User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Honest Ed's Limited Sale

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

so, honest ed had .25 cents sale on sunglasses
    i get to the cash register and this older asian cashier tells me there is a limit on the sunglasses
    i wanted to buy 12 and she made me only choose 6
    i said can't i do two seperate transactions and she vehemently refused

they just lost another potential sale of 12 glasses but instead only sold me 6
    how can they do business like this?
    i can easily go back tomorrow and buy more, but isn't customer satisfaction key?
    i think the cashier was just being a bitter witch...... imho.
    This thread is currently associated with: Honest Eds

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

Um they put limits so that everyone can benefit from the sale. Otherwise people just buy them all. Wouldn't you also complain if you got there and saw none left? Also what does the cashiers race have to do with anything?
    FT: TONS of $1 Unilever Icecream,including BREYERS! EXP: AUG 31ST!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mroweer... cat fight!

I know it sucks they limited you the amount you could purchase, they fit that in the fine print on their flyer.
    Last edited by Snow Queen; Wed, May 23rd, 2012 at 10:59 PM.
    krysta lynne likes this.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Yeah customer satisfaction is important, and goes the other way to because if everyone bought 12,15,20 pairs they would all be gone and some people wouldn't get any(and if you were one that couldn't buy you would be oh WTF they're all gone already). Funny seems like people have never heard of a store putting a limit on a sale, like this is brand new thing stores just started today. Like when no frills has a big $$ sale and they put a limit usually of about 4 on the more popular items. I once saw a guy at no frills during a $$ sale and literally his entire cart top to bottom was filled with crispers chips or something, he then caused a huge stink when he got to the cashier about it, even after the cashier pulled out the flyer to show him it said limit 4..He had cleared out like 10 cases of the stuff and the store had only been open 5 mins..lol.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Thu, May 24th, 2012 at 03:07 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When you buy a pair of cheap sunglasses, you can even make your eyes worse because they usually provide inferior and inadequate protection from UV rays. For example, if your sunglasses offer poor UV protection, you increase your exposure to UV rays. The cheap sunglasses block some of the light, causing your iris to open to allow more light in. This lets in more of the UV light as well, increasing the damage UV light can cause to the retina.

I have found that cheap sunglasses have left my eyes feeling tired and achy, because they also usually provide inferior and distorted optics to boot.

I would toss those 6 pairs if I were you, and be thankful that cashier prevented you from wasting even more money.
    matrix82, glowworm2k, aemi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Just my opinion, but a customer limit of 6 pairs seems pretty generous to me - I mean, most people only have, at most, a handful of pairs of sunglasses (or just one if you need 'scrip ones like me!), right? So, 6 pairs seems like more than enough to me. Often for the doorcrasher items at sales you're limited to "reasonable family quantities" and I think 6 pairs falls within that. Again, just my opinion.

I fondly remember being a kid and my Mom taking my sister and me to the Honest Ed's sales in the summer when we were on the way to Grandma's... it was always such a treat because it was one of the rare times when I'd ask for something, and because the prices were so great, Mom would say "Yes" more often than not!
    matrix82, cabmonk, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i'm going back today......... to get six more sunglasses

and the reason why i'm stalking up is because it keeps breaking on me ( see my other thread)

that said.... im hoping to buy a hard- case for glasses.
    i_love_to_save likes this.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

good for you and get as many as you can....at least you are not one of those that says "i call store so they order me 30 or 70 so i can donate" ..... i can see my inbox filling up

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    i'm going back today......... to get six more sunglasses

and the reason why i'm stalking up is because it keeps breaking on me ( see my other thread)

that said.... im hoping to buy a hard- case for glasses.
    Why not buy a good quality sunglasses that would last longer without breaking.That would be cheaper in the long run.Years and years ago my Mum used to get her hair permed she would go to two places a place that cost $30 a perm and place that cost $50 a perm.$30 perm only lasted a month and $50 perm lasted for 5 months.One day she said $50 is too much for a perm.I said $50 divided by 5 months is $10 a month versus $30 a month.She got the $50 perm that lasted.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

so, i went back today and all the sunglasses were picked over, probably by me last night LOL
    only managed to buy one that i like at the cost of .28 cents
    there was the same evil store clerk staring at me, when i was rummaging through the glasses!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbella View Post
    Um they put limits so that everyone can benefit from the sale. Otherwise people just buy them all. Wouldn't you also complain if you got there and saw none left? Also what does the cashiers race have to do with anything?
    Ditto this. I know sometimes there are great deals, but store limit policies are usually reasonable (and I think 6 was), and put in place to protect the interests of all customers to allow everyone to have the chance to take advantage of the lowered price.

And I know this issue was brought up in another thread just a few days ago (or is ongoing), but honestly, what does the cashier being Asian have anything to do with the rant at hand? I know political correctness is something that a lot of people have a problem with these days, but it's not as if her being Asian was a reason for why she refused to allow you to buy 12. If she was Asian and perhaps there was a language barrier between you two, then maybe it would add to the rant. As it stands, it doesn't.
    matrix82, cabmonk, GoJays and 3 others like this.

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Yeah customer satisfaction is important, and goes the other way to because if everyone bought 12,15,20 pairs they would all be gone and some people wouldn't get any(and if you were one that couldn't buy you would be oh WTF they're all gone already). Funny seems like people have never heard of a store putting a limit on a sale, like this is brand new thing stores just started today. Like when no frills has a big $$ sale and they put a limit usually of about 4 on the more popular items. I once saw a guy at no frills during a $$ sale and literally his entire cart top to bottom was filled with crispers chips or something, he then caused a huge stink when he got to the cashier about it, even after the cashier pulled out the flyer to show him it said limit 4..He had cleared out like 10 cases of the stuff and the store had only been open 5 mins..lol.
    I once saw a man with his cart full of pop at a NF sale - I was going into the store and he was coming out with his cart full. When I had finished all my shopping and was in line to pay, I was surprised to see the same man lined up behind me, his cart once again full of the soda. The cashier received a phone call from an employee at the front and when she hung up, she turned to him and said "sorry sir, you've already purchased above the limit and we can't allow you to purchase that many more." He left the cart there and walked out.

It certainly makes you realize how stores get cleaned out so quick when limits are not enforced.

It's easy to feel wronged when we're interested in buying mass quantities of something that is on sale because it is such a great deal. But when the shoe is on the other foot and someone else cleared the shelves and we aren't able to get even a few of the item we wanted, it becomes easier to appreciate the necessity of limits.
    matrix82, cabmonk, GoJays and 1 others like this.

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Just curious, do these sunglasses have UVA/UVB protection et al... 25c is a great price, but I'd be worried (like kava5 said) that they wouldn't protect ones eyes enough

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimz View Post
    I once saw a man with his cart full of pop at a NF sale - I was going into the store and he was coming out with his cart full. When I had finished all my shopping and was in line to pay, I was surprised to see the same man lined up behind me, his cart once again full of the soda. The cashier received a phone call from an employee at the front and when she hung up, she turned to him and said "sorry sir, you've already purchased above the limit and we can't allow you to purchase that many more." He left the cart there and walked out.

It certainly makes you realize how stores get cleaned out so quick when limits are not enforced.

It's easy to feel wronged when we're interested in buying mass quantities of something that is on sale because it is such a great deal. But when the shoe is on the other foot and someone else cleared the shelves and we aren't able to get even a few of the item we wanted, it becomes easier to appreciate the necessity of limits.
    I saw this guy at no frills one day also buy cases and cases of pop, only to go out to the parking lot and hit a bump with the cart. The cart tipped over and cans started busting open and spraying pop everywhere, I just stood there trying not to look at him but inside I was laughing..
    GoJays and Aimz like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Why cheap sunglasses can make your eyes worse:
    http://science.howstuffworks.com/inn.../sunglass1.htm
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information