User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Walmart-Free Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce with overage

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

glad some people can get the sauce for free. I don't have WM near-by. I have lots of these coupons but don't know who carry this product.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

After waiting in frustration for 5 days of being too ill to cycle (7-8km each way) to this store, I went to the RCSS on Oxford East in London, yesterday.

Early Sunday morning, I phoned to ensure when they would expect a new delivery (late Monday night)
    Early on Tuesday morning, I phoned first to be sure they had stock of Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauce ( 100 bottles at 8am).

I left as soon as possible and by 10am, at my arrival, they had about 30 bottles left.

Most of the 16 free bottles that I got will go to a non-profit group BBQ.
    Last edited by greencanuck; Wed, May 23rd, 2012 at 04:47 AM.
    carlyincanada and julesm14 like this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanrio View Post
    glad some people can get the sauce for free. I don't have WM near-by. I have lots of these coupons but don't know who carry this product.
    Various posters have reported it on sale this week at RCSS and some Walmart stores.
    Have you gone/phoned either one?
    If not Walmart/RCSS where it is $2 or less ( ie free with the coupon)- try phoning your other local stores.
    carlyincanada likes this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I went to that store after work yesterday around 1530 and ALL GONE!!

Quote Originally Posted by greencanuck View Post
    After waiting in frustration for 5 days of being too ill to cycle (7-8km each way) to this store, I went to the RCSS on Oxford East in London, yesterday.

Early Sunday morning, I phoned to ensure when they would expect a new delivery (late Monday night)
    Early on Tuesday morning, I phoned first to be sure they had stock of Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauce ( 100 bottles at 8am).

I left as soon as possible and by 10am, at my arrival, they had about 30 bottles left.

Most of the 16 free bottles that I got will go to a non-profit group BBQ.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am kind of against people who pick up 50 bottles and donate. This is such a good thing however, if the company wanted to donate to food banks they would have. Lets face it, it is not in their profit margin. They sed out thse coupons to get people to try their products at a discounted price. When they catch on and perhaps already have that the product is just being picked up by few individuals and sent to food banks they will stop issuing coupons. Although it is a thoughtful thing to do, it may not be the best thing for the coupon cause. The company wants people who pay for products to be able to go to the store and find on shelves and try and then buy in the future. If 10 people swip up everything their advertising is not working. I think you should use coupons for personal use. The extreme use of coupons will only hinder us. Just something to think about. Maybe donate a couple bottles instead of 10-15.
    couponfreak likes this.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ferdo View Post
    I am kind of against people who pick up 50 bottles and donate. This is such a good thing however, if the company wanted to donate to food banks they would have. Lets face it, it is not in their profit margin. They sed out thse coupons to get people to try their products at a discounted price. When they catch on and perhaps already have that the product is just being picked up by few individuals and sent to food banks they will stop issuing coupons. Although it is a thoughtful thing to do, it may not be the best thing for the coupon cause. The company wants people who pay for products to be able to go to the store and find on shelves and try and then buy in the future. If 10 people swip up everything their advertising is not working. I think you should use coupons for personal use. The extreme use of coupons will only hinder us. Just something to think about. Maybe donate a couple bottles instead of 10-15.
    If they authorize 1 million coupons to print and be distributed, would they know or even care who is using the coupons? The use of the 1 million coupons is what is figured in their profit margin, not whether it is someone down on their luck or me, who just wants a free bottle of BBQ sauce?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by newcouponchick View Post
    I went to that store after work yesterday around 1530 and ALL GONE!!
    I am not terribly surprised.
    I was expecting stock problems, so I phoned several times to confirm stock arrival and hustled my coughing, sneezing, hacking butt all the way there soon after the store opened.

As I posted- between 8am and 10am, about 70 bottles sold.( which is a rate of 35 bottles per hour.)

At 10am, I bought 16 bottles(most for my non-profit group's BBQ)- leaving about 14 bottles on the shelf.

That leaves 10am- 3:30pm (5 1/2 hrs) to sell the remaining 14 bottles. They probably sold out in less than an hour.

I hope you got a rain-check, as you can for sale merchandise that is out-of-stock at that RCSS.

Don't forget to ask the staff ( in person or by phone) if new stock is expected and when that will be.
    Last edited by greencanuck; Wed, May 23rd, 2012 at 09:17 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am extremely grateful that I was able to get those 10 bottles of BBQ sauce for the non-profit BBQ that I organize every autumn. (6 bottles for friends and family)

Due to illness, I am going to be paying physically (health set-back) for the efforts (cycling 15km in the heat) to go get those bottles.

Every year, I go through a lot of effort (about 1200 hours of organisation) to keep that non-profit event extremely low-cost so that the unemployed, underemployed, disabled, etc can still afford to attend.
    (I have a sliding attendance fee, pay what you can afford)
    I even quietly fund (out of my own pocket) a few people who can't afford a minimum payment.

It is a tremendous financial stress to me, personally, to put all the money upfront for a weekend's event for 50+ people and desperately hope to recoup the cash while keeping costs super-low for attendees.

The money I saved, yesterday, on that BBQ sauce, will help me cover other BBQ food expenses that will increase this year, (grocery costs went up 35-40% last year) but not have to increase the attendance price for attendees to my non-profit group BBQ.

I have no ethical issues about getting 16 bottles (about 10 for the non-profit BBQ and the rest for friends and family) and am kind of proud that I make these efforts for the community.
    Last edited by greencanuck; Wed, May 23rd, 2012 at 08:56 AM.
    julesm14 and coupondude2012 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks again for posting up this deal if not I would have passed it by! I was able to get my 2 bottles - all I need and 0.06 cent overage at WM!! :D
    julesm14 likes this.
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'd like to trade. For some if any one has extras. Thanks.

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

Thanks!

Baby Stock Pile
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

ive called a few local walmarts and no one has this sauce!
    did someone say RCSS had this on sale too?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Saw in the Metro flyer that they have it for $2.49...not free with the coupon but $0.49 is still a decent price!!
    julesm14 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I dumpster dive for my coupons, so some the inserts from out of province (bc) had the sweet Baby ray's bbq's and they also had the litehouse salad dressing in them that we didn't get here. We got some figurine offer instead???

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Walmart at Airport Rd. in Brampton is all cleaned out Did anyone find this in Brampton?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information