User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Lets Get The Selling Of Coupons STOPPED!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Expired
    I just emailed a letter to the makers of Minute Maid telling them about their coupons being sold on Ebay and that becaause of this, the rest of us are not able to use the tearpad coupons that were put in the stores for us to use. I told them that no matter which way you looked at it, the people on Ebay were selling coupons and that I thought that was illegal. I asked them to please stop ebay from letting these people sell the coupons. If we all start sending emails to the companies that are having their coupons sold on Ebay, maybe they will do something about it. I wrote this letter to the company because I was finally fed up with not being able to find any coupons. I am hoping the rest of you will do the same. Lets get this practice of selling coupons STOPPED!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Ebay

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'm not for selling coupons on eBay.

However, if people continue to push companies to stop eBay from selling their coupons, then won't these same companies request sites like SC to stop trading coupons as well. Coupons on this site are traded for gift certificates (which is a form of legal tender). It's a slippery slope.

Again, I'm not liking the selling of coupons on eBay, but trading for legal tender happens on SC too.
    Last edited by K8's Fate; Mon, May 28th, 2012 at 12:17 AM. Reason: typo
    Lori, BCSparkyGirl, Aimz and 4 others like this.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are already two rants going on this topic - one with a petition to stop the sale of coupons on eBay, and one discussing empty tearpads.

Like K8's Fate mentioned, it is a slippery slope. Honestly, I don't think the selling of coupons on eBay is that much different from the trading of coupons on sites like SC. The one main difference seems to be that money is directly and obviously exchanged on eBay - a buyer is paying for coupons. That seems to be what has so many riled up.

Yes, it is more than likely that people are taking more coupons from tearpads in the hopes of making a buck selling them. However, I have often asked myself how so many people who are trading have so many coupons available for trade. Sure, I know the response will be that they traded for those coupons or they made multiple trips. But the fact remains that people take coupons from tearpads based on need. For one person, the need may be two coupons, both of which they will personally use. But need can also include the need to trade, which results in more coupons being taken. Need can also include the need to sell - combined, all of the above means less coupons available for everyone else.

A lot of people are unable to access coupons that they want, particularly those that are in demand, such as the Minute Maid coupons. eBay selling may be a factor, but that's not the sole reason that tearpads are being found empty. Shows like Extreme Couponing have made couponing a sport, in which many more are partaking, having seen the results that can follow.

I just don't see emails, letters, and petitions ending well for couponing in general.
    Last edited by Aimz; Mon, May 28th, 2012 at 12:26 AM.

[*A I M Z*]

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I already emailed Coca Cola since they own Minute Maid.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I'm not for selling coupons on eBay either, but my concern is that if companies have to deal with people constantly emailing them with complaints over this and other couponining issues, it will become more of a hassle than it's worth for companies to even issue them. As K'8s Fate indicated, participants on this site and others exchange coupons for legal tender, too....
    Last edited by DianneS; Mon, May 28th, 2012 at 12:42 AM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

how is selling 10 coupons on ebay any different from someone trading 10 coupons on SC? each person has taken extra coupons with the intent to get something in return. Only difference I see is one person pays to list their coupons and one doesn't.

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Slippery slope indeed!

Not only do we trade coupons on this site, we also hold auctions for coupons.

I think everyone is becoming so “irate” over eBay that they are not thinking of long term couponing. Manufacturers DO NOT have to put out coupons. Enough emails, letters, complaints, etc will result in fewer coupons for all of us. Not just the “eBay sellers”.

As Aimz has already stated, there are two additional rants about this topic. I believe the rants are not helping the situation. Look at the number of posts such as “you can sell coupons on eBay?” All this eBay talk has exposed it to a much larger audience.

Like all “fads” this couponing craze will fade away too. It just needs time. Once people understand it isn’t like the show and you can’t get $1500 in groceries for free every week, they will stop.

Happy couponing folks!
    elayjosh, scbpooh, sarajk and 11 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wise words.

Couponing is a privilege, not a right. People are ranting about not being able to find tearpads, or people selling coupons on eBay for enough money to pretty much just cover postage and nothing more.

You are not entitled to every coupon that is out there because someone may get to it first and that's just life. The economy is bad, and people need money. How is it unreasonable to believe that more people are couponing and the number of coupons is lower to begin with, therefore, they are hard to find. Supply and demand? I know people who have been looking for jobs for 5 years. They need coupons too. We all do, but to act like you should get every single tearpad out there is too much. SC helps us get the coupons we can't find. Why go out of your way to spoil a good thing? If SC dries up, it'll just turn to Kijiji or Facebook, or whatever, where people don't have trade ratings.

EDIT: No, I don't have an Ebay account.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    Slippery slope indeed!

Not only do we trade coupons on this site, we also hold auctions for coupons.

I think everyone is becoming so “irate” over eBay that they are not thinking of long term couponing. Manufacturers DO NOT have to put out coupons. Enough emails, letters, complaints, etc will result in fewer coupons for all of us. Not just the “eBay sellers”.

As Aimz has already stated, there are two additional rants about this topic. I believe the rants are not helping the situation. Look at the number of posts such as “you can sell coupons on eBay?” All this eBay talk has exposed it to a much larger audience.

Like all “fads” this couponing craze will fade away too. It just needs time. Once people understand it isn’t like the show and you can’t get $1500 in groceries for free every week, they will stop.

Happy couponing folks!
    Last edited by torontogal12; Mon, May 28th, 2012 at 08:40 AM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

some posters have mentioned that they emailed companies about this before and ''shock'' they stopped distributing coupons.
    yes it sucks, yes it's not fair, but really what can companies really do to ebay???

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Just said this on another one of these multiple complaining threads too. Ebay is one of thr biggest companies in the world and can't monitor every listing. But coca cola who makeinute maid, can stop putting out coupons if it doesn't want them on ebay. Emails like that do much more harm than good
    Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    some posters have mentioned that they emailed companies about this before and ''shock'' they stopped distributing coupons.
    yes it sucks, yes it's not fair, but really what can companies really do to ebay???

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I don't like people selling on ebay but I am 100% positive that if manufacturers are emailed about this, they will stop issuing coupons period.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    422 (99%)

I started selling on ebay when the nexxus coupons came out and were gone the first day. If you can't beat em, join em is what I say. I sell the coupons i get in recycle walks and make up bundles just for that reason, no i don't get the tearpads either but crying about it isn't going to help. I made about $12 last month and put it right back into coupons i need and am looking for. I don't see anything different from cash or gift cards like we do on smartcanucks. And i agree with lots of the other posters if we all start whining about not getting coupons the companies will just stop issuing them.
    Looking for $1 off Pampers or Huggies wipes

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

People whine about people selling on Ebay, but have no problem trading for gift cards, or HV coupons, or having multiples to trade. Basically a pot calling a kettle black. There is no difference.
    gone shopping!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (80%)

i will honestly say that YES i have bought from ebay coupons after i have gone to store and have missed the coupons if u consider gas and the time it takes to find them its ok i wont pay crazy prices for it the more u complain to companies the less coupons there will be and the bigger the demand will become
    elayjosh and cdylan like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (80%)

i will honestly say that YES i have bought from ebay coupons after i have gone to store and have missed the coupons if u consider gas and the time it takes to find them its ok i wont pay crazy prices for it the more u complain to companies the less coupons there will be and the bigger the demand will become

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information