User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: what kind of man leaves a woman and two little girls with nothing?

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Unbelievable that there are people in the world like this. Hoping all the good advice posted helps you through this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. But you've gotten over the hard part- kicking his butt to the curb and standing up for yourself and your girls- this will be difficult but you've shown you have the strength to overcome it. Allow your family and friends to help you when they offer/you need it (I've learned the only person you hurt with pride is yourself).

Hang in there and remember you are being the BEST mom for your girls. Irregardless of what your ex does. *hugs*

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
    You are an amazing woman and a fantastic mom. Your little girls know that - so don't ever doubt that.
    I wish I was closer so I could give you a giant hug and so I could help babysit.
    Wannawin likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I am sorry you and your girls are going through this. I went through something similar. Mine told me that if I kicked him out he would see to it that me and my kids would be homeless. Didn't happen but it was a tough go.

Get some help. Food bank, calls to the utility, and then go and talk to legal aid and get the paperwork filled out for support. It takes time to get that done but atleast it will come faster if you can get started. Sometimes you can get an emergency hearing and get some help as well.

He isn't a man. Real men don't act like that.

SC is a great community help each other so I am glad you are here. E-HUGS to you and your girls.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Sorry you are going through this but we are all here for support whenever you need it. Please take advantage of all help offered to you and get on any assistance available. Even if you feel too proud to accept the help, just do it, you can always give back when your situation changes. Like others have said, call your utilities and landlord ASAP. Unfortunately you probably won't see a penny from him, so work on a new budget without it and if you get it fantastic. Big hugs, and hug your girls, they will give you the strength on days when you feel you have none.
    carlyincanada and Chimmi like this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My ex left when my daughter was three. He has never paid a penny of child support, I never went to court for it because he kept quitting jobs and bumming around the country so it would be a waste of my money for legal fees. My divorce papers only allowed him supervised visitation. He saw her sporadically for a couple of hours once or twice a year when she visited his mother, her grandmother. Twenty years later and he still has the same despicable attitude when my daughter tries to contact him. I strongly believe that some people, both men and women, are missing something deep inside and are not capable of being parents. You do not want someone like that in your home, affecting your children. In the long run, they will grow up healthier and stronger without him.

Everyone has given you wonderful advice. Get help when you need it, there is no shame in asking. Also, you need someone with strong shoulders who you can vent to and talk over everything with. You may want to start a journal too. Please do not hold it inside, it will hurt both you and your children. You will grow into a strong and successful woman who takes pride in all that you have accomplished.

I wish you all the best.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope that you are able to find support through community groups and continue to be the strong woman you are. Sending you positive thoughts. You have support here on SC for ranting etc. Take care/
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am sorry that you are going through this.

A saying that has stuck with me throughout life is "The best revenge is living well."

After initially taking what help that you must, you can slowly take steps towards self-sufficiency you will not ever be in this kind of dependent position again.
    anisa, Natalka, Insane and 4 others like this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

{{{HUGS}}} I'm so sorry that you have been put in this position. Just like everyone else has already stated, there is help out there for you, all you have to do is ask. You are not alone in this situation, ask for help. Once you have yourself set up and stable again, make sure you never get put in that position by a man again. Keep a little nest egg for yourself and your children, and if an emergency ever arises again, you will be prepared. The only person you can count on is you when it comes to raising your children, so don;t hold your breath on the child support, that can be a ong time coming. Anyone who would take the money that puts a roof over the head of children, isn't really to concerned if these same children have food on the table or clothes to wear.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

lots of good advice here on the forum,, seems quite a few of us have had the same experience..
    stay strong , hold your head up high and call or visit the different agencies . they are there to help in situations like this.
    things will work out for you, i hope you take our advice .. and please don't think about taking the MAGET back.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

So sorry your going thru this...Be Strong even tho its hard now. You will get thru it with the help of family & friends & get all the support from local agencies you can. Lots of great advise here & wishing you & your girls all the best for a brighter future!

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

Thanks everyone for your posts you are helping me get through this.
    Here is an update of what is going on

He was staying at his parents house but has now gotten into a fight with his dad and is now not welcome there. He cant seem to find a place to live either. As of tonight he has nowhere to go and keeps calling me and emailing me begging me to let him come and sleep on the couch. AS IF!!!! 1 week ago he was doing everything he could possibly think of to try to screw me over and hurt my children. And now he wants me to help HIM? He is threatening to hurt himself (in his last email) if I do not help him. sorry buddy, your sob stories arent going to work on me anymore!!!
    anisa, Natalka, ccmp1974 and 16 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The salvation army offers a one time emergency bail out. Give them a call they paid all my bills for me one month but you can only call on them once. I hope all works out and make sure you get him for Child support those are the types of men who deserve to have them after them.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by misstarbender View Post
    Thanks everyone for your posts you are helping me get through this.
    Here is an update of what is going on

He was staying at his parents house but has now gotten into a fight with his dad and is now not welcome there. He cant seem to find a place to live either. As of tonight he has nowhere to go and keeps calling me and emailing me begging me to let him come and sleep on the couch. AS IF!!!! 1 week ago he was doing everything he could possibly think of to try to screw me over and hurt my children. And now he wants me to help HIM? He is threatening to hurt himself (in his last email) if I do not help him. sorry buddy, your sob stories arent going to work on me anymore!!!
    Good for you for staying strong. I know it must be difficult for you. I am sure he will figure something out. You need to concentrate on what is best for you and your daughters.
    anisa and carlyincanada like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So sorry you are having to deal with this - you are SO much better off without that arse in your life.
    Everyone here has made great suggestions, and I wish you the best of luck.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information