User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Rude people = wasted money and ruined ice cream surprise

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The day started off well. Some background: my husband got a horrible head injury last week. I found him unconscious and bleeding on the floor and I couldn't get through to 911, and the neighbours couldn't be bothered to open the door to the screaming lady begging them to call. It was terrifying but we made it to the hospital and he is much better now. In fact, I was pretty happy because he got his stitches out today and the doctor said there is no infection, and he is healing very well.

So I headed of to Little Italy to get him a surprise. Some gourmet gelato. Seriously expensive stuff, but since he is better and is taking care of himself more, I wanted to give him a treat. The trip should only take about 20 mins.

So I get to the ice cream place and they make up a big tub of it (1L for $16!). On my way out I am waiting for the bus. The bus drives right past me, and doesn't even bother to stop!!! The people waiting for the bus in the other direction yelled out how they couldn't believe the driver just did that. The bus was in service, and empty! So since Toronto transit has cut buses, I had to wait 20 minutes for the next one. It's 30 degrees outside and i have ice cream! The streetcar finally comes and I decide to cut my losses and take that. 20 minutes more to get to the subway.

Then when I am on the subway, they have a "delay." I sat in a tunnell for half an hour. Just got home. The $16 ice cream is all melted. Sure i can try to refreeze it, but it was 3 flavours in 1 container, and now all of them mixed together in a gross pool. I.e. fig and hazelnut= icky. I wanted to surprise hubby. Now when he gets home, what am I going to say? Here's a pool of mixed liquid for you.

All of this is on top of the rude family who I tried to RAOK coupons to at No Frills and instead gave me dirty looks and butt in front of me in line, making me wait 20 minutes in line while they purchased their $200 worth of stuff, (I only had $5!) before I even got to the ice cream place. And I can't forget the cyclist who ran a red light and clipped me as I was crossing the street, and all the rude dudes who were cat calling me

I hate rude people so much
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills, Stitches, Subway
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, May 29th, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

Oh my gosh, poor you I rely on public transportation too so I feel your pain. I don`t understand rude and ignorant people. Life must really suck for them so they need to make others feel bad. It makes me so mad
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Public transit!!! HATE!!!
    Geleto love....what a huge waste!!!

It is all awful

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm so sorry for you we do have too many RUDE AND IGNORANT PEOPLE in TORONTO. TTC DRIVERS are the WORST we only have a handful of nice TTC DRIVES.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

i hate the catcalls too!
    its like yes its flipping hot out, so yes im going to be wearing shorts and tank top, but no that does not give u the right to stare at me, honk your horn, whistle or cat call
    i honestly dont understand some mens mentality.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Yeah...I'm not too young and a bit overwieght..thanks for shouting it out losers...

Has any-one noticed the worst cat-callers are not prime stud material????

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    It was terrifying but we made it to the hospital and he is much better now. In fact, I was pretty happy because he got his stitches out today and the doctor said there is no infection, and he is healing very well.
    I'm so pleased for you that your beloved is getting better...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

As soon as the weather gets above 10C, and I am shopping more than 5 minutes from home, I travel with a pair of doubled fabric cooler bags and several frozen freezer packs when I buy items that should be refrigerated or frozen.
    The hotter the day, longer the trip, or more frozen goods, the more freezer packs go in those bags on my bicycle.
    Last edited by greencanuck; Tue, May 29th, 2012 at 09:47 PM.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

The best cat callers are the ones who just got off the boat and strolling along the streets of San Francisco. They are even wearing their white sailor suits and hats.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The worst part was that I had specifically bought some of the Minute Maid juices at No Frills before walking into the ice cream store, specifically so they would act like insulation for the ice cream! Didn't work

Quote Originally Posted by greencanuck View Post
    As soon as the weather gets above 10C, and I am shopping more than 5 minutes from home, I travel with a pair of doubled fabric cooler bags and several frozen freezer packs when I buy items that should be refrigerated or frozen.
    The hotter the day, longer the trip, or more frozen goods, the more freezer packs go in those bags on my bicycle.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Also, so sorry to everyone who has PMed me this weekend, I haven't been able to respond!

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

The worst part was that I had specifically bought some of the Minute Maid juices at No Frills before walking into the ice cream store, specifically so they would act like insulation for the ice cream! Didn't work
    i am sorry that happened to you...tomorrow will be a different day. I am glad your husband is feeling better and i am pretty sure he appreciated the effort for ya!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You should buy Coleman Chillers ice substitute.They are sold at Shoppers Drug Mart smaller size is $0.99 and bigger size is $1.99.I bought them last year they still freeze and melt and refreeze over and over again.They are selling them again in Shoppers Drug Mart in the seasonal section.They really work at keeping things cold.
    Last edited by Poirot; Wed, May 30th, 2012 at 02:59 AM.
    matrix82, SFARAZ and torontogal12 like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you are trying to travel in a lightweight manner, (ie cycling or walking) you can use the soft plastic bag version of those freezer paks.
    They are commonly associated with first aid/injuries.
    You can get them for less than a dollar at most dollar stores.

For cold, if you can utilize larger cooler packs, they keep cold longer due to thermal mass.

The hard plastic freezer paks are sturdier and heavier, but keep cold longer.

Wrapping the frozen items in bubble wrap helps to insulate from the outside temperatures.

You want the smallest possible cooler bags that will hold the cold items.
    It works even better if the cooler bags can be layered ( ie one inside another).
    Layering with air between is better insulation.

That space in the cooler bag should be filled up ( add other objects (shopping bags, items that do not need cooling, etc) if needed, so there is no air space.)
    Mass of objects (especially cold objects) helps keep the cold better than air space.

I have been a car-free cyclist for about 15 years, and have successfully brought refrigerated or frozen items into extremely hot temperatures for hours.
    Last edited by greencanuck; Wed, May 30th, 2012 at 10:44 AM.
    GoddessDigi and torontogal12 like this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

That sucks! First off, I am happy to hear your DH is doing better! Second, yes the ice cream is well a watery mess, but I am sure your DH will appreciate the gesture it is the thought that counts
    torontogal12 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information