User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Can collection agencies randomly dial people with the same name??

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

collectors can get away with so much.... even though i don't have my certificate....i hear how the certified collectors get on the phone and Boi oh boi... Nasty... reporting them doesn't help. i've seen it!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I had one call my office, didnt ask for a name and asked me for my date of birth uhhh like I am giving a complete stranger that - she didnt tell me who she was looking for just starts to go through dates asking me if its my birthday. I hung up - I would have thought it was just a prank if I didnt see where it was from
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I had one call my office, didnt ask for a name and asked me for my date of birth uhhh like I am giving a complete stranger that - she didnt tell me who she was looking for just starts to go through dates asking me if its my birthday. I hung up - I would have thought it was just a prank if I didnt see where it was from
    That is definitely weird!! I would absolutely refuse as well. They can't tell me who is calling or why, then they have no right to personal information.

That's why I didn't want to give out my name or anything when they were asking who they were talking to...Like it's none of their business really and if they don't come right out and say who they are or why they are calling, I don't feel like I should give them more information then the bare minimum they need to figure out they have the wrong person. No one else like that has called back so I guess they have moved on to other people with the same name LOL!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

i had a very nasty voice mail several months ago from a citi bank.. they were looking for someone with my same first name and my maiden name... i heard the vm and was so stressed though becausei had no idea why something so nasty was left on my machine! not impressed.
    Join SWAGBUCKS! Get free amazon $!!!
    My Blog: http://mypinkthumb.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information