• 1 Post By alicia
  • 4 Post By GeorgiaK
  • 2 Post By anisa
  • 1 Post By greencanuck
  • 4 Post By sweetnlow30

Thread: I think I am the "crazy coupon lady" at my store now

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I was at Fresh Co the other day and I was using a reasonable amount of coupons, maybe 15 ish and it was basically one per type of food, no multiple buys. I also did a bit of price matching. Most of the cashiers know me since this has been my main grocery location for years (used to be Price Chopper). This cashier was very polite and extremely thorough when checking over the coupons. She looked a little worn out after everything was done. I laughed and said " I bet this is the most coupons you have had to deal with today" She said, "this is the most coupons I have EVER had to do" She has worked there for quite awhile now and the store is always busy. I have a feeling that I am the crazy coupon lady now because I don't think they deal with a lot of coupons there. I hope they don't start dreading me in their line I am always super organized and friendly so I hope that helps.
    This thread is currently associated with: FreshCo, Price Chopper
    aussie, ssbean and Shwa Girl like this.
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

LOL

I was called that in a grocery store by a customer who was quite sarcastict. He was standing in line behind me. He caused a bit of a stir and people stood and watched. I had quite a few coupons and everything I bought was on sale.
    After I was done I waited at the till and watched his sale complete and then holding my receipt I stated
    "I saved over 55% on my bill! What did you save?" And the other customers watching had a chuckle.
    One of those customers even approached me to ask how I can help her family get started.

To me a crazy coupon lady is the lady that steals all the pads and gors throught all the recycling bins and news papers in lobbys. NOT someone that saves money atbthe grocery store.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I find that title a compliment. Keep on couponing and saving!!
    anisa, ssbean and sweetnlow30 like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Welcome to the club.

The lady behind me today was quite impressed with my sales/coupon matchup she kept looking at the screen and the total lowering. It wasn't even a huge trip (10 items which were $46 retail full price for $12 after sales and coupons)
    sweetnlow30 likes this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

The cashiers at my local Walmart and pharmacies know me when I walk in; they know I am there because I have coupons that will make their sale items free for me. My sisters call me the Extreme Couponer. I don't mind it because I help them scope out the great deals and get them so much free stuff. With kids and families, we all need to save as much as we can. There is no shame to what we do.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i know for a fact that there are fellow SC'ers who shop at my RCSS. i am not the only coupon lady there

i would take the title as a compliment... it means you're doing it right
    aussie and sweetnlow30 like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The store staff all know me and love that I am co-operative and organized in my price-matching and couponing.
    I view these buying interactions as a co-operative effort to save me money.
    I want everyone to have a good time.

Half the time, customers or staff ask me for tips.
    I rarely get any hassles.
    Last edited by greencanuck; Sun, May 27th, 2012 at 08:42 PM.
    sweetnlow30 likes this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

Thanks I am getting better at not caring what others think too. I used to feel nervous to approach the cash with a lot of coupons but not so much anymore. Just today I was at WM getting some free French's mustard, cheap Kraft dressing and some other price matching. I had three different people pack up their things and leave. It was slow because the cashier was a young guy who was fairly new. I actually had to walk him through entering the coupons LOL. This one lady made a big scene and started throwing her stuff into her cart. It didn't phase me one bit. I actually kind of felt embarrassed for HER because she was acting like a spoiled child I saved a lot of money today and I was proud!
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Thread Information