User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In grade 11 U my math score 65%. I know this is a low score. I am not an expert in this subject, and I did poorly on my exam.I hope to retake the grade 11 exam again, Because my plan is to enter York or Ryerson for BBA or any business courses. But I am little bit confused, as everyone says that universities see it as a bad thing, and it's best to just do good in grade 12 math. So what you guys think should I retake the grade 11 math or go for grade 12 math?

Thanks in advance.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by mill123; Sun, Jul 31st, 2011 at 01:38 AM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I don't know how universities see it, it's up to you. I can tell you in grade 11 Math was my lowest mark - 68. Everything else was 80s. In grade 12 I failed my first math test, the first test of any kind I'd ever failed. Math isn't my best subject either. I finished the year with the highest mark in math in my graduating class. Why? Because I was terrified of failing, so I spent a couple of hours a night on it, every night, for months. My final mark was as much of a surprise (shock?) to me as everyone else. So it can be done. Just takes lots and lots of effort and a commitment to do it day after day.

I wish you success whatever you decide.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

IN her final year in high school my sister was in a serious car accident. She spent 2 months in hospital, had several surgeries to save her life and then came home in a full body cast, this was in the fall.. in jan she started back to school and insisted she was graduating with her class, she attended school in a cast and could only last 2-3 hours before she would come home and be out for 2-3 days.. her math teacher taugh her shortcuts so she could figure out the answers but she never really got the basics I guess.. this plagued her in University.. I would worry a bit less about what the university thinks a nd more about KNOWING the material... hope that makes sense.. is there any way you can get a tutor to bring your levels or do night school then carry on in grade 12?
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    21 (88%)

I would take grade 12 math, if you are planning on going into a BBA take Advanced Functions and one other math course. Universities will take your top 6 university and "M" level courses, this will include the mandatory ones required for your program and other that you scored highest in. So for example if we were looking at the BBA program for YORK university:
    The admission requirements are:

• MHF4U. One of MCV4U OR MDM4U (MCV4U recommended)
    • A minimum of 70% in MHF4U and ENG4U
    • No more than two 4M courses
    • Online supplementary information form required

So you need take TWO grade 12 math courses and get at least a 70% in MHF 4U and English. The other 4 courses that they look at can be anything so you could take easy ones like Food and Nutrition to keep a good average. Don't worry about your grade 11 courses they don't look at them.

I currently am taking my BBA at Nipissing University.

Thread Information