User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: I got someone fired, but I couldn't stand by and not say anything.....

Pawkeys
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

A lot of people are fighting health issues, sickly, or dying. It does not give them a bad behavior pass.
    DaveP likes this.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Your posts weren't removed, this thread got split in two. The other half of it is here:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/295547-...a/#post4702698
    I noticed that also !! LOL and looking a mod didn't move/split the thread so that is just weird!!!!

<3 LD <3
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Yes you did! Very brave of you

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You totally did the right thing! I'm short as well, and can just imagine how badly I'd be freaked too!

And, to those who are getting your panties in a bunch about "black"... Really? African-American is the PC way of saying it, so please, get over yourselves and stop nitpicking. Goodness gracious! I guess she really had to focus to see if he has green eyes or one full eyebrow or two and tell us too right? *sigh*
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kparker1786 View Post
    You totally did the right thing! I'm short as well, and can just imagine how badly I'd be freaked too!

And, to those who are getting your panties in a bunch about "black"... Really? African-American is the PC way of saying it, so please, get over yourselves and stop nitpicking. Goodness gracious! I guess she really had to focus to see if he has green eyes or one full eyebrow or two and tell us too right? *sigh*
    in the USA .... that's the politically correct way of referring to blacks! but here in CANADA ..... the blacks are NOT desendents of the U.S. most of them are from Jamaica, Guyana, Trinidad.... the Carribean or African countries like Ethiopia or Somalia.
    Like I said before...... I have no problem with the poster mentioning the race of the person, it's necessary to describe a perpetrator.
    Sally888 likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by travel-mum View Post
    The only reason I mentioned the man behind the desk was black was because this is pretty well the only thing I remember about him.
    The hotel manager wanted me to e-mail him what happened. I just took that e-mail and used it as a draft of my story to my fellow SC'rs.
    I also gave a description of the shuttle bus driver to the hotel manager, but I edited that out as I didn't think it was relevant. I just forgot to edit out my description of the man behind the desk.
    Sorry to any African American people on this site. I didn't mean anything by it!
    I'm back from a weekend at my trailer, so I'm in a much better mood.

If you read my posts, you would know that I didn't think race was relevant, so I removed the information relating to the description of the perpetrator from my original e-mail to the hotel.
    I just forgot to remove the describing information about the one and only witness!

But it still bothers me that my thread, telling my fellow SC'ers about a terrible incident that happened to me, turned into such a hateful forum for some people. I'm not angry with those of you who lashed out. I really feel sorry for you.

I choose to live my life with optimism and kindness. I can tell you that it makes for a very happy life.

Those of you who live your lives with pessimism and hatefullness get the kind of unhappy lives you deserve.

And thank you to those who provided me with support and kind words. May you all live long and prosper!
    Last edited by travel-mum; Mon, May 21st, 2012 at 09:15 PM.
    Lynn49, DaveP and Snow Queen like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by travel-mum View Post
    I'm back from a weekend at my trailer, so I'm in a much better mood.

If you read my posts, you would know that I didn't think race was relevant, so I removed the information relating to the description of the perpetrator from my original e-mail to the hotel. He was Middle Eastern, by the way, but I didn't tell you people that. Imagine if I had, some of you would condem me for being biased against Middle Eastern people!

I just forgot to remove the describing information about the one and only witness!

But it still bothers me that my thread, telling my fellow SC'ers about a terrible incident that happened to me, turned into such a hateful forum for some people. I'm not angry with those of you who lashed out. I really feel sorry for you.

I choose to live my life with optimism and kindness. I can tell you that it makes for a very happy life.

Those of you who live your lives with pessimism and hatefullness get the kind of lives you deserve.
    Well said.

Edit to Add: As for Middle eastern men, not all, but there are an awful lot of misogynistic men produced in that culture. That isn't racism - has nothing to do with race - but has to do with culture. I don't believe all cultures are equal and should be respected. Those that deny women rights, treat them as second-class citizens or as servants and baby-makers are not equal to ours. I will not give them respect because I disagree with them. I believe they are wrong in how they treat other human beings. We're supposed to tolerate other culture's differences, and i do. but not that. That does not make me a racist though.

And it sounds like this fellow you had a run-in with had a little more than a touch of misogyny.
    Last edited by DaveP; Mon, May 21st, 2012 at 08:47 PM.
    Lynn49, GoJays and MiaowTheCat like this.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It doesnt matter what hes fighting or dealing with, he had 0 right to treat you like that. Im glad u complained.
    DaveP likes this.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

As for her saying his race why does it matter? Im pretty sure if someone was describing me they can say native or white, grey, brown etc and I wouldn't give two craps. Whats next? Not being able to describe if the person was male or female in case they are pre op?
    Last edited by Sally888; Mon, May 21st, 2012 at 09:02 PM.
    Jezebel, Insane, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well said.

Edit to Add: As for Middle eastern men, not all, but there are an awful lot of misogynistic men produced in that culture. That isn't racism - has nothing to do with race - but has to do with culture. I don't believe all cultures are equal and should be respected. Those that deny women rights, treat them as second-class citizens or as servants and baby-makers are not equal to ours. I will not give them respect because I disagree with them. I believe they are wrong in how they treat other human beings. We're supposed to tolerate other culture's differences, and i do. but not that. That does not make me a racist though.

And it sounds like this fellow you had a run-in with had a little more than a touch of misogyny.
    Dave, I have to agree with you...some cultures' practices and beliefs just don't jive with mine and I can't condone them. It boggles my mind that so many people go to a particular country for "enlightenment", yet in that very country, baby girls are killed just for being born girls. Yes, yes, I know not everyone does that, but...why aren't they enlightened, too?
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Dave, I have to agree with you...some cultures' practices and beliefs just don't jive with mine and I can't condone them. It boggles my mind that so many people go to a particular country for "enlightenment", yet in that very country, baby girls are killed just for being born girls. Yes, yes, I know not everyone does that, but...why aren't they enlightened, too?
    Yes, the prevalence of abortions and infanticide in both China and India, only because the baby is a girl, is utterly heartbreaking.
    Last edited by DaveP; Tue, May 22nd, 2012 at 12:31 AM.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Well, I didn't think my one little comment would cause such an issue.
    Had I known that was an email you wrote to the hotel, I would have been understanding. However, in the context of things I did not know that and assumed you just wrote the race down for unnecessary reasons. I never use race to describe people who have done bad things - that man wasn't even the perpetrator, he was just a witness. That's just my opinion, we are all entitled to one.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    in the USA .... that's the politically correct way of referring to blacks! but here in CANADA ..... the blacks are NOT desendents of the U.S. most of them are from Jamaica, Guyana, Trinidad.... the Carribean or African countries like Ethiopia or Somalia.
    Nonsense. While there are many black folk from varying backgrounds here in Canada, there are also many descended from slaves who escaped the US and came here.

Underground Railroad
    Last edited by DaveP; Tue, May 22nd, 2012 at 10:00 AM.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Nonsense. While there are many black folk from varying backgrounds here in Canada, there are also many descended from slaves who escaped the US and came here.

Underground Railroad
    I know there are vibrant communities of people with this heritage right here in Cape Breton.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I know there are vibrant communities of people with this heritage right here in Cape Breton.
    My husband has always been interested in the Civil War (which is likely why he and I watch the military channel so often), he knows the generals, the battles and skirmishes, and would one day like to follow the underground railway across the border...evidently many homes that housed slaves (safe houses?) escaping from the south have been preserved in the US...I'm not sure about those in Canada...it would be an interesting historical trip......
    DaveP likes this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information