User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The manager say: "Well the madame is right..." and I got my 2nd SCOP

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abouret View Post
    In Quebec, a SCOP is not just a courtoisie for store, it's a law. And I don't know why but some store, when they give you a SCOP, they don't go back to adjust the wrong pricing. Back in January-February, I keep going back at the Zellers near me because they had put a wrong price tag on packs of Hanes underwear and they didn't corrected. I had the time to got back 6 times, on 6 differents day and still they didn't corrected the price and got: 2 packs of under T-shirt for my dad, 2 packs of briefs for DH and 2 packs of boxer for my BIL. Each of them for under 5$ after the 3$ coupons (because of course, I use a coupons on it!).
    What a great deal on the Hanes.
    When I got my first SCOP it took a long time, because the head cashier was recording the UPC code of the product at the cash and called the department right away to change the prices.
    That's how they should do it.
    In your case, good thing they didn't.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Abouret, fantastic job! As shoppers and couponers, we need to stand up for our rights and I love the way you handled yourself.

Good job!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Great brag!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I got my second scop today. Coke (12 cans) had a price of $5.27. It rung up at $5.69. They took down all prices so no one else could get one for free. If I had taken a coke, diet coke, and coke zero that would have been 3 for free not just the one coke. I will think about it differently next time I go to cash. My mind was on the $5 coupons.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abouret View Post
    I went to IGA today and I saw the Compliments cupcakes. I love them because they are so good! Okay, not homemade good but commercial good. But they are pricy: 4.99$ for 4. Looking through all the boxes for the flavor, I saw 2 packages at 4.59$ (1 chocolate and 1 red velvet). Score! I knew I could have some SCOP. I also took a lemon one.

When I arrived at the cash register, the cashier wouldn't give me any SCOP. Then she call someone and came back and say I was allowed to have one product free but not 2 because this will be greedy. So I told her that since they are 2 differents flavor, I should be allowed to have both of them for free. She started to tell me that I can't have a free product for the Lemon one or have it for 4.59$ because the price was okay on that one. So I told her I have no problem with the lemon one, my problem was the chocolate and the red velvet. She keep going to another cash register to call and always came back with the same answer: No. So I finally said: "Will you please ask someone to come?" She say: "Well you can go to see the manager of the department but she the one I keep calling and she say no". So I ask her to finish the transaction and I will go see that person. At the same moment she was giving me invoice, she say the store manager and go after him. She came back with him and say: "He will tell that I'm right". Manager look at me and say: "Madame, you can't have 2 of the same products for free." "Well Sir, the law say if I buy 2 identicals products, I can only have one product for free that right. But since they is 2 flavor with the error and both flavor have a different UPC they shouldn't be calculate as identical. If they were identical, they will have the same UPC and you will not count them are 2 differents products in your inventory. They will be the same which is not the case right now." He look at the cashier and told her that she didn't tell him there was 2 differents flavors. "Sooooooo?!" she said. "Well the madame is right, you must give her both packages for free. It's our mistake and is her right." Cashier was so mad that she told me that she can't refund the one at 4.99$, only the one at 4.59$. I look at her and say: "Did I ask you to do that? Don't worry I know the law!"

Well I know the law so much that this was my 26 SCOP since the beginning of the year...

For those of you who have problem with multiple SCOP, just remember:
    If the products have differents UPC, they are not identical because store have them as 2 products in there inventory.
    If it's the same UPC, only one SCOP should be allowed.

Have a great week-end!
    WOW....Good for you ..thanks for the info

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

What is they are the same product, for instance both two jars of diaper cream, same brand size etc, but if the upc on the sticker is different, would that be considered two products? (not maybe a great example being that stickers are not usually on them, but upc from the company.. ) How would this work.. THanks

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I had a similar debate at Walmart. How can they says Yves Veggie Chicken and Yves Veggie Beef are the same product?
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I had a similar debate at Walmart. How can they says Yves Veggie Chicken and Yves Veggie Beef are the same product? They were raising prices in the middle of the day and I caught it.

I saw an interesting thing at a SOF 10PM on a Sat night. The stock boy was putting out flyers but he tagged them as "next week" with a sticky note. I got the about to expire flyer and a new one. They had not changed the prices on new sales yet but I spotted a box a printed shelf tags ready to put out. Also saw end caps of sale product built but not tagged. With an increased interest in flyers, sales and SCOPs these things jumped out at me.
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow! you're my hero!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Nice, and good for you.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was under the impression that SCOP's were a courtesy not law. I've never gone looking for them. Once at Walmart a cashier rang in my purchase wrong, she owed me about $3.00 for sale merchandise. I went to customer service and the gentleman gave me the $3.00. He said he could go and check the prices and then give me the full amount, but I intended to purchase them so getting them for free never really occurred to me. Could someone please enlighten me on Ontario's SCOP policies?
    Melissa Boucher

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeandBlended View Post
    I was under the impression that SCOP's were a courtesy not law. I've never gone looking for them. Once at Walmart a cashier rang in my purchase wrong, she owed me about $3.00 for sale merchandise. I went to customer service and the gentleman gave me the $3.00. He said he could go and check the prices and then give me the full amount, but I intended to purchase them so getting them for free never really occurred to me. Could someone please enlighten me on Ontario's SCOP policies?
    Please read the official site for SCOP:
    http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...eng/01262.html
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeandBlended View Post
    In Quebec, it is a law. Stores have 2 choices:

1- they have a price label on each individual product. This make them exempt from SCOP, since you can check prices easily at the cash register.
    2- they do like 99% percent of the stores, and just put a price tag on the shelf. Then they have to apply the SCOP policy.

I always stand for my free products, but really don't have that much trouble. Once the cashier wanted to give me my 2 tubs of ice cream free after I mentioned the wrong pricing, and I had to correct her. Last time at Home Depot, I did have to train the cashier, because after the price check, she started to charge me the lower price. She really looked clueless (and I was looking for the big sign they normally have at the cash registers to show her), but a 30s phone call to her supervisor got me my 99cents power cord! She was puzzled but seemed happy for me, no aggressiveness.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Great job, thanks for the tip on different UPC of similar products.

I've also notice that most stores don't correct the price. I think RCSS is the only one I've seen actually fix the pricing immediately.

Trading Score
    139 (100%)

This is the first I've heard about this scop thing. So thank you for educating me! I'm going to read up some more. I did have a quick question. Does it work if the price is supposed to be more but is priced less?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information