Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Very convenient having your own fire hydrant
    itsmewhoelse likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Well despite the lack of sun the Dahlia's are doing ok. The impatiens and petunias are just awful still, I am hoping for a miracle.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I have two of those blue pots lol
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I love gardening with kids. My youngest ds was 14 when we moved to this house and was still a bit interested in gardening. I had to make one small 5x8 veggie bed in the ground to start a veggie garden when we moved here. Now he doesn't like to get dirty, but he has also given us a GD to show all the wonders of gardening to. She already loves looking at and touching the flowers. Her favorites were the lilies that I started indoors. Every week she came over she wanted to go and see the "jungle" (thats what we called it) she's only 14 months. She made me move all the lilies on the floor so she walk around them. They were soon bigger than her.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

LOL Gojays! I saw your rep comment to me about my signature. I think she is a gardener from Ireland or somewhere's over the pond anyway. LOL
    I also saw this quote somewhere and thought I need to use that. I do it all the time. My dh is always asking me what are you doing out there now!
    Well of course we are out there 1. enjoying our creations, and 2. designing still!
    I am always thinking well maybe I should put this there or that over there. Or maybe I need this or that. I think really now I am going to concentrate on putting more privacy shrubs in. I finally was able to snag some of the cedars on sale at Superstore for 15.94. Wish I would have had more room in the SUV! Plus I had passengers. I would have grabbed more. I don't know if I will be lucky enough to find any more. Would like some on the top level of the wood tie bed and some along the back fence. Now that I have them in place the hubby is thinking maybe we wont move. Its getting a bit more private feeling. So that is why I am on a mission to get more privacy shrubs. But of course now I am thinking that a nice little hobby farm would be great then I could have some bees, and chickens and maybe a goat for cheese. Now of course if I can convert my garden shed into a greenhouse here that would be great and I would stay! its 16x9. or if we could keep bees in the city even better
    Last edited by itsmewhoelse; Mon, Jun 24th, 2013 at 11:03 AM.
    GoJays likes this.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This is the most disappointing summer in years

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This is the most disappointing summer in years
    Sorry to hear that, Patty. We had what seemed like a month of rain, so I can empathize. The sun finally came out yesterday and today.

Pics are a bit bright - I just noticed the daylily I bought the other day is blooming, still have to plant it out. The petunias are from a hanging basket I'm giving to my mother when we go visit in a few days.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The final nail in the coffin , 2 inches of rain today had collapsed all my hydrangeas

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Went out to the shed to get something , forgot to stand up the wheel barrow, This is just the rain we had since last night. About 8 inches in it. I think we have had 50mm so far not sure.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

sorry Patty

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Argh...I can relate Patty. It has been so dismal here on the We(s)t Coast this summer......rain, more rain, overcast....but!! it's supposed to get scorching hot this weekend...no happy medium.
    My sweet peas, bless their hearts, are starting to bloom despite not having any sunshine for about 2 weeks.....one thing that sure likes the rain are the weeds!!!
    I had to wrap my tomato topsy turvy up in a big, clear garbage bag so it wouldn't get rained on......and I think something has eaten the flowers on my pumpkin patch
    I shall add some pics once I've got something worth taking pictures of !!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

awe Patty, that is awful! Your yard looks so good in the pictures and all the hard work is frustrating to lose some plants. Hope some make it thru.
    GoJays likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Took some pics and compared them to last year the difference is stunning

This is the same box this year and last I have some Coleus this year and you would swear it has not grown a bit since I planted it.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Some things are doing better. The ones with a southern exposure seem to be not bad.
    GoJays, Shwa Girl and tobiwobi like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Some things are doing better. The ones with a southern exposure seem to be not bad.
    Wow. Nice one. Really like how you use containers for the veggies, especially the ones that would run.

Page 49 of 149 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast

Thread Information