User Tag List

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Ok, I don't want to get my mail lady in trouble, but I just found out that she gave her whole stacks of Langley Advance today- when the redplum is out, to some woman in the neighborhood because she asked her!!
    I understand that it doesn't make any difference for the mail lady how many papers she's going to drop off tonight, and where, but for this lady to ask for the WHOLE bunch of the newspaper because it has the flyer in it.. it just seems to me so IMPUDENT!
    I just told the mail lady that I'm waiting for some flyers and I didn't get them, and just wanted to find out which newspapers exactly are they comming with, and she was like.. Oh.. but I already gave redplum to a lady down the street!! That she's been doing this for a while!!!
    I was shocked and I couldn't react, kept repeating :"Really?! REally?!" But that's not right!.. all that she could say was that she's going to keep some for me next time. That doesn't make me feel any better.. I was just thinking how many more people are waiting for their flyers, while someone was abusing their friendship with the paper lady and who knows.. maybe she's even out here trading her coupons away... I'm just so stressed out today, I wanted to brag about my first LD trip,which was kinda the only good thing that happened to me today, and this just crushed me down again I am in dilemma.. should I report this to the distribution center??
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Red Plum
    Learn to use Swagbucks - easy - HERE
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    178 (100%)

I also live in Langley and if I found out this was happening to me I would for sure be calling the paper and let them sort out with the delivery person. I would also ask that they have the newspaper delivered to be right away with the inserts (or at least the insert you are looking for).

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I would report it. I can't believe she actually admitted that to you! I do not think it is fair for someone to take out all the coupon inserts and distribute them as they wish. It is not her property, nor does she have any right to decide who they do and do not go to.

I also live in Langley and have recently noticed that the coupon inserts in my papers have not been there. I live in a townhouse where the papers are all put by the mail box, not delivered to the door. Last weekend there was no P&G and this weekend there was no Redplum. I'm not sure if it's the person who delivers them or someone coming and taking all the coupons. Needless to say I am not a happer camper!
    I'm going to talk to the person who delivers them and or talk to the paper directly to investigate.

Good luck!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Yeah.. I live in a townhouse too, and I was thinking that maybe those flyers target only single family houses neighborhoods.. until last night's discovery..
    Yes, I guess I'll be phoning the company on Monday morning..
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

For sure you need to report this! That's just terrible. It's different obviously if someone gets extras in the recycle bin or something, but to not have them delivered is AWFUL.

I LUV FREE Stuff
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I will be very upset too, but whenever you need some, you can PM me. I usually got so many copies of them (not from the lady....lol)....I usually go to the mailbox office on my complex on Monday morning after drop my kids to school and just before the recycle truck come as the manager has put out all the recycle stuff including all of those newspapers, flyers, insert and junks. Fair enough since all of them will be trashed but I can use some of them for good cause. I do stacked the coupons at LD and hopefully I can send some of them later on to charity but I can spare some for others who need it (I don't guarantee all the time sometimes I don't get luck) when all the flyers are taken even before Sunday, sometimes I don't get any set of them....;(

I LUV FREE Stuff
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

On Monday morning before the recycle truck coming I usually do one last check if any coupon left for people who didn't pick up the flyers but this monday morning, there are lots of complete flyers but no coupon/smart sourse in it....apparantly somebody has clean them out too even before recycling day....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

if anyone would like some extras of the red plum coupons let me know. im staying at my moms appartment in surrey and they recycle the flyers after 3 days so i was able to pick up the ones not taken. i have about 25ish of each coupon and there is no way im going to use them.....

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I just talked to Langley advance delivery dpt, customer service.
    She said she need to know if anyone else doesn't receive their coupon flyers, so she can check on that with each personal delivery guy/gal.
    SHe was really nice and she'll get back with info (hopefully).
    What she said was that, to get all the flyers to one person, this delivery guy has to go through each Friday paper to remove them since they come with the paper, and are not packed additionally like other flyers!
    Oh.. I'm so pissed.. I just didn't have the guts to call before.. but I need some justice and some coupons darn it!!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Well.. nothing in the Advance.. AGAIN.. I'll be phoning the paper come Monday AGAIN..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I dumbfounded! I'd keep in touch with the newspaper circulation department and point out to them, if I had to, that advertisers are paying to have the insert delivered and it is not being delivered. I don't get more than the one paper/insert that I'm entitled to. I'd love to get more but I certainly wouldn't take them at the expense of other people. Recycling bins are fair game and so is getting a few leftovers if the paperboy/girl has extra after the route is complete...but you're gettin' ripped off!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

yeah.. I need to keep them on their toes.. Friday's coming.. another smartsource maybe.. maybe not for me..

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

when was the smart sorce suposted to come out? thursday someone took the paper out of my door! i heard it go in to the mail slot (they usualy have it half way in) and then i came down stairs and hour later and no paper!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I dumbfounded! I'd keep in touch with the newspaper circulation department and point out to them, if I had to, that advertisers are paying to have the insert delivered and it is not being delivered. I don't get more than the one paper/insert that I'm entitled to. I'd love to get more but I certainly wouldn't take them at the expense of other people. Recycling bins are fair game and so is getting a few leftovers if the paperboy/girl has extra after the route is complete...but you're gettin' ripped off!
    I agree. Aswell as the advertisers paying for everyone to see their add the paper delivery person is getting paid to deliver the paper to every house on his/her route, not to drop them off at one persons house. I am lucky to get my delivery guys extas at the end of the day.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Did you get this problem resolved? We were having problems with our carrier a couple years ago in our complex so a few of us complained and they let the paperperson go.

Thread Information