User Tag List

Page 30 of 149 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

My acidanthera is finally finally flowering! Finally! It's so pretty, gonna take a pic later. It's one of those plants that I'm not quite sure it's worth the space the entire season, and I swear I will never plant it again, but then it finally flowers and it looks so nice and I want it again next year

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tobiwobi View Post
    My acidanthera is finally finally flowering! Finally! It's so pretty, gonna take a pic later. It's one of those plants that I'm not quite sure it's worth the space the entire season, and I swear I will never plant it again, but then it finally flowers and it looks so nice and I want it again next year
    Did you plant these really late? I'm sure my mil had some blooming in her yard in August. I'm not sure whether you'll have much luck digging them up if they are just blooming now...I've never grown them, but if they are anything like gladiolas, they need to have the tops die down (as the plant is building energy stores for next year's bloom)...It's worth a shot anyway.

I dug up my dahlias and they are curing a bit before I dust them with fungicide and store them away for the winter. If they all survive, I shouldn't have to buy any more next Spring...that would be what a sane gardener would do anyway...

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Did you plant these really late? I'm sure my mil had some blooming in her yard in August. I'm not sure whether you'll have much luck digging them up if they are just blooming now...I've never grown them, but if they are anything like gladiolas, they need to have the tops die down (as the plant is building energy stores for next year's bloom)...It's worth a shot anyway.

I dug up my dahlias and they are curing a bit before I dust them with fungicide and store them away for the winter. If they all survive, I shouldn't have to buy any more next Spring...that would be what a sane gardener would do anyway...
    They are just blooming now unfortunately. We had 20 deg in Toronto yesterday, still no frost, so all my stuff is still outside. I am hoping to dig and store dahlias, canna, begonia tubers, and acidanthera eventually.

I have an amaryllis from last season, it will be an experiment this year to get it to bloom again. I stopped watering it a long time ago but the leaves just don't want to die down.

Every spring they seem to come up with new varieties and new colours, and it's tempting for sure.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some useless and irritating sort of herbs and such plants. Actually, I couldn't take care of my
    garden for a long time but after this post I clicked an in mind.
    Thx.,

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

It's Oct. 18 and we just picked 20 raspberries.
    Oct. 18?!?!
    Yum.
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I know that the weather forecast has a couple more high-teen C temperatures before we feel the COLD ones. You might find a few more gems to pick!

Raspberry envy on this side of the 905 area code...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

We have snapdragons blooming in our yard. When the stop blooming we are going to pick off the seed and plant these to get more next year. We have been doing this for a few years now. Love snapdragons.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, Oct 20th, 2012 at 11:45 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Love your snapdragon pic, Shwa Girl! When I dropped my daughter off this week at university, I was really surprised to see a whole bed of them, still in full bloom, and we've had a few severe frosts! All that stonework around them must give the snaps an extra layer of insulation.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Love your snapdragon pic, Shwa Girl! When I dropped my daughter off this week at university, I was really surprised to see a whole bed of them, still in full bloom, and we've had a few severe frosts! All that stonework around them must give the snaps an extra layer of insulation.
    Snapdragons are survivors. LOL. It's hard for us to kill them. We have been able to kill other plants. Hahaha.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 194
Size:  20.3 KB
    Acidanthera
    colourcube, Shwa Girl and marstec like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

We found half price crocus.
    Planted them as soon as we got home.
    Here's hoping the squirrels leave them alone so we can see them in the spring.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Not exactly in my garden, but it's blooming Don't let the close-up fool you - the flowers are only about 1cm

I have a couple more that will be blooming soon too. Sadly, I kill the "easy" orchids (phalenopsis) but the difficult, fussy ones I have no trouble with.. go figure

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Here are a few that I didn't get around to posting, taken at the end of September

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Here are a few that I didn't get around to posting, taken at the end of September

Beautiful!! Thanks for posting...I love blue flowers.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What a sight for sore eyes, GoJays! Love seeing those beautiful flowers in dreary November. It would be great if everyone can post their indoor blooms on this thread too, especially over winter...
    GoJays and Shwa Girl like this.

Page 30 of 149 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread Information