User Tag List

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree356Likes

Thread: Daddy's are Special--Father's Day 2012 Package Train

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YellowTamborine View Post
    At last the visuals from my fantastic package from Momof2Ks!

Attachment 122314

Coleman BBQ Lighter - with a bendy neck to boot!
    listerine - perfect timing on this BTW. We ran out the day before this arrived and he was whining all morning about how we were out. bah!
    Car Wipes - His vehicle is his fourth child after our boys and his cat. I will never understand how guys can get so attached to a machine...then agian i don't drive...
    2 packs of Jello Pudding - I think my 2 year old was more excited about this. He instantly grabbed the chocolate one and ran around the house yelling "Pudding Pudding Pudding Mommy Pudding Daddy PUDDING!...repeat for half an hour...thanks
    shave gel - always good
    Pringles - Pretty sure he's eaten them all
    Cashews and Trail Mix - I won't publish his nut comment...he has the humour of a 12 year old boy so i'm sure you can figure out the gist at least hah
    Pepperoni stick - he ate this as he looked through the other stuff
    Beef Jerkey - he ate this after the pepperoni stick
    Nature Valley Granola Bars - he takes these in his lunch every day
    Armo All Car cleany thing - i have no idea what this was but he grabbed it as soon as he walked in the door and ran back out to his truck so safe to assume it was needed
    Lint Roller - He goes through these things like water...he's a suit guy adn very particular about the every single freaking spec
    Gum - I may or may not have stolen one of these on him
    Wired Magazine - He even knew that it was whats his face from Mythbusters on the cover...although i'm sure he used his actual name. I just thought the cover story was very fitting

So in my husbands words...

"Cool! Thanks Baby" ass slap
    "It wasn't from me. It was from my SC Buddy"
    "Oh OK. Thanks Buddy" ass slap
    "Including the ass slap?"
    "Hey the lady bought me dried meat and a magazine. I'm a happy guy."
    and he runs away with whats left of the jerkey, the chips and the magaizine.
    2 hours later
    "So where the pudding?"
    "In the pantry"
    "You know, I bet that nice Computer Lady - he really has no idea what SC is - would have made me pudding"

He thinks he's funny....

Thanks again!
    haha...great package!

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

So in my husbands words...

"Cool! Thanks Baby" ass slap
    "It wasn't from me. It was from my SC Buddy"
    "Oh OK. Thanks Buddy" ass slap
    "Including the ass slap?"
    "Hey the lady bought me dried meat and a magazine. I'm a happy guy."
    and he runs away with whats left of the jerkey, the chips and the magaizine.
    2 hours later
    "So where the pudding?"
    "In the pantry"
    "You know, I bet that nice Computer Lady - he really has no idea what SC is - would have made me pudding"

He thinks he's funny....

Thanks again!
    LOL! I am so glad he enjoyed it. I had a lot of fun with this package. But for future reference- probably would not have made the pudding- goodness knows I would have picked the wrong flavour or used the wrong bowl or...

Stepping onto soap box: If you dont want to read or listen to my rant- please skip the remainder of this post.

I am really hoping that the package train situation gets worked out soon- I do not know exactly why they have been cancelled but from the changes made for this train and from comments posted previously in the package train thread I am going to go out on a limb and make a few assumptions and run with it.

We (a collective we of package train ridees) need to be appreciative of our mods/train hosts and all the work they do and also to our buddies for what they sent us. The minimum on these trains is usually 6 items. Every one of us has different family dynamics, budgets and finances. While we are aware of the costs associated with the package trains when we join- everyone is different. Some can afford to send the 6 items and others make more elaborate packages. Just with children- we REALLY shouldnt compare and try to out do one another. I am so sad these have been cancelled for the time being!

IF/When they come back we should really remember that it is essentially making a happy mail day for our buddy. The goal is not to out do one another or send the biggest bestest package- it is only intended to give our buddy a happy mail day! I LOVED having a maximum for this train and really hope they keep that in the future guidelines. I put $40 cash in an envelope and used that money to shop for this train- that way I did not go over the budget set.

One of the best packages I received on these trains was only 6 items- HOWEVER those 6 items were specifically picked out with thought given to each item for me and it included a note from my buddy on why she picked those items. Sometimes some thought and time is worth a lot more then goodies that can be bought.

To those that feel the need to compare packages and be disappointed in what you receive (be it in a PM or public post)- please remember that our mods/hosts are doing this for us! Please try to remember that maybe your buddy had a family emergency or car break down or extra bills that may have prevented them from sending more then the minimum. If you really feel the need to complain and not be happy- maybe sit out the next train and use that money to buy yourself some items off your wishlist- you will at least get what you want.

To those that are happy and appreciative for their packages (no matter what they are or how big): THANK YOU!

Now leaving soapbox. Sorry to anyone that may be offended- but this is how I feel and I very rarely censor myself when I feel something needs said.
    Last edited by Momto2Ks; Wed, Jun 13th, 2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Grammar Error

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Well said Momto2Ks I hope the package trains continue
    julesie-pie likes this.

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I had no idea people were saying stuff like that about the packages they were sending, I will just say....Momto2kids said is best!

Quote Originally Posted by Momto2Ks View Post
    LOL! I am so glad he enjoyed it. I had a lot of fun with this package. But for future reference- probably would not have made the pudding- goodness knows I would have picked the wrong flavour or used the wrong bowl or...

Stepping onto soap box: If you dont want to read or listen to my rant- please skip the remainder of this post.

I am really hoping that the package train situation gets worked out soon- I do not know exactly why they have been cancelled but from the changes made for this train and from comments posted previously in the package train thread I am going to go out on a limb and make a few assumptions and run with it.

We (a collective we of package train ridees) need to be appreciative of our mods/train hosts and all the work they do and also to our buddies for what they sent us. The minimum on these trains is usually 6 items. Every one of us has different family dynamics, budgets and finances. While we are aware of the costs associated with the package trains when we join- everyone is different. Some can afford to send the 6 items and others make more elaborate packages. Just with children- we REALLY shouldnt compare and try to out do one another. I am so sad these have been cancelled for the time being!

IF/When they come back we should really remember that it is essentially making a happy mail day for our buddy. The goal is not to out do one another or send the biggest bestest package- it is only intended to give our buddy a happy mail day! I LOVED having a maximum for this train and really hope they keep that in the future guidelines. I put $40 cash in an envelope and used that money to shop for this train- that way I did not go over the budget set.

One of the best packages I received on these trains was only 6 items- HOWEVER those 6 items were specifically picked out with thought given to each item for me and it included a note from my buddy on why she picked those items. Sometimes some thought and time is worth a lot more then goodies that can be bought.

To those that feel the need to compare packages and be disappointed in what you receive (be it in a PM or public post)- please remember that our mods/hosts are doing this for us! Please try to remember that maybe your buddy had a family emergency or car break down or extra bills that may have prevented them from sending more then the minimum. If you really feel the need to complain and not be happy- maybe sit out the next train and use that money to buy yourself some items off your wishlist- you will at least get what you want.

To those that are happy and appreciative for their packages (no matter what they are or how big): THANK YOU!

Now leaving soapbox. Sorry to anyone that may be offended- but this is how I feel and I very rarely censor myself when I feel something needs said.
    slambert likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    I second that!

Also, I hope nobody thinks that the packages I have sent have been too big. On this train I actually spend less than the $40 limit (the movies were used as my buddy said used dvds were ok). I have LOVED every one of the packages that I received and I REALLY hope that the trains continue!
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

sorry for the delay! here is the photo of my package from shawlightning (the tolberone bars and tolberone pieces have been moved to his secret hidding place)! Thanks again! Off to leave feedback (sorry for the delay)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    slambert and pumpkin9211 like this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

Wonderfully said!

I've only done a few pkg trains at this point (4) but LOVE them! It is great to be out looking for items to make someones day, and wonderful to receive a package that makes yours. What makes these trains so amazing to me anyways, it the thought, consideration, kindness of the packages, not the dollar value. It is wonderful to think that someone took time out of their busy life to find a wonderful surprise for you.

I love the new price limit, I too took out the $40 and stuck it in an envelope and picked the gifts up with it...it also made me stretch it that much further, search harder for wonderful deals, and check out a few stores I've never been into.

I'd hate to see these trains end, I hope it is possible to come up with some sort of solution that keeps everyone happy
    Last edited by CouponLadybird; Wed, Jun 13th, 2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: I'm tired and can't spell....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

also well said couponladybird

Nice package julsie-pie and shawlightning

Trading Score
    323 (100%)

What did I miss, NO MORE PACKAGE TRAINS This was only my second one, but I loved it, and I am really going to miss them. I really hope things get resolved and the trains start running again.

Get in, Sit down, shut up and hold on!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

If there is this much controversy over a package train people are taking this site WAY too seriously. I've only done 2 but i think they're fantastic. I really hope they continue. There are a ton of fabulous ladies out there.

Personally i think making rules that will please absolutely everyone is futile. It will never happen. Just look at any of the forums or facebook pages after a freebie is launched. The angry comments and complaints are almost laughable! Moral of the story - People are crazy. Take the entertainment value and run.

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by new2sc View Post
    I had no idea people were saying stuff like that about the packages they were sending, I will just say....Momto2kids said is best!
    Again, I would like to clarify that I DO NOT know exactly what the issues are and what they encompass.

I am just going off the assumptions I have made based on posts in the package train thread and the changes made to this train from previous ones.

I am hoping that things get figured out soon and we can be back having package trains before too long!

I agree with the previous poster (sorry on phone and couldn't find the multi quote button) that said it will be hard to find a set of rules that pleases everyone. Those that don't like the rules will have to decide if they want to participate or not. No one is forcing us into participating

Life is much too short to play the compare and whine game. Join in, send a package, have fun and enjoy the anticipation (agony?) of not knowing when your package will arrive. Enjoy opening it and looking at all the goodies in the box! If you like it- Great! If not- you had a good time making someone else happy!

anyways- Lets go back to having fun looking at all the awesome packages as they come in and leave the drama for now. Hopefully the mods can work through the issues and our beloved packages trains will be back on track before we really start to miss them and go through withdrawal
    julesie-pie and slambert like this.

Trading Score
    303 (100%)

well said!!!! i completely agree

Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    i hope they continue too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by new2sc View Post
    If people are unhappy with what they have gotten, maybe they shouldn't be signing up to ride the package trains anymore

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    I second that!

Also, I hope nobody thinks that the packages I have sent have been too big. On this train I actually spend less than the $40 limit (the movies were used as my buddy said used dvds were ok). I have LOVED every one of the packages that I received and I REALLY hope that the trains continue!
    packages are never too big!!! (LOL) as long as you stay within the guidelines, all should be good!!

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLadybird View Post
    Wonderfully said!

I've only done a few pkg trains at this point (4) but LOVE them! It is great to be out looking for items to make someones day, and wonderful to receive a package that makes yours. What makes these trains so amazing to me anyways, it the thought, consideration, kindness of the packages, not the dollar value. It is wonderful to think that someone took time out of their busy life to find a wonderful surprise for you.

I love the new price limit, I too took out the $40 and stuck it in an envelope and picked the gifts up with it...it also made me stretch it that much further, search harder for wonderful deals, and check out a few stores I've never been into.

I'd hate to see these trains end, I hope it is possible to come up with some sort of solution that keeps everyone happy
    i second that!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luc_anna View Post
    What did I miss, NO MORE PACKAGE TRAINS This was only my second one, but I loved it, and I am really going to miss them. I really hope things get resolved and the trains start running again.
    If there is this much controversy over a package train people are taking this site WAY too seriously. I've only done 2 but i think they're fantastic. I really hope they continue. There are a ton of fabulous ladies out there.

Personally i think making rules that will please absolutely everyone is futile. It will never happen. Just look at any of the forums or facebook pages after a freebie is launched. The angry comments and complaints are almost laughable! Moral of the story - People are crazy. Take the entertainment value and run.
    Rules are there for everyone!!!! that is why they are in place. but there will never be a set of rules that will please each person!! those that don't like them don't have to ride!!

Again, I would like to clarify that I DO NOT know exactly what the issues are and what they encompass.

I am just going off the assumptions I have made based on posts in the package train thread and the changes made to this train from previous ones.

I am hoping that things get figured out soon and we can be back having package trains before too long!

I agree with the previous poster (sorry on phone and couldn't find the multi quote button) that said it will be hard to find a set of rules that pleases everyone. Those that don't like the rules will have to decide if they want to participate or not. No one is forcing us into participating

Life is much too short to play the compare and whine game. Join in, send a package, have fun and enjoy the anticipation (agony?) of not knowing when your package will arrive. Enjoy opening it and looking at all the goodies in the box! If you like it- Great! If not- you had a good time making someone else happy!

anyways- Lets go back to having fun looking at all the awesome packages as they come in and leave the drama for now. Hopefully the mods can work through the issues and our beloved packages trains will be back on track before we really start to miss them and go through withdrawal
    well said yet again!!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

very well said by multiple ppl above me !!!

I am trying my best to alter/change/make some guidelines more clear

I want the Pkge Trains to continue...we were at a point when we were not allowed them anymore ...I fought to get them back I did not give up til I got my own way (toddler at heart)

Which is why I am in charge of keeping track what train is running and how well did they run ,trying to keep track that we have all good riders on the train. I do this on my own time even for the trains I am not riding.....

I like making a pkge I know will make someone else happy. Sometimes I am out and I see something and I buy it thinking" hmm I hope xxx joins the train next time" I enjoy it and want them to continue.

I will try to get this fixed as soon as possible ......hopping off my coupon box.......
    Last edited by Jezebel; Thu, Jun 14th, 2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: my W's have issues LOL
    luc_anna, julesie-pie and slambert like this.

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

This is sad. Correction, this is very sad.

I’m sorry some people had hurt feelings. But I think I need to say this (it has already been touched by other posters):

We should not under ANY circumstances be “comparing packages”. We all have different financial situations. If someone can send 6 items....FANTASTIC! If someone can send 60 items..... FANTASTIC!

I do not think it is fair to assume that someone has spent tons of money on a package because it was on the bigger side. With sales, clearance, coupons, etc stuff can be next to free.

Some of us have “gift bins”. Some of us have “gift rooms”. Some of us could probably send a package from our stockpiles and bins alone.

I have received “smaller packages” and “bigger packages” and was equally thrilled with them. And now to think I will receive zero packages..... It makes my heart sad.

I really hope these continue. Shopping for my buddies was great joy to me. Finding that *PERFECT* item was so much fun. Receiving my packages always made me smile.

If I could offer a suggestion: Maybe (IF they are allowed back) there could be a new way to set up a wishlist. Example: Ten Items found at the Dollar Store OR Ten Items for Under aBuck.
    Last edited by pumpkin9211; Thu, Jun 14th, 2012 at 02:00 AM.
    julesie-pie and Deanc like this.

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

And now... .for more happier things!!! My hubby's package from Slambert was nothing short of amazing! Here is what my hubby received:

4 pack Excel Gum
    Beef Jerky
    Franks Red Hot Sauce
    2 of the smallest and cutest Tabasco Sauce we have seen.
    Nerds
    Yeast (ps. My hubby said “maybe she should do the grocery shopping... she remember yeast” LOL)
    Runts
    Super Mario Gummies
    Degree
    Gummy Bears
    Sour Keys
    Socks
    4 package of Dip Mix **He is VERY excited to try these
    Favorite Recipe
    Razor
    MIO Water Enhancer (“YOU ROCK”)
    Axe Body Wash
    Shaving Lotion
    Wine Gums
    And a VERY comfy pair of pajama pants.
    ***The pajama pants are not in this picture. I tried to take a picture of him wearing them to post and well, let’s just say.... I didn’t think a “crotch shot” was appropriate. LOL! **

Thank you so very much Slambert. He loved everything.

Name:  HPIM1506.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  32.1 KB
    Jezebel, julesie-pie and slambert like this.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information