User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Okay, so this is how it goes...
    I bought an ipod touch 6 months ago or so and opt in for the 2 year warranty. The only reason why I opt in for the warranty was because the sales lady said that I could bring in my headphones for replacement if they broke. My earphones usually break at the 3 month mark so I thought that it would be a pretty good deal since future shop "will be" replacing the earphones with the original apple ones.

So fast forward 6 months, and surprisingly my earphones finally broke so I took them to future shop for a replacement one. The whole process was really quick, no questions asked. However, the earphones they gave me were wrapped in the plastic wrapper like the one you find in the box with the ipod, not the actual black cardboard box if you were to purchase them separate.

When I got home and unwrapped the plastic, the earphones did NOT look like legit apple earphones. The grey part of the earphones are plastic hard, I'm pretty sure the real ones aren't because mine started to peel a little. It also came with two white headphone covers which I have never seen real ones have either.

What should I do? Go back to future shop and tell them that they gave me fake earphones?
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Future Shop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I never use the Apple earphones...they are beyond horrible for both comfort and sound quality. That said, you bought the extra warranty, so Futureshop should have given you replacement earphones that were exactly like the ones that came with the iPod. Was there no way to tell at the store that they weren't the same? Take these back and hope that you get a sympathetic customer service person...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    I never use the Apple earphones...they are beyond horrible for both comfort and sound quality. That said, you bought the extra warranty, so Futureshop should have given you replacement earphones that were exactly like the ones that came with the iPod. Was there no way to tell at the store that they weren't the same? Take these back and hope that you get a sympathetic customer service person...
    I guess were some fault on my behalf since I got it looked at it thinking it was the real ones and popped them into my bag without thoroughly checking... But it did look real from the outside since the actual earbuds were wrapped inside the cord. I'm worried that if I take it back in the future they won't replace them because they don't look legit enough....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will use the headphones for my iPod..The headphones are available in a range of prices marketed by Apple itself. Sometimes headphones compatible with iPods are available under the banner of other electronic goods company.It is always advisable to buy iPod headphones from Apple only.

Thread Information