• 1 Post By Abby5
  • 2 Post By DH666
  • 1 Post By Patty Smyth
  • 1 Post By jessep13
  • 2 Post By alicia

Thread: Looking For: vegetarian recipes for the meat lover

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well,... my fiancé just threw me for a loop - he wants to go vegetarian for now and then possibly eventually vegan. It's all for the health benefits and I completely agree with him, the trouble is... we kinda love our meat right now.

I know there used to be a thread by DH666 with a lot of info on diabetes and his road to a vegan and medicine free life-style, but I can't find it for the life of me, so I'm starting this.

Have you gone vegetarian? Was it a gradual process or did you stop cold-turkey? What sort of things did you do to keep your protein levels up? Lots of legumes/beans?

I'd love recipe suggestions that are pretty "normal" for lack of a better word. He's a pretty standard vegetable kind of guy, not a huge fan of squash, etc, but he's fairly traditional in his tastes hence the "normal" food. I can vegetarian-ize many of my recipes, but I'd love something that had a little more body/substance to them. Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Patty started a vegan recipe thread...hope that helps
    Last edited by Abby5; Wed, Aug 29th, 2012 at 01:30 PM.
    alicia likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

You would be surprised how you can change over to vegetarian especially once you realize how good you feel not eating meat and dairy. There's lots out there besides meat. He is doing a good thing.
    alicia likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

you can try adding tofu to your meals. if you freeze it, once you defrost it, it crumbles and takes on the consistency of ground beef, it also has absolutly no flavour so it takes on the flavour of whatever you cook it with.
    alicia likes this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

First attempt at almost veggie cooking was a success. Made a pot of quinoa chili (with a teensy bit of meat in it). Tasted delicious and went over well.
    harbie and jessep13 like this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Thread Information