User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: No Frills refused a CZ coupon!!!

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Expired
    No Frills has Resolve on sale for $2.29. I have the $2.00 CZ coupon which expires June 13. When the cashier scanned it, it didn't work. The manager refused to override it and give me the discount. First she said that it was not possible to do so then she questioned where I got the coupon. She told me that if I got it from Loblaws then they don't have to accept it. I told her its from NF (it was from another location in the same city) and she told me that unless I picked it up from their coupon board on that day, they don't have to accept it. I argued with her for a bit and she told me the coupon was no longer valid--even though the expiry date was in June! I went to another location and the manager let me use it with no problem.

Has anyone else experieced this?
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, No Frills

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by robin1234s View Post
    No Frills has Resolve on sale for $2.29. I have the $2.00 CZ coupon which expires June 13. When the cashier scanned it, it didn't work. The manager refused to override it and give me the discount. First she said that it was not possible to do so then she questioned where I got the coupon. She told me that if I got it from Loblaws then they don't have to accept it. I told her its from NF (it was from another location in the same city) and she told me that unless I picked it up from their coupon board on that day, they don't have to accept it. I argued with her for a bit and she told me the coupon was no longer valid--even though the expiry date was in June! I went to another location and the manager let me use it with no problem.

Has anyone else experieced this?
    That is B.S. call the owner as most NF are privately owned.... i would go back and demand to speak to the store manager and let him read the back of the coupon where it says the stores you can use... ignorant manager!!!

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I just dislike it so much when they make things up instead of following the store policies.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have had so many problems with using coupon zones that now I only use them if i can get an amazing deal. Sometines its just not worth the hassle.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Same thing happened to me at RCSS, they had the resolve on sale for $1.97 and with the $2 couponzone coupons should have been free, but the coupon rang up at only $0.03 off, i asked the manager, and said the company recalled the coupons and they are no longer valid. She did issue me the difference back, but said I couldn't use anymore, as the computer system has been changed and the coupon is no longer valid, company was losing too much money. And my couponzone coupon as well was the one expiring either June 13 or 15th, can't remember the exact date

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Mine claimed it was a misprint.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used a bunch of these yesterday with no problems. If they were recalled, not all of the stores are aware of it.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Maybe thats why theyr disappeared a few days after they came out?!

I used one last week my grandma sent me and had no issues.

You'd think the idiots would know the price of their items when they go on sale and thus make the coupon less value if their problem is people getting things for free.
    Aimz and Judyhill like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

No Frills is becoming a Not Friendly store.
    Hmmm, can you say "Freshco" or "Food Basics"

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This at least the third time in 12 months that they have offered a CZ $2 Resolve coupon.
    It has always, coincided with some version of a sale, (or two or three) of Resolve during the coupon period.
    That sale plus the coupon results in free, or close to free product.
    Plus the manufacturer redeems the store the sale price- so the stores get paid in full!

Misprint my _ _ _ ( fill in which body part)!!
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

This is exactly what went thru my head when I saw the Resolve CZ coupons AGAIN on the shelf right underneath the Resolve (a few weeks, maybe a month ago). I thought they were nuts to put the coupon out again when last time they had the sale, they pulled all the coupons off the shelves/coupon boards.

"This at least the third time in 12 months that they have offered a CZ $2 Resolve coupon.
    It has always, coincided with some version of a sale."

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It's even worse here: Maxi pulled the coupon from the board when the 2$ sale started, it is now the second week of the sale, and they have been out of stock since last Monday. Want to be they won't restock before Wednesday evening, and them it will magically appear on Thursday morning? Even "regular" shoppers (i.e. people without coupons) are complaining about lack of stock. Why bother having the same product on sale 2 weeks in a row if you're not even bothering to restock?

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greencanuck View Post
    Misprint my _ _ _ ( fill in which body part)!!
    That's sorta what I was thinking: no way is this a misprint!

There are often CZ coupons that mirror manufacturer's coupons out at the same time. If the CZ is for the same value on the same product, it sounds reasonable to me.

It also makes me wonder what is this stuff that they're giving away free so often and still making a profit. I'll have to check the ingredients later.... I'd laugh if it was water with a bit of baking soda or something similar.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Ok, I have a question. On the coupon boards, I see some listed as "Coupon Zone" and some as "Manufacturer Coupon". Can you stack these manufacturer coupons with other manufacturer coupons at Loblaws brand stores?
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

This is how I looked when reading this??? (not my actually pic) LOL. I would have called the owner about that? Or if the owner doesn't help you, I would go to another location. But they should have taken the coupon.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Mon, May 28th, 2012 at 01:56 PM.
    SavenRaven and mrsfreeman like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information