User Tag List

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Bill C-78 "emergency" legislation

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    I suspect it will be less geared towards folks who shout Rah Rah or say Good on ya on message boards like this, but will target those who would bring in a busload of thugs to cause grief.
    Dead on.

Thing is, people cry infringing freedom of speech when it comes to bill 78, thinking it's all about them but never think of the rest of the population that do not want to be stuck in the middle of the protests and it does not remove freedom of speech. Authorities wants structure to avoid any trouble. Those protests are NOT spontaneous at all, they have been planned for a long time.

The no protest on school grounds is there for a reason, for those that want to use their right to education can do it peacefully without having protesters blocking the school AND entering the school, disrupting classes.

Again, that brings me back to them crying for freedom of speech... what about the other's freedom and freedom of speech? Protesters don't care about it, they are the only ones that are 100% right and they own the street, city, schools etc... Life is all about them while they call the "other" side individualists, self-centered and egoistical...
    Last edited by Arielmac; Mon, May 28th, 2012 at 10:50 AM.
    erin9mmm likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Andit you are RIGHT on with your thinking. I feel it all boils down to respect and right now (as an outsider) it seems like the protesters have no respect for other people just trying to go about their business - resembles (to me anyways) a child's temper tantrum than anything else. Hard to side with that.
    Last edited by erin9mmm; Mon, May 28th, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
    Natalka, DaveP and Arielmac like this.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I do understand up to a point why they feel the need to protest.. My son is very much involved and i must say, we have been debating about this on and off....what i dont get is yes by all means protest for what you strongly beleive in ...but come on..dragging students out of classes or stopping them from attending is just nuts! If some students are fighting for the rights of free speech and all what freedom stands for, why on earth would some of them take the same rights away from others???

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 01:13 PM.

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Interesting comments coming from people who advocate free speech.
    Well considering I'm getting PM's of threats(not speifically on here, in general), I'm not exactly opening my mouth much more but thanks for the vote in confidence! Harper needs less of it.

Add in that the MOD Sally said no debating, and I would like to keep my account on here. Otherwise I really would give a piece of my mind and my opinion but some people might take it personally *shrug*
    Last edited by kparker1786; Mon, May 28th, 2012 at 03:35 PM.

If it's free it's for me! newwestcouponer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

If they're breaking the law and rioting, then charge them with rioting, destruction of property, etc. Freedom of speech is ESSENTIAL in any free and democratic society. Limiting this freedom as well as peaceful assembly is abhorrent.

Somewhere between Sherbrooke and Montréal
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

It's not like a student that I protest about. Maybe I should say it in French, I'm more comfortable.

Je, en tant que citoyenne payeuse de taxes et d'impôts, contre la tenue du Grand Prix. Le bruit est assourdissant, la pollution est terrible et je considère que pour les investissements économiques que nous faisons pour le garder, nous n'avons pas grand chose en retour!

De plus Georgiak, 80% des étudiants sont contre la hausse. Si tu lis comme il faut la plupart des informations, même si certains Cégeps (le mien en autre) et universités n'étaient pas en grèves, ils ne sont pas nécessairement pas pour la hausse!! Ils ont simplement décidés de finir leur session.

So, yes, we could say that the WHOLE generation is against it, because for Charest, 60% is ALL the Quebec.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kparker1786 View Post
    Well considering I'm getting PM's of threats(not speifically on here, in general), I'm not exactly opening my mouth much more but thanks for the vote in confidence! Harper needs less of it.

Add in that the MOD Sally said no debating, and I would like to keep my account on here. Otherwise I really would give a piece of my mind and my opinion but some people might take it personally *shrug*

see ya.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Somewhere between Sherbrooke and Montréal
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

The more I read the more I get angry about society and it gives a kick to go and bang my pans down the roads.

I'll just stop to answer this thread, and just try to convince every one around me to DON'T VOTE CHAREST. Funny thing, I'm in is ''comté''.
    Last edited by saradouce; Mon, May 28th, 2012 at 04:03 PM.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

It is the anarchists who use public protests, demonstrations, and events to cause problems that are the real problem. They take away from the issues of the protesters and sway the general public opinion to being against large gatherings of any sort.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saradouce View Post
    It's not like a student that I protest about. Maybe I should say it in French, I'm more comfortable.

Je, en tant que citoyenne payeuse de taxes et d'impôts, contre la tenue du Grand Prix. Le bruit est assourdissant, la pollution est terrible et je considère que pour les investissements économiques que nous faisons pour le garder, nous n'avons pas grand chose en retour!

De plus Georgiak, 80% des étudiants sont contre la hausse. Si tu lis comme il faut la plupart des informations, même si certains Cégeps (le mien en autre) et universités n'étaient pas en grèves, ils ne sont pas nécessairement pas pour la hausse!! Ils ont simplement décidés de finir leur session.

So, yes, we could say that the WHOLE generation is against it, because for Charest, 60% is ALL the Quebec.
    Hello Sara,
    of coarse at least 80% of students would be kicking and screaming about the increase.. i think the only reason it wasnt 100% was just because some were sick that day or add their fingers up there nose.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saradouce View Post

90 Millions en retombées économique pour moins d'une semaine c'est pas grand chose? C'est l'évenement le plus important au niveau économique et médiatique au Canada.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

7 June à 5pm: Disrupt the Grand Prix Opening Cocktail!
    Gather at the corner of Notre Dame and des Seigneurs

(two blocks west of Guy) (metro Georges-Vanier, Lionel Groulx or Charlevoix)
    From 4 to 10 June: Autonomous actions. Wherever they are, we'll be there too!
    The nightly protests will disrupt this crass elite at play in western downtown every night. To kick off the week of activities, the Grand Prix is throwing a "glittering" banquet, where a table with a driver costs a mere $25,000! Let's make their "prestigious and festive" soirée our own "Grand Evening".
    Against Mayor Tremblay
    Tremblay has been outraged for weeks, calling for calm to avoid the inevitable ... Let's give him something he can be proud to be outraged about! Defy his anti-mask regulation!

and the list goes on...

http://www.clac-montreal.net/en/grandsoir

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmel View Post
    7 June à 5pm: Disrupt the Grand Prix Opening Cocktail!
    Gather at the corner of Notre Dame and des Seigneurs

(two blocks west of Guy) (metro Georges-Vanier, Lionel Groulx or Charlevoix)
    From 4 to 10 June: Autonomous actions. Wherever they are, we'll be there too!
    The nightly protests will disrupt this crass elite at play in western downtown every night. To kick off the week of activities, the Grand Prix is throwing a "glittering" banquet, where a table with a driver costs a mere $25,000! Let's make their "prestigious and festive" soirée our own "Grand Evening".
    Against Mayor Tremblay
    Tremblay has been outraged for weeks, calling for calm to avoid the inevitable ... Let's give him something he can be proud to be outraged about! Defy his anti-mask regulation!

and the list goes on...

http://www.clac-montreal.net/en/grandsoir

swell

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It's sad when i read stuff like this. The good protesters that are fighting tooth and nails for a cause they beleive in are getting swallowed by all the bad apples. It's only gonna make the public more ticked-off and put them all in the same bag.
    roseofblack25 likes this.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information