User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Moving to Winnipeg next month

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchthatdollar! View Post
    If you ever wan to hang out pm me whe. You get here...im somewhat coolmstill even with a 2 year old... There are clubs...and good pubs. Its not vanc ouver or anything but...neither is kenora!

Thanks i might have to take you up on that

How about places to work? any good suggestions? i have 4 year cashier expierence but not exactly wanting to go back to cashiering.Other then that i have plenty of expierence with child care..so maybe a daycare?

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bmpsmommy View Post
    I'm close to Kent Road There is a Safeway, RCSS, Sobey's, Walmart really close (Safeway & Sobey's within a 10 min walk).
    me too I can bike/walk to KP also although in the winter or rain I also have a bus stop a few houses away

Quote Originally Posted by MakaylaGreen View Post
    I am excited i cant wait hows the crime? is it as bad as i make myself believe it is? i am from a small town that is basically a retirement town so when i read the winnipeg sun it sometimes makes me nervous.
    I am not too concerned about the crime in this area but you can google 311 and there is a crimes stats page so you can see where/what type of crimes are in differtent parts of the city....

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    WELCOME

First thing you should do is go to the FORKS for Canada Day

Like the others already said - there is a group of us here that are I would say just FABULOUS and you will get to know US

As for what clubs or groups - what are you interested in?
    I go every year to the Forks for Canada Day also there are some groups like rec centre not too far from me....plus apparently if you call the Welcome Wagon they bring you all sorts of info booklets and tell you about things going on in youor area Plus there is a local paper (free)delivered each week so you can also see what is going on there too!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post
    me too I can bike/walk to KP also although in the winter or rain I also have a bus stop a few houses away
    There is a bus stop right down the back lane from us that I use I'm really close to the 7-11

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bmpsmommy View Post
    There is a bus stop right down the back lane from us that I use I'm really close to the 7-11
    bahaha both of us are close to 7-11 except not the same ones !!

Great bus drivers on the 44,45 and 47...they let me off right in front of my house !!

it is the little things in life that make me happy
    bmpsmommy likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information