User Tag List

Page 155 of 197 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2948
Like Tree7538Likes

Thread: Doesn't It Just Grind Your Gears When.....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Influx of trolls on the internet lately (noticed at home and at work). Go away because you distract people from legit conversations
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also shower at night especially if I have been working outside or went for a run. I can't go to bed like that, and I also have to shower in the morning because we all perspire when we sleep and to just wake up and slap on makeup and moisturize on top of that is just nasty IMHO. Most people are lazy to wake up early and carry out their hygiene, and that is why they do it at night.

No doubt kids watch what their parents do, and will mimic it it. Teenagers will rather not shower anyway if they could get away with it. If you have to wake at 6am, go to bed early and wake up early period. My ex was a night shower person and I couldn't stand it...not my problem anymore. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    then you'd hate our household.. i'm a night shower person(though i do shower EVERY night).. i'd rather feel clean and fresh when i climb into bed then feel the grease and grime and sweat from the day while trying to sleep... my hubby is the same way he showers when he gets home from work because he doesn't want to feel the dust and sweat from the workday on him while trying to wind down i also find an evening shower a relaxing thing to help wind down the day.. i'd also prefer for my hair to dry naturally whenever possible vrs attacking it with a blow dryer on a daily basis causing it to frizz like mad

heck my kid is becoming an evening shower person too
    macw1960 likes this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

When your so tired and have no energy to do anything, but, you force yourself anyways because you know things have to get done. So need a Red Bull.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    I also shower at night especially if I have been working outside or went for a run. I can't go to bed like that, and I also have to shower in the morning because we all perspire when we sleep and to just wake up and slap on makeup and moisturize on top of that is just nasty IMHO. Most people are lazy to wake up early and carry out their hygiene, and that is why they do it at night.

No doubt kids watch what their parents do, and will mimic it it. Teenagers will rather not shower anyway if they could get away with it. If you have to wake at 6am, go to bed early and wake up early period. My ex was a night shower person and I couldn't stand it...not my problem anymore. LOL

i guess i don't sweat as much in my sleep as you do.. it is not a issue of being "lazy" it's more of a fact that when i wake up i still feel clean.. i slept in a clean bed, in a cool room, in fresh clean PJs after a shower, i wake up feeling clean so no need to have two showers a day in my mind, it also isn't good for your skin to shower too often it strips away the natural oils of the skin and throws off the balance... i'm more ick about people who wear the same pair of PJs 3-4 days in a row (or god forbid the same underwear)...it would probably ick you out knowing i don't wash my hair every day and every once and awhile i purposely go 3-4 days without washing it to re-balance the natural oils and scalp

there are people who live on well water who have to wildly limit their use of water usage (or they have to pay separately for water, and in the summers water restrictions are in place) what works in 1 household does not work in all households..i have a friend who gets up at 430 in the morning to go to work(she has to be at work by 6am)... are you saying she should get up at 330 in the morning just to have a shower before going to work?? it's not always easy to "just go to bed earlier" sometimes life prevents that...
    i can assure you i don't have a stinky teenager... my daughter is only 7 and for me getting a good solid night sleep is more important then bathing her before school
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well said midnighlty, and I disagree with teenagers not showering, after raising 4 kids I would say the opposite, they were always showering. I found them obsessed with having clean hair and smelling fresh!! They all played soccer though year round so that accounted for a lot of it!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

it is strange to me how some members who seem to profess to be so wise and worldly can make blanket statements about certain groups based on very little data?
    Oh never mind, where is my ignore button!??

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

...... there is an accident on the other side of the highway but your side has to stop and gawk..... move along people!
    macw1960, lecale, Koolaid and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    ...... there is an accident on the other side of the highway but your side has to stop and gawk..... move along people!
    agreed! you don't stop..slow down yes, proceed with caution yes, keep your ears open for emergency vehicles coming if they have not arrived yet...unless your help is needed and you have the skills to do so you don't stop it's just not safe you don't need to cause another accident because your looking at an accident
    macw1960, walkonby and habs rule like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    agreed! you don't stop..slow down yes, proceed with caution yes, keep your ears open for emergency vehicles coming if they have not arrived yet...unless your help is needed and you have the skills to do so you don't stop it's just not safe you don't need to cause another accident because your looking at an accident
    Ugg...I want to concentrate on my own driving and not worry too much about rubber-necking idiots who...just.....have ......to.....sloooooowwww dooooooooooooooooooooooownnnnn and gawp.
    macw1960, walkonby and habs rule like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Influx of trolls on the internet lately (noticed at home and at work). Go away because you distract people from legit conversations

Some of my usual hangouts have been inundated with MRAs and PUAs not to mention all the US election trolls...and this is on a board which covers neither..

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Well said midnighlty, and I disagree with teenagers not showering, after raising 4 kids I would say the opposite, they were always showering. I found them obsessed with having clean hair and smelling fresh!! They all played soccer though year round so that accounted for a lot of it!!
    The brood of 3 and twice daily showers plus Mr P and me...some days I was lucky to get 5 mins of hot water..

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I need a specific vaccine. Doctor said pharmacies have to order it because it's rare so they don't carry it in stock.

I called three pharmacies to make sure they could order it for me. All said yes. When I actually went to those pharmacies, they all told me NO. They didn't even bother checking. And they were so rude about it when I asked them to. One pharmacist actually rolled her eyes at me and told me that me, my husband who already got his vaccine from his doctor and of course my doctor who wrote the prescription, have no clue what we're talking about. Because she claims you can only buy it from the public health department.

I'm sure Toronto public health must stock thousands of doses of typhoid vaccine, considering all the typhoid in Canada. Now I have to drive 2 hours to go to DH's doctor in the boonies because they actually know what to do.

Makes me wonder about how pharmacists are trained
    Last edited by torontogal12; Wed, Sep 23rd, 2015 at 11:55 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Some of my usual hangouts have been inundated with MRAs and PUAs not to mention all the US election trolls...and this is on a board which covers neither..
    There is a huge number of election posts from people who create an account, post once, then abandon it. Also a lot of "You posted this, you must have a hidden agenda" types
    macw1960 and habs rule like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Looks like the Sun newspapers are removing the comment sections to cut down on trolls.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/09/23/note-to-readers

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    macw1960 and habs rule like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Fri, Oct 30th, 2015 at 01:32 PM.
    GoJays, macw1960 and torontogal12 like this.

Page 155 of 197 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 ... LastLast

Thread Information