User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Iran has enough uranium for 5 bombs: expert

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    i don't know about taliban/alqaeda actively fighting in pakistan. it's not like there is a civil war or something. the gov't is trying to keep taliban types from spreading too much in a specific region that borders afghanistan i think. they haven't penetrated into the military. the military is very selective and exclusive and what matters is who you know.

they have enough trouble with the countryy's diverse cultures hating each other, they aren't interested in nuking anyone.

anybody willing to bomb anyone is frightening. the ones who are s. bombers are pawns used by ppl who have their own political agendas, in my opinion.

most of the country is not conservative. might look like it to outsiders, but they really aren't. their kids are more spoiled than most that i see here.

i have never seen or heard anything about iran that has ever made me think of them as a real threat. yes, their neighbors, near and far, keep saying things about them but what are the real reasons?

sorry for being so brief, because i could go on and on ;p
    If there isnt Taliban and Al-Qaeda inflitration of the military and government how could Bin laden have lived in a massive compund next to a military base for years? And yes, in northern Pakistan the Taliban and Al-Qaeda are very active and routinely engage the pakistani miltary.I think the sane ones in Pakistan will prevail (being the majority) but sometimes the crazies do take over, even when they are not the majority - because regular folk just want to live their lives. It happened in Afghanistan in the 80s after the USSR left and it could happen in Pakistan now. The same people who took Afghanistan would really like to take Pakistan now.

As for Iran being a threat, when their President calls for the complete destruction of Israel (a nation with possibly 200 nukes), and they're trying to get nukes themselves, well that's a threat to everyone in the region. It's probably just empty talk, but can you imagine if Canada was trying to develop nukes and was saying we'd like to wipe the US off the map? I'm pretty sure the US would express their displeasure fairly quickly.

Surrender pronto or we'll level Toronto.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Let's not forget the US was playing a phony war against the USSR in Afghanistan in the 1980's..supplying the groups that became the Taliban with weapons and some tactical support..

North Korea has the ability , or not(LMAO) to put warheads into space....

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Let's not forget the US was playing a phony war against the USSR in Afghanistan in the 1980's..supplying the groups that became the Taliban with weapons and some tactical support..

North Korea has the ability , or not(LMAO) to put warheads into space....
    I don't think North korea even has nukes. Their underground tests were seismically measured remotely to be about 4 kilotons. Hiroshimo was 15 kilotons, Nagasaki 20 kilotons. Those were the first ancient weapons. Modern nukes have yeild ranges in the megatons, or at least 250+ times the yeild of the Korean 'nukes'. I think they just piled a bunch of conventional explosives in a mine, set off their firecracker, and pretended to have a nuke for international prestige/influence.

And no, they can't put anything in space.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Let's not forget the US was playing a phony war against the USSR in Afghanistan in the 1980's..supplying the groups that became the Taliban with weapons and some tactical support
    Proxy war, not phony. And yes, I know.
    Last edited by DaveP; Tue, May 29th, 2012 at 11:43 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

good morning

sorry if i came off a little weird last nite.

my hubby was a High Court lawyer in pakistan before he came to Canada, one of his brothers is a very well respected supreme court lawyer, another brother is an army psychologist, his dad is a well respected retired judge who had a hard-ass reputation lol. hubby's grandfather was an even more well known and respected judge. they are a family that is pretty no nonsense, doesn't care to be involved in the common corruption there.

when you hear stories and info from ppl who live there, and really understand how things work, you see that wheat we see in the media here is often just the tip of the iceberg.

no one from that region is worried about iran and nukes. they aren't concerned about an al qaeda/taliban takeover. it won't happen.

we sit here in north america and see odd pictures of their women fluttering around in long robes with faces covered, men who look mean, and very small remote villages. you go there and it is so incredibly different.

i guess what i mean is that when the media, or world leaders tell us we should fear a nation or a people just because they are different, there are usually far more hidden agendas of those same nations that might be jut as fearsome.
    Last edited by anisa; Wed, May 30th, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

my inlaws are in no way, shape or form pro-taliban, but hubby has brought up the point a few times that when the taliban were controlling things, poppy crops ceased to exist. (poppies = opiates)

the americans stepped in and the poppy cops came back.

the taliban were supporting other means of living to the former poppy farmers. these poppy farmers know that opiates are bad, but they are poor. they do it to provide.

the taliban sound nutty, i would not survive in that environment lol. but when you hear stories like that it makes you wonder what the foreign agendas are for those regions.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information