User Tag List

mandolinatou
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My general rule of thumb is I don't coupon because I work too much to dedicate much time to it. I shop sales but I don't coupon. I did coupon in the US but with double and triple coupons it was much easier. I recently saw the uniprix flyer and I was wishing I had a few coupons on hand... FYI uniprix flyer is interesting this week!

I was wondering where do you guys get most of your coupons? Secondly for those who manage to regularly get stuff for free or just taxes would you mind posting any quebec based tips and secondly what you got at which stores with which coupons for a week or two. I just want to know what people are getting for free in this province and how much work it actually takes.
    This thread is currently associated with: Uniprix

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi Mandolinatou, I consider that it’s well worth my time to coupon, even though I also lead a very busy life. The key is being organized, accessing and sharing information (like though this great forum !) and watching sales. I very regularly get products for free or for very little money thanks to couponing; mostly free toiletries, cleaning products and paper goods but also free food products, although perhaps less frequently. I get most of my coupons in newspaper inserts and “le Sac Plus” (distributed with the weekly flyers), but also from food packages and coupon pads displayed in the aisles of my supermarket, pharmacies, etc. When I find a good coupon (for a product that I would buy anyway, or that I think I can get for free), I try to obtain as many copies as possible and then wait for a good sale to stock up. Last week for example, my usual brand of coffee (Melitta) was on sale for a really good price: $3.50 at Uniprix. I had collected several $2. off coupons, so I got many cans of coffee for $1.50 each. I now have a stockpile of coffee that should last us for a couple of months, and I paid perhaps 30% of the regular price. Last week also, Canadian Tire had Scotties tissues on sale for $1 and I had $1 coupons, so I got several boxes for free (and paid the taxes with Canadian Tire money, of course). Another example – maybe two weeks ago Quaker granola bars were on sale for $2 at Metro and I had 5 $2. off coupons found on cereal boxes, so I got 5 boxes for free (well, I had to pay the taxes but still…). Etc etc… these are just a few examples off the top of my head. You’ll find tons of examples, brags, etc. in this forum; reading the “brag” section is always a good idea, as you may hear about sales and coupons that you had not noticed while perusing the flyers. When you watch sales, price match, stockpile and use coupons, the savings really do add up ! So to me, yes, it’s definitely worth it.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry for the long text without paragraphs above - for some reason I can't separate what I wrote into paragraphs!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

YUP the Uniprix sales were great this week, well worth the effort.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Colgate Optic White toothpaste is on sale at Uniprix, 2/$3. There is a $1 coupon in the Utilisource insert in my PJC flyer bag, not the regular Publisac. For some reason, I got two of these bags in my mailbox, so I got 2 toothpaste today. Royale 6-pack tissue paper is 2.79 and both Uniprix were OOS so I price matched at Maxi and use $1 coupons from gocoupons.
    Last edited by couponmummy; Sat, Sep 14th, 2013 at 08:39 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Giant Tiger has a sale on Cascades toilet paper, pack of 8 for 2.77.
    There is a $2 printable on post #13.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/355995-...ntable-canada/
    I got 6 so far at different day and time. It's one per customer.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I went GT this afternoon, and Cascades toilet papers are out of the stock, no rain check.

mandolinatou
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks guys that is all really helpful. I did go shopping this week at uniprix and saved a bundle on allegra D. I cleared out the shelf as it was half the price at pharmaprix but I did not have any useful coupons this time around. I am going to start keeping my eyes out for coupons but I don't get any good coupon inserts to my door. I don't get the publisac or a newspaper. Is there a newpaper that gives more coupon inserts?

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Try living in the depths of Quebec...I rarely see a flyer in the wild and coupons only appear towards the end of thier run..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Mmmh... that's a pity, but you can still print coupons from smartsource.ca, order them from websaver.com and save.ca and check out the forums for coupon offers on facebook and manufacturers sites. Also, keep an eye out for coupons pads when you visit your local supermarkets and drugstores.

Thread Information