also has some gift cards at the end of the aisle.

they are quite small, so easy to miss, maybe just ask a staff member to point it out. I find they are helpful as Shoppers has so many items NOT MARKED, don't get me wrong i love shoppers, but it would be more helpful if they had ALL their items priced. Sometimes i see something i want to buy , but they don't have a price on it, so i think to myself, accckkk it is probably too expensive here anyways and just leave the item. now that they have a scanner i seem to be buying more at shoppers. If only everystore had them how helpful they would be.
    Thanks very much this is so helpful.You are so right about so many items not marked at Shoppers.Sometimes they don't have the correct price.Tide powder laundry detergent 30 load today price tag on shelf said $9.99 and I got it price checked by the cashier it scanned at $4.99 which is what I thought the price was it was because of the 2 day sale on Tide.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, Sep 9th, 2012 at 07:15 PM.

Daddy-O
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's rather interesting, with Zellers closing, they're not taking part in any of the flyers, sales, etc. They're just using their regular prices and then taking X% off. Of course, for a closeout, Zellers is typically higher priced than WalMart, so their 'closeout' prices are often higher than WalMart's everyday prices. Not surprisingly, I was there on the weekend and despite being several weeks into their closeout sale, the store still looks pretty full.

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by omegacanuck View Post
    It's rather interesting, with Zellers closing, they're not taking part in any of the flyers, sales, etc. They're just using their regular prices and then taking X% off. Of course, for a closeout, Zellers is typically higher priced than WalMart, so their 'closeout' prices are often higher than WalMart's everyday prices. Not surprisingly, I was there on the weekend and despite being several weeks into their closeout sale, the store still looks pretty full.
    Makes no sense to me. if they plan on selling everything in the store they better start slashing prices big time because thier close date is Mid-November. they only have 2 months - maybe we should all head on over there and show them how to REALLY Have a close-out sale, just remember to take along a big-black-felt-marker. I could sure show em how it's done. Let me see hmmmmm what are Sadie's Prices: case 24 pepsi 1.99. ok they be cleared out in 3 days. All clothing 75% off - that would speed things along. Food 90% 0ff. Ok now their shelves would start clearing hehehe. But seriouslly, that store is still jammed pack, they have to do something or will it all end up in the garbage? maybe they will donate it all over to the BIBLES FOR MISSIONS STORE, that would be a very nice thing for them to do.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Makes no sense to me. if they plan on selling everything in the store they better start slashing prices big time because thier close date is Mid-November. they only have 2 months - maybe we should all head on over there and show them how to REALLY Have a close-out sale, just remember to take along a big-black-felt-marker. I could sure show em how it's done. Let me see hmmmmm what are Sadie's Prices: case 24 pepsi 1.99. ok they be cleared out in 3 days. All clothing 75% off - that would speed things along. Food 90% 0ff. Ok now their shelves would start clearing hehehe. But seriouslly, that store is still jammed pack, they have to do something or will it all end up in the garbage? maybe they will donate it all over to the BIBLES FOR MISSIONS STORE, that would be a very nice thing for them to do.
    Actually Red Deer Zellers is closing October 26.I would bet anything they don't sell will end up shipped to other Zellers.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks your directions were perfect found the scanners yesterday.Sylvan Lake Shoppers has a scanner too.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No Frills Sylvan Lake original Mrs Butterworth syrup is now $2.99 and the lite and no sugar Mrs Butterworth are still $2.39.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No Frills Sylvan Lake original Mrs Butterworth syrup is now $2.99 and the lite and no sugar Mrs Butterworth are still $2.39.
    I hate when they make one variety of the same thing more expensive than the others.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Walmart Sylvan Lake Duracell watch/electronic watch batteries you are getting way overcharged. www.walmart.ca has Duracell silver oxide watch/electronic battery 377 $7.97 and Walmart Sylvan Lake is charging the $7.97 for the regular Duracell 377 electronic/watch battery.Any of the Duracell watch batteries that don't say Duracell silver oxide that that are $7 or $8 you are getting overcharged on.Walmart in other stores might have inflated the prices of Duracell regular watch/electronic battery to the Duracell silver oxide watch/electronic battery price.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Zellers wont slashed their prices until the very last couple of weeks. I walked in there and saw 10%-40% off and laughed, yet people were buying things. The fact is stores do get more stock that other stores are trying to get rid of that is why Zellers looks full. Another thing is that The Bay sent them their items they couldnt sell and thats why Zellers has now Guess and Jessica Simpson and other Bay brand names in there on sale. I lucked out couple of weeks ago and got bunch of Jessica Simpson really cute clothing items and I paid around $3 each and my mom found some stuff too and paid like $.50 ... prices that day were great. Unfortunately I have not seen those prices after that at all. So, my thinking is that they are slowly starting to slash prices and dont want to empty the store before time comes and they are well aware that people will come and empty the store just before the doors close. So, they are not in a hurry to have an empty store months ahead of closing time. Thats why I am laughing at people thinking 10%-40% is good deal ahah I say go there 2 weeks before they close and see the deals u can find
    thriftygranny likes this.

Follow my Beauty Blog on instagram @officialbestofglam
    or on facebook @bestofglam

I write reviews on all new and upcoming beauty products
    Sephora is my grand love

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information