User Tag List

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree356Likes

Thread: Daddy's are Special--Father's Day 2012 Package Train

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    198 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luc_anna View Post
    Dear buudy, Today my son was diagnosed with Aspergers syndrom and ADHD. We are desperatly trying to find the book Aspegers huh? A childs perspective by Rosina G Schnurr. I have been unable to find it online, and the only used book store we have does not have it. If you happen to be in a used book store between now and mail day, could you please see if they have it. We would be ever so greatful.

I will have a look at the bookstores here as well and send it your way if i find it.I can't believe people are asking so much for this book,crazy.
    luc_anna likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    198 (100%)

Getting there with my shopping,just a couple of other items and i will be sending it out.A little behind this time as hubby just had surgery to remove skin cancer and haven't been doing much shopping this week.

The Dr. is pretty certain that he got it all but have to wait for the results of the biopsies to know for sure.Crazy stuff

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jackie721red View Post
    Getting there with my shopping,just a couple of other items and i will be sending it out.A little behind this time as hubby just had surgery to remove skin cancer and haven't been doing much shopping this week.

The Dr. is pretty certain that he got it all but have to wait for the results of the biopsies to know for sure.Crazy stuff
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for good results and a speedy recovery for hubby!
    Jezebel likes this.

Trading Score
    136 (100%)

Just curious what everyone is doing - addressing the package to hubby or to our SC buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by luc_anna View Post
    Dear buudy, Today my son was diagnosed with Aspergers syndrom and ADHD. We are desperatly trying to find the book Aspegers huh? A childs perspective by Rosina G Schnurr. I have been unable to find it online, and the only used book store we have does not have it. If you happen to be in a used book store between now and mail day, could you please see if they have it. We would be ever so greatful.
    I tried looking for the book here with no luck... sorry.
    My nephew has asperger's - he's 20 years old and works as a security guard

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    Okay, so lets see.... 3 items purchased so far. Doing most of my shopping this weekend. Hoping to mail Tuesday. Sorry it won't be Friday Buddy.... Life happened this week.

My poor dog(Max) had to go to the vet. Arthritis Flare Up. Just like people get. Different meds. Vet was confident that quality of life would be normal with working medications. *PHEW* We were very worried. Didn't feel in the "package train mode". But, all is better now!

I hope everyone is having fun with this train... its the surprise that has me doing this:

Will start talking more on the thread too.
    OH! Poor puppy, I hope he's feeling better after his medications start working!

Quote Originally Posted by jackie721red View Post

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the MD got it all!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Deanc View Post
    Just curious what everyone is doing - addressing the package to hubby or to our SC buddy?

I am addressing to my SC buddy...and I hope my buddy will do the same in case I'm not the one who answers the door when it's delivered. I'm hoping to surprise him with the package

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Mine is packed up ready to go!!!
    slambert likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Glenny View Post
    Mine is packed up ready to go!!!
    Mine is not......

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

Question: are you guys wrapping the gifts? Or leaving it so the SCer can have a peek first?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLadybird View Post
    Question: are you guys wrapping the gifts? Or leaving it so the SCer can have a peek first?

I'm not going to wrap mine so that my SC buddy can have a look and decide what she wants to do with everything
    CouponLadybird likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

So I went shopping downtown today! Wow I totally don't miss going downtown! There were soooo many people at the Eatons Centre - it didn't help that it was a PA Day for all the school, raining buckets outside and a Friday!

Wasn't able to find what I was looking for for my SC buddy's hubby - the store in question was out of the particular item - which is really something that I don't think that they should be out of, given the season etc etc (thats all the hints you are getting). Couldn't find the book downtown either - though I didn't get to venture to any second hand bookstores due to the rain!

Tired, I was just about to go home on the subway only to discover the whole downtown loop was closed - due to flooding! seriously?? I was not impressed! Was told it would start running again once it stop raining!! I was completely unimpressed by this point. Ended up sharing a cab uptown with a complete stranger, but it was so worth it!

I did get myself some nice new jeans, a couple tops, a purse, make-up, sunglasses, some bras (for my non-boobs) a dress for DD and 5 shirts for DH, ohhh and two bags of kernels popcorn, yum yum! So, besides the annoyingness of the subway and the busy mall it was a successful shopping trip! My first one sans toddler (my dad kindly watched her) since she was born (she is going to be 2 next Thursday!)!

Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    I am addressing to my SC buddy...and I hope my buddy will do the same in case I'm not the one who answers the door when it's delivered. I'm hoping to surprise him with the package
    I will be addressing it to my SC buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLadybird View Post
    not wrapping mine, my SC buddy can have a peek (and possibly keep one or two of the eatable goodies for herself if she wants )
    slambert likes this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quiet ladies

Trading Score
    136 (100%)

well I am finished! I found it hard... my husband doesn't fish... so I was randomly grabbing things that I thought looked interesting.... lol. So confusing!!

Also the package looks tinier than others that I have done... makes me concerned as to how much I was spending previously....
    slambert likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Deanc View Post
    well I am finished! I found it hard... my husband doesn't fish... so I was randomly grabbing things that I thought looked interesting.... lol. So confusing!!

Also the package looks tinier than others that I have done... makes me concerned as to how much I was spending previously....
    my buddy's list had lots of small stuff on it so I have lots of things to put in the box but I also found it a smaller package than I'm used to sending with the price limit. I never really kept track before of what I was spending.

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

I am just about done, I hope to get out tomorrow and finish....assuming DH can handle the crazy kids for a bit I'm down to the last few extras....all the big items are ready to go

I will be mailing on Wednesday

Trading Score
    323 (100%)

Sorry havent posted much. I will hopefully start my shopping on monday. Was suppose to do it on Thursday, but life happened. My buddys list is super easy, so should only take one shopping trip. Should be able to mail tues, or wed.
    To answer some of the questions. I think I am going to address it the buddys hubby, unless she post that she doesnt want it addressed to him. And I don't plan on wrapping the gifts.
    Have a great weekend everyone

Get in, Sit down, shut up and hold on!

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information