User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: I have lung cancer mastesized to the ribs and only months to live.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am not looking or wanting any sympathy. I am hoping this thread will be of use to others and maybe even hit google searches and get anyone, even one person to give up smoking.

I had a sore back since last Nov. 1st and at first it was thought by the doctor and me that it was muscles etc. well last week I am diagnosed with Lung cancer that has spread to my back ribs and its killing me fast. I am told I have not long to live. the doctor said a year is pushing it.

I smoked for 38 years and I guess I should have stopped long ago but I couldn't. I have accepted my fate and am glad that I am having a few months to make my final arrangements. I hope all who read this will drop your cigarettes now because this hits you like a brick. One day you are fine and the next you get the harshest sentence you want to hear.

I am on double doses of morphine now and will be going for some radiation treatments only to ease the pain. My cancer is in operable being where it is. So please all, as I said, I don't want sympathy. I just want anyone who reads this to give up smoking before its too late for you too. I am suffering through so much pain its unbearable without the morphine.

Please, do not smoke and if you are, please quit. My wife and I have an 18 year old daughter still home. I am so sorry that I was so selfish as not to protect them or our other children and grandchildren from this.
    Thats all I can manage to type on here now, the pain is really getting to me even after just typing this and its very hard for me to be even onthe comp anymore. I sure enjoyed being here on smartcanucks. Take care you all. Eric 57 yrs old.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Taking my wife out for dinner Friday night.
    We are going to
    Sam n' Ellas

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Oh Eric I am so sorry to hear this, especially after chatting with you online and hoping that when you were trying to quit smoking, that you would succeed and take it one day at a time...I am not going to lie, I don't even know you personally but having spoken with you and you living nearby, it is making me cry...I am so sad for you, and I feel heartbroken for you and your family.
    I just read this out loud to my husband...he has been trying to quit on and off for a few years, and I am hoping that having read this to him, it will encourage him and give him all the more reason to quit for good.
    I have no words to take your pain away or make you feel better, but I want you to know that I enjoyed chatting with you the few times we chatted on SC, and know that even if one person reads your message and quits, it will have been worth you sharing your personal experience with us.
    Please take care, and hug your family close...I pray you will not be in pain and that you can enjoy what time you do have with your family and friends enjoying the things you love.....
    If you or your wife ever needs anything and I can help, I am a pm away, I am only a 20 minute drive away.
    Just remember, that positive thoughts work wonders on ones mental well being.
    Hugs,
    Sandra

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I have no words to say, but I am so sorry you are going threw this. I am 28 years old and I am a smoker.....I have been for about 10 years. This puts it all in perspective for me as a mother of a 2 year old boy. I am praying for you and your family. Enjoy every moment with your family!! Take care!

Big hugs sent from Medicine Hat, Alberta

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I am new here and I have never spoken with you on here before. I read your story and I think it takes a lot of courage to share a story like that. Thank you. I will say a prayer for you tonight.
    Momof3girlies likes this.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I'm so sorry to hear that Eric. I hope you and your family can remain strong and that your pain isn't bad through your remaining days.

I have had two uncles die of cancer in the last few years, that in theory began in their lungs and metatasized to their livers and bones. Both were heavy smokers throughout their lives. I am 39, gave it up about 10 years ago at my DH's request, a very good decision.

My prayers are with you and your family. I know it's unlikely, but I can still hope that nasty cancer can back down and give you some more time with your loved ones.

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I never spoke with you personally but this was a very touching story. I am very glad you shared it with us. Im praying a miracle will let you stick around with us longer than expected(it happens!) My dad just quit smoking over the past year and I am so unbelievably proud of him. My mom on the other hand, I think I will send her the link to this thread. Its a real eye opener. I wish I could take away your pain so you could enjoy every waking moment with your family happy and comfortable. Big hugs from me.
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Eric, I have no words of wisdom. I went through this with my MIL, and more recently 2 cousins.

I only hope you get the best of care and your pain can be managed.

WIll you still be able to chat with us? Share a few laughs? I miss your sense of humor on SC.

Good luck. Take care, big hugs sent your way and lots of positive vibes.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I have totally missed you being on SC - and I'm so very sad that you are going through this...

I, too, will be hoping (and praying, if you don't mind) that your pain can be eased and you have as much time as possible to spend with your family.

Anna Michele likes this.

Mom, wife & couponer!! MiltonFreecycle's Avatar
    Trading Score
    201 (100%)

I tear as I read your story. I'm very sorry this has happened to you and hope you can spend as much time you can with your family and friends. I will keep you in my thoughts. I lost my father to a short but stong battle with cancer, also in his 57th year. Way too young. Make sure your daughter knows you will be watching over her and her mother, your wife. It helps me, even 10 years later, to know my father is still there with me and I have a feeling it will help her as well. <<hugs and thoughts>>

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Eric, thank you for sharing your story with us, sad as it is and as much as you'll be greatly missed, your wish to help someone else quit smoking before it's too late just wonderful. I'm praying for you as well to have peace and strength during your difficult time and to have wonderful and memorable moments with your family and friends.

blessings to all of you - lots of hugs too!
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I can understand what you are going through as I lost my husband when he was 41 to lung cancer also. Your story will touch the hearts of many and believe me they will quit smoking. I did.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

My thoughts go out to you and your family
    Anna Michele likes this.

Central Ontario...but will ALWAYS be a Northerner
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Strong words for others to read. Thinking of your and your family.
    Earn FREE amazon.ca gift cards through swagbucks

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information