Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Maxi & Cie Flyer - May 24 - 30, 2012

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I had to throw everything out except the bread and freezer jam

It had all defrosted. 9 bags
    Second ouch! I had to throw some food this winter when we lost power for 24h, luckily only fridge items, since the standalone freezer was packed! (which probably helped keep everything frozen)

Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    Free Minute Maid juices with the tear pad coupon that I found this week!
    Where did you found the coupon ?? Please !!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Cocottee, it's a new coupon that has come out and is in the frozen juice section. It's save $1 WUB2, so these would be free using 3 coupons
    Patty Smyth, kelly25 and GeorgiaK like this.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rewok View Post
    You're making it from scratch at that price, right? I'm prostrating at your feet , but it's too much work for me... We're not eating much of it anyways, it's just DH & I, and I mostly use yogourt to make tzatziki sauce or to eat with berries for dessert. I'll try to make frozen stuff with it over the week-end thought, I found an inspiring recipe (strained plain yogourt, sugar, vanilla, and I'll throw in crushed raspberries). If it's yummy, I'll stock up!

Don't know if I could just freeze it in it's tub, then thaw when I want to make "frozen yogourt" in my ice cream machine... More googling for me!
    yup from scratch, because we could eat 20L of yogurt in 10 days here on recurrent basis!

For the frozen yogurt, if you didn't stir it once every 60 minutes, you will have a big ice cube of yogurt difficulte to use. By stiring the yogurt tub once every 60 minutes, you will broken the "ice cristal", include some air in the yogurt and will be able to take spoon of it after... But it take a day to do! If you are not working at home (or a stay at home mom like me) this could be hard.

Maybe you could do like couponmummy and froze the yogurt in the small ice cube container for futur use.
    MiaowTheCat likes this.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2010ontest View Post
    yup from scratch, because we could eat 20L of yogurt in 10 days here on recurrent basis!

For the frozen yogurt, if you didn't stir it once every 60 minutes, you will have a big ice cube of yogurt difficulte to use. By stiring the yogurt tub once every 60 minutes, you will broken the "ice cristal", include some air in the yogurt and will be able to take spoon of it after... But it take a day to do! If you are not working at home (or a stay at home mom like me) this could be hard.

Maybe you could do like couponmummy and froze the yogurt in the small ice cube container for futur use.
    You better make it from scratch then! I know it's supposed to be easy, but probably still time consuming. I admire a lot people who do everything from scratch, it's not always possible when you work full time like me.

To make the frozen yogourt, I will use my ice cream machine (sorbetière):

http://www.cuisinart.com/products/ice_cream/ice-21.html

Je fais régulièrement du sorbet, mais je n'ai jamais essayé de faire de la crème glacée ou du yogourt glacé. C'est certain que je ne pourrais pas brasser tout ça chaque heure, mais la machine le fait pour moi!!! (Mais c'est bruyant...)

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

ok, t'en as une machine... ben oui prends-là!

Moi j'en ai pas alors je fais autrement
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The Old El Paso kit are still on sale @ 3$. I received my 1$ on the Smart Fiesta one yesterday with a May 30th expiry (!!!), so I'll use it there. (sending coupons with not even a 2 week expiry is pretty bad, but this sale means I'll be able to use it)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I actually have quite a long list for Maxi this week, a lot of the fruits are a good price too. I am doing a lunch for my sons school Monday soI will be buying my fruit for the dessert there and the free juice for them lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Yeah this coming week seems to be pretty decent (compared to the last weeks) for deals! Even Metro has some stuff!

rewok, I got the same! Received it yesterday with a May 31 expiry! I think save.ca has been very slow in sending out coupons lately, so that might be the reason?

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Someone mention the existence of a coupon for free sour cream WYB 2 Old El Paso kit. This coupon was available it recently or a few weeks ago?
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieP View Post
    Someone mention the existence of a coupon for free sour cream WYB 2 Old El Paso kit. This coupon was available it recently or a few weeks ago?
    It was last Thursday on the CZ board, at the Maxi & Cie on Papineau close to Crémazie.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MiaowTheCat View Post
    Yeah this coming week seems to be pretty decent (compared to the last weeks) for deals! Even Metro has some stuff!

rewok, I got the same! Received it yesterday with a May 31 expiry! I think save.ca has been very slow in sending out coupons lately, so that might be the reason?
    I'm pretty sure I ordered it within the last month of so, but I just used it tonight, so I'm OK. Old El Paso kits are so often on sale that it's not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieP View Post
    It was a CZ coupon, but I'm pretty sure it expired last Friday Sorry

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by meriem View Post
    It was last Thursday on the CZ board, at the Maxi & Cie on Papineau close to Crémazie.

I was at that same Maxi today (May 23). I noticed that coupon still on the board. I didn't take any, and didn't notice the expiry date, but they usually expire on Fridays.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am getting ready to go stock up!!! Have to get back home before it gets too hot and my pizzas melt. Of course I bought 2 nice big freezer bags at Costco yesterday but they are in the car DH took to work not in my dads car that I use during the day

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

went today and stocked up on resolve and minute maid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information