User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: How to announce a pregnancy to friends and loved ones?

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Congrats.
    glowworm2k likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

congratulations
    glowworm2k likes this.

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Congrats! There is nothing more exciting!!!! How far along are you guys now? DH and I had agreed to wait until I was 14 weeks (officially in 2nd trimester) but we ended up telling everyone when I as 8 weeks because we couldn't wait any longer! We didn't tell anyone in a "cute" or "special" way, we just sort of announced it, but now I really wish we did! I always liked when people gave little onesies that say "i love grandma/grandpa" and stuff like that. If you do go that route, Carter's sells really cute ones for $6 each! Let us know how you end up telling everyone!!

Congrats again! Motherhood is amazing! <3
    Lua, Lynn49 and glowworm2k like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Congrat's on the baby !!!

I got pregnant while DH and I were engaged. The first person we told was the minister. After we talked to him and changed our wedding date to a closer one. Then we went to both our parents house and told them, that we bumped up our wedding date from May to Nov. When they asked why, I just said "Well we want to be married before the baby is born" They were happy. ( the funny thing is, that's exactly how i told DH I was pregnant; only he dropped the coffee pot)
    Natalka and glowworm2k like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

With my first I found out in late Nov, so we told everyone at Christmas (potty barn baby's first christmas stockings).

With my second, we also found out in Nov, DH announced it without giving me heads up (I was only 7 weeks). We were having an early Christmas thing, he found a bell on the table and asked my uncle what it was for, etc. About 25 of my nearest and dearest relatives were there. He then started to ring the bell like a mad man, everyone stopped talking and he made his annouced we were expecting another baby to join us in the summer.
    glowworm2k likes this.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oddduck View Post
    With my first I found out in late Nov, so we told everyone at Christmas (potty barn baby's first christmas stockings).

With my second, we also found out in Nov, DH announced it without giving me heads up (I was only 7 weeks). We were having an early Christmas thing, he found a bell on the table and asked my uncle what it was for, etc. About 25 of my nearest and dearest relatives were there. He then started to ring the bell like a mad man, everyone stopped talking and he made his annouced we were expecting another baby to join us in the summer.
    We are thinking about telling my Dad on Father's Day - he had a stroke late last year and I think this might motivate him to continue with his weight loss and attempts to get his blood pressure under control. I'll be 12 weeks by then (8 1/2 now), so although it's not the second trimester, I'll feel more comfortable revealing the news.

LOL, I couldn't imagine if DH announced without clearing it with me.... lucky for me, he's not super spontaneous and has been doing some thinking/planning about how to tell his parents. There may be some unpredicted excitement though as his extended family (all 30+ of them) like to do a big get-together around Canada Day and this will likely be the first time they hear of it. I don't really go in for big celebrations (I'm shy and never grew up with big get-togethers), so I'm hoping there's at least one or two other topics of conversation
    Granger likes this.

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

woohoo congratulations! when is your due date?
    glowworm2k likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

That is great! Congratulations!

When I was pregnant with DS, we told the grandparents @ Christmas. I had just finished the first trimester. We gave my mother, and DH parents' a picture frame with a copy of the ultrasound picture in it. I had written something about grandparent's being the source of wisdom and love in a little one's life at the top of the frame and put the arrival date for DS under the picture. It took awhile for my mom to "get it"!!!

All the other family and friends found out via facebook and well, my mother LOL!

As for other topics of conversation- until DS arrived- I don't think there was another topic to be had - too much fussing and family "advice"! LOL!

Congrats again!!
    Natalka and glowworm2k like this.

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

We were excited to tell everyone with our first child. Of course there were people who were more excited then others, the people who supported us the most were the people that we told when we were pregnant for the second time...it's sad to say that sometimes the most exciting news such as welcoming an addition cannot be embraced with equal excitement from everyone.
    Congrats by the way! Can't wait to see updates!
    glowworm2k likes this.

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by glowworm2k View Post
    I almost forgot: just for fun, here's how I told my DH that it was official (he had already guessed over a week before as my symptoms were early and brutal):
    Congratulations!!!
    My husband knew that I was pregnant a week before I took a pregnancy test. My symptoms were very early too haha.
    glowworm2k likes this.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danielzmom View Post
    woohoo congratulations! when is your due date?
    Not until December. Depending on if you go by the last menstrual period or the early ultrasound, the due date is between December 25th and 29th. I couldn't be happier as Christmas is generally a very difficult time of year for me with family stuff, so I am actually looking forward to the holidays for the first time in over 15 years! With either date, this darned LO better be out by New Years (otherwise s/he will have to wait a whole additional year to start school - aka $15K of daycare if we go that route!)... I feel like crap a lot of the time right now, so any hint of baby being "fashionably late" will probably end with me shovelling snow to get things started!

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by glowworm2k View Post
    Not until December. Depending on if you go by the last menstrual period or the early ultrasound, the due date is between December 25th and 29th. I couldn't be happier as Christmas is generally a very difficult time of year for me with family stuff, so I am actually looking forward to the holidays for the first time in over 15 years! With either date, this darned LO better be out by New Years (otherwise s/he will have to wait a whole additional year to start school - aka $15K of daycare if we go that route!)... I feel like crap a lot of the time right now, so any hint of baby being "fashionably late" will probably end with me shovelling snow to get things started!
    nice timing..happy and healthy 9 months
    my due date is january 12th 2013 so i guess my baby will be the oldest in jk
    glowworm2k likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Congratulations!!!!
    glowworm2k likes this.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Congratulations!!! I LOVE the cake!!!
    glowworm2k likes this.
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Congrats!
    glowworm2k likes this.
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information