User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: I have to go for a 3rd back surgery

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

^^ Then again, hanging in there with more lumbar support would likely be the wise course of action!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

aww thanks everyone for your kind words and great pics of Shemar! Also the cute hamster pic too. yes glowworm I suppose more lumbar support would be a good idea for me huh? lol thanks that is such a cute picture! the painkillers kicked in quite well so I was able to go outside for about 5 minutes this afternoon for the first time since Monday. the only other time I have been outside was on my way in and out of the emergency room on Tuesday. So I have been getting rather restless. the daffodils are blooming so nice right now and the birds are singing nice. it kind of makes me sad and happy- sad because I am missing out on it and happy because I got to spend some time enjoying it today. I think today I am going through a bit of a down day about the things I am missing out on. oh well-it will eventually be over at some point right? it's another obstacle in life to conquer and I will do it. I couldn't do it though without support so I appreciate your support so very much!
    madchives and Natalka like this.
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Dealsniffer! I'm so sorry to hear about your continuing back problems. I have had several bouts of back injury/pain and no one can understand how debilitating it is unless they've been through it. And I didn't have to have any surgery! I'm glad they are keeping you relatively comfortable until you can have your surgery.
    At one point, I had to lie on my back for 5 months while I healed and I knitted a sweater - fighting gravity all the time, but it had the world map on it and my brother still has it.
    I actually found that I enjoyed the season better because, I HAD to slow down! And I had to take small and then longer and longer walks. One lady who lived near me challenged me one day - she thought I was an insurance co. SPY - checking up on her because she was off her job because of a back problem and I kept walking by her house each day and waving to her! LOL!
    I will send you all the positive vibes I can! Best wishes!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Thu, May 24th, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
    madchives, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Knitted a sweater with a world map on it, huh? Yep...THAT'LL keep you busy for 5 months!!
    I can't even imagine it! Can you get a photo of it on here....I'm sure that's asking a lot, but the
    work that went into that!!! It would be worth taking a peek at!!

Deals...is there a craft that you're involved in? I know you enjoy the outdoors so much, but I hope
    that something brings you comfort and satisfaction in-doors too...(Ladies, get your minds out of
    the gutter, thankew...
    madchives likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Holy crap with all those pics. of Shemar I forgot what th heck this thread is about!!!! Gotta snap out of it!!!

Sniff I wish you well and hopefully this setback will be temporary. Maybe it will even be a better outcome than the last 2 surgeries. Techniques are always improving. hugs

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

oh yes Lynn my mind is on indoor activities with a certain Shemar. lol too bad he doesn't know me. oh I would totally not mind indoor activities with him! I know-I will just lay here and daydream about him. lol not. that would be a waste of time actually.
    Wow I would love to see a pic of that sweater! that is litterally amazing that you could do that! I have trouble doing stuff while on my back. with the first surgery I couldn't hold up a book because I was too weak for a few months. it was so hard. the second surgery they cut through my back muscles again but somehow it wasn't as difficult but still was very weak. Now I have a kindle so I will be able to read lots. still wishing for Shemar to come and keep me company. lol or any nice guy would do actually. or anyone at all would do. it can be pretty lonely. so don't be surprised if I end up on here constantly or something again for awhile. SC is actually what helped me keep my sanity after the second surgery because there was always someone to chat with it seemed. I made lots of friends on here.

that is so funny about the woman thinking you were a spy. lol
    Patty yes this thread is getting over run by Shemar huh? lol I do hope that this one will fix stuff and I will be able to get it right this time and the scar tissue can heal differently and all of that. I have been wondering if this surgery could be a blessing in disguise. I hope so. I just wish I cuold have picked the time for it to happen. like over the winter when there isn't nice weather I can miss. although now I have a reason to lay outside and do nothing all day huh? lol take my kindle and relax. I hope the rain goes away then.
    I hope I didn't miss anyone in terms of replying to comments. If I did-feel free to remind me. You know I love having a lap top this time around too. I can be on SC without having to take breaks to lay down! lol I bought the laptop mostly with money I got with doing surveys.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good luck with your surgery. Could I ask what was the original problem with your back?

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Deals, I'm so sorry to read of yet more pain for you to suffer. I will pray for you. Pain is something I know very well, and it seems that just when things are starting to work in our favour, something happens. I'm shocked that the rod broke. I always thought they were made from titanium, but guess not. I wish you all the best and just know your family will be there to help you through your surgery. Please let us know how things go, and remember, we will all be pulling for you and swending prayers and positive thoughts your way.
    madchives and Natalka like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

the original problem with my back was kyphosis that I was born with in the sense that there was nothing I could have done to keep it from curving forward. I always tried to stand straight to keep it from curving further but it just kept getting worse as I grew up. it got so bad that I had to stop working. if I didn't get the surgery then there would have been other problems that I would have been permanently in a wheel chair.
    The rods are apparently titanium but I guess they can break too? I think there was a lot of strain and pressure on the rod that it finally broke. the second surgery was because screws came loose on the bottom of the right rod because there was so much pressure on the rod to keep my back straight while it fused. I am surprised it broke but I have heard recently that it does happen sometimes. just my luck I guess to get one that does break? lol
    madchives likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes, Deals. Insist that the surgeon NOT use his coupons for the Walmart-brand of titanium rod this time!
    The nerve!!!
    madchives and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Lynn! I will let him know. LOL I got called that I have my surgery scheduled for next Thursday! now I just have to get some forms filled out before hand by my family doctor and I am good to go.
    madchives likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh darn crap deals, haven't seen you in forever and now such awful news.
    you are the only other person i know besides my aunt who has had a rod in her back.
    her's had to be replaced because it wasn't the right size - huh?
    and i remember her saying how cold she got with her back towards an outside wall,
    in the winter, thinking it was a steel rod.

well we have the olympics to look forward to, eh
    and just because i couldn't resist finding this for you

first comment:'Sweet Christ, I would sell myself to Satan for that to happen to me.'

hoping like everyone that this surgery will be the one,,,

enjoy what you can outside, (try directing), and how's felix?
    ssbean likes this.
    if you have some spare time

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Hey Deals Miss seeing you Sorry to see on here with the situation your going through : ( You will be in my thoughts and prayers...just think how happy Felix will be with all the cuddles he will get with you being laid up ; )
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Madchives and KK7 thanks. oh plus the shemar video was enjoyable too. lol yes Felix is already enjoying the extra cuddles and he is being a good cat and keeping me company.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I just thought I would mention that I keep a blog and I will try to keep updating it as well so if you want to check it out at all it's www.heatherv11.wordpress.com
    Natalka likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information