User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The manager say: "Well the madame is right..." and I got my 2nd SCOP

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I went to IGA today and I saw the Compliments cupcakes. I love them because they are so good! Okay, not homemade good but commercial good. But they are pricy: 4.99$ for 4. Looking through all the boxes for the flavor, I saw 2 packages at 4.59$ (1 chocolate and 1 red velvet). Score! I knew I could have some SCOP. I also took a lemon one.

When I arrived at the cash register, the cashier wouldn't give me any SCOP. Then she call someone and came back and say I was allowed to have one product free but not 2 because this will be greedy. So I told her that since they are 2 differents flavor, I should be allowed to have both of them for free. She started to tell me that I can't have a free product for the Lemon one or have it for 4.59$ because the price was okay on that one. So I told her I have no problem with the lemon one, my problem was the chocolate and the red velvet. She keep going to another cash register to call and always came back with the same answer: No. So I finally said: "Will you please ask someone to come?" She say: "Well you can go to see the manager of the department but she the one I keep calling and she say no". So I ask her to finish the transaction and I will go see that person. At the same moment she was giving me invoice, she say the store manager and go after him. She came back with him and say: "He will tell that I'm right". Manager look at me and say: "Madame, you can't have 2 of the same products for free." "Well Sir, the law say if I buy 2 identicals products, I can only have one product for free that right. But since they is 2 flavor with the error and both flavor have a different UPC they shouldn't be calculate as identical. If they were identical, they will have the same UPC and you will not count them are 2 differents products in your inventory. They will be the same which is not the case right now." He look at the cashier and told her that she didn't tell him there was 2 differents flavors. "Sooooooo?!" she said. "Well the madame is right, you must give her both packages for free. It's our mistake and is her right." Cashier was so mad that she told me that she can't refund the one at 4.99$, only the one at 4.59$. I look at her and say: "Did I ask you to do that? Don't worry I know the law!"

Well I know the law so much that this was my 26 SCOP since the beginning of the year...

For those of you who have problem with multiple SCOP, just remember:
    If the products have differents UPC, they are not identical because store have them as 2 products in there inventory.
    If it's the same UPC, only one SCOP should be allowed.

Have a great week-end!
    This thread is currently associated with: IGA
    Hi! I'm a shopaholic... hum no, scratch that, I'm a dealaholic!!!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Keep on scoping and squeeking untill you get that scop! You ROCK! Your post had me saying " YES, YES!" Some cashiers are just plain miserable.
    krysta lynne likes this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Awesome score! Well done! I didn't know that about the UPCs....good to know for the future. Thanks.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Great post Abouret! Go kick some SCOP butt!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Wow, the cashier called you "greedy"?! What? She forgot her customer service training. But also noticed that you posted that she was rude to the manager too.

Good for you for standing up for your rights.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

An excellent post and I especially liked the lesson at the bottom of your post. I have never scop'd and am looking forward to being able to. You have helped me learn the rules.

Well done.

Junior Canuck couponlovingcanuck's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

26 SCOPS!!! SOOO LUCKY! I've been couponing for almost two years now and I'm still awaiting my first SCOP! Great brag though!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Nice job! I'd love to live where you live to be getting that many SCOP's! I tried to get one so far this year but I had to argue and argue and argue with the RCSS manager and she still wouldn't give it to me.

P.S. I hate how they always call a manager and never have the manager come speak to you in person and when you ask to actually SPEAK to the manager they act like you're litteraly making them do a deadly task.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

What a great story! You obviously know your stuff! I'd like to walk around behind you while you shop - I could learn a lot!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    What a great story! You obviously know your stuff! I'd like to walk around behind you while you shop - I could learn a lot!
    +1
    And OP has good taste too - red velvet cupcakes. Yum.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Great story! I have my 4 SCOPs this year so far. Save at least 20 bucks! If I have known about SCOP earlier, would have save a lot more. Thanks for keep teaching us newbie.
    Join Swagbucks for FREE gift cards and paypal money!!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/<wbr>couponsbaby2011

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Wow, the cashier called you "greedy"?! What? She forgot her customer service training. But also noticed that you posted that she was rude to the manager too.

Good for you for standing up for your rights.
    +1
    Great post/story. I bet the cashier had wanted them for herself!! ha ha

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Yes I did argue for ité It took me 5 minutes. But the way I see it is: 4.59$ for 5 minutes is like having a salary of 55.08$! So it's always worth it.

The best part is, will I was wainting for the cashier to give me back my 4.59$, a lady was waiting for me because she say I had a binder and she wanted to know where to get coupons and if it's was worth it. Oh yes, madame, it's worth it!
    MiaowTheCat likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Congratulations on the SCOP.
    I get about one a month, on average, with minimal hassles each time.

PURCHASE LIMITS:
    The other way that different product item UPC's come in handy is for stores that have purchasing limits ( ie for price-matching, for sale items, etc)

For example:
    Fresh Co and No Frills will price-match identical items but have limits to the number they will do per item (4 - if I recall correctly)
    Occasionally, Shopper's (and other stores) will have item limits on the sale items.

One fact is that each item flavour or type has a unique UPC code, so you can get different flavours or varieties to that 4 item limit.

Specific example:
    Fresh Orange Juice price match
    4 orange juice no pulp, 4 orange juice regular, 4 orange juice extra pulp

Happy Shopping!
    Last edited by greencanuck; Sun, May 20th, 2012 at 06:37 PM.
    Giving-Small likes this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponlovingcanuck View Post
    26 SCOPS!!! SOOO LUCKY! I've been couponing for almost two years now and I'm still awaiting my first SCOP! Great brag though!
    In Quebec, a SCOP is not just a courtoisie for store, it's a law. And I don't know why but some store, when they give you a SCOP, they don't go back to adjust the wrong pricing. Back in January-February, I keep going back at the Zellers near me because they had put a wrong price tag on packs of Hanes underwear and they didn't corrected. I had the time to got back 6 times, on 6 differents day and still they didn't corrected the price and got: 2 packs of under T-shirt for my dad, 2 packs of briefs for DH and 2 packs of boxer for my BIL. Each of them for under 5$ after the 3$ coupons (because of course, I use a coupons on it!).
    mickpalace, Shwa Girl and GeorgiaK like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information