User Tag List

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree687Likes

Thread: Luka Magnotta Dismemberment Case

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

If the students wanted to see it they more than likely have computers at home to look it up themselves in their free time.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's been confirmed the body parts delivered to schools in Vancouver belong to Jun Lin. http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/vancou...ong-to-jun-lin
    Natalka likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    If the students wanted to see it they more than likely have computers at home to look it up themselves in their free time.
    I know I have enough safe-guards to stop that kinda thing being shown here on the children's pcs...we are very heavy on that kind of thing.
    Should one or more of them have hacked into my lap-top that would be a different matter. And resulted in removal of internet priviledges for all of them.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I know I have enough safe-guards to stop that kinda thing being shown here on the children's pcs...we are very heavy on that kind of thing.
    Should one or more of them have hacked into my lap-top that would be a different matter. And resulted in removal of internet priviledges for all of them.
    We never had computer rules or restrictions as teens at my house, so it would have been easy to look for that kind of stuff if we really wanted to. The computer was in the living room because of lack of space, but it would have been easy to look up once my parents were in bed or went out.
    Plus I'm pretty sure the majority of kids and teens have computers in their rooms now that aren't monitored, or have friends that do, so if they were really that curious they would have been able to figure out some way to find the video on their own.

If he were my teacher I would have walked out of that class and reported him before he even got to show the beginning of it to his students.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Some students in the school where this video was shown are currently circulating a petition to get their teacher back to school.
    http://www.messagerlasalle.com/Actua...=2012-06-14-12

(Google Chrome can translate the whole page for you.)

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/a...suspended?bn=1

like i said the students were aching to see the vid, i would be too if i was in that classroom.... the MAJORITY of students wanted to watch it.
    Majority can mean 1 vote MORE than the ones that did not want to see that awful and sickeningly cruel posting. He gave no thought to the family of the victim, or the effects seeing that might have on these young minds that think they can " handle " anything. Teacher was wrong in this case. ( jmho )
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Jun 14th, 2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: typo

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

e-Bay pulls Berlin cafe chair sale

The chair accused killer Luka Magnotta sat in before he was busted at an Internet cafe in Germany last week was put up for auction on eBay.

The Berlin cafe owner reportedly placed the ad and said the chair is an "unbeatable conversation piece."

It garnered 36 bids, the highest at 1,111 euros ($1,430) on the weekend before the site shut it down Sunday.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Majority can mean 1 vote MORE than the ones that did not want to see that awful and sickeningly cruel posting. He gave no thought to the family of the victim, or the effects seeing that might have on these young minds that think they can " handle " anything. Teacher was wrong in this case. ( jmho )
    the vote was 22 to 3 in favour. Those who voted against remained in the class anyway, and viewed it. The teacher did no wrong.... the snuff vid was no more graphic than violent video games or any slasher flick.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

the vote was 22 to 3 in favour. Those who voted against remained in the class anyway, and viewed it. The teacher did no wrong.... the snuff vid was no more graphic than violent video games or any slasher flick.
    Sorry, but that's crap. A teacher has a duty to act 'in loco parentis' (in the place of a parent), judging whether content is suitable to the child's age, mental and physical being - in short, a duty of care.
    In this case, the teacher should not have shown the video - which IS obviously more graphic than your examples.

Central Ontario...but will ALWAYS be a Northerner
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

The difference is this was A REAL PERSON....not fake, not make-up, no special effects. A living breathing person, someone's son and friend, who had his life taken away by a maniac.
    Last edited by Psychojo213; Thu, Jun 14th, 2012 at 06:11 PM.
    Earn FREE amazon.ca gift cards through swagbucks

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

the vote was 22 to 3 in favour.
    If the class voted 22 to 3 in favor of watching a o, you'd say that was okay too?

A classroom is not a democracy. You must have gone to a very strange school if you think it is or that it should be.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychojo213 View Post
    The difference is this was A REAL PERSON....not fake, not make-up, no special effects. A living breathing person, someone's son and friend, who had his life taken away by a maniac.
    exactly..

Even though the press is trying to find out anything dubious about his past to make him unsympathic and a natural victim, his vicious death is to his family, friends, classmates is traumatic enough without it being a freakshow available on-line.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were. Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee…
    John Donne

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    If the class voted 22 to 3 in favor of watching a o, you'd say that was okay too?

A classroom is not a democracy. You must have gone to a very strange school if you think it is or that it should be.
    They are Grade 10 students..I could see a teacher allowing them to watch something more mature than "Cars"..though Penguinette 1(gr 8) has been telling me about a documentry about the Lord's Resistance Army that her culture class had watched, which upset a lot of her fellow students.

However, that was part of the block they were studying. Not an end-of-term free-for-all video fest

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think there should be a serious inquiry as to whether that teacher has the ability to act in the best interest of the students. How is watching that video of any educational value whatsoever to Grade 10 kids? The only thing that experience taught them was that you can have what you want as long as you're influential enough. I can't believe there are teachers like that who are *supposed* to be acting in the best interest of the students.

At the very least, the teacher should be undergoing some sensitivity training and needs to grow up a bit before he should be allowed to influence young minds. If I was a parent of one of those children, I'd be furious! The school would certainly be hearing from me!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 01:21 PM.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information