User Tag List

Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I have some Black Iris blooming in my new backyard and I think I have a whack of Hydrangea bushes but they haven't bloomed yet so Its just a guess - In the front I have dark pink Peonies and more Hydrangea (still a guess) We'll see what opens up in the next few weeks.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    Something is eating my lupins (and nothing else) and I mean decimating them. . .any ideas?
    MQ,
    Do you have problems with earwigs in your garden? They might be the culprit. I haven't had much luck growing lupins. I started some from seed this Spring and they are doing alright so far. I don't know whether they will bloom this year...they sure are spectacular looking when in bloom.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I gave up on Lupins also

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Need some help

Have tried to grow sunflowers. Once they sprut through the ground they are eaten(appears) by something. Any ideas what might be getting them & how to prevent it. They are very small when this happens.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

My clematis "jackmanii" , in front 2 annabelle hydrangeas, and then stella doro daylilies and a few wave petunias
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    gourmetsue, attitash and formic like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by attitash View Post
    Need some help

Have tried to grow sunflowers. Once they sprut through the ground they are eaten(appears) by something. Any ideas what might be getting them & how to prevent it. They are very small when this happens.
    attitash and Snow Queen like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Mini cherrie tomato plants, don't get much higher than 14 inches and produce all season

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Dang.....thanks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

View from the backyard to the front, in my pots I put Dragon's Wind BEgonia's 1 plant per pot because they grow to 3 feet around I also have in the first pot a pine tree that grew in the rocks in the pool, I transplanted it to a pot and it';s about 5 years old now, my friend is going to give it a good home in the country

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Tomato plants are crazy big already
    Tbites likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for contributing, Patty. You have a lovely yard. Besides the cherry, what other tomatoes are you growing?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by attitash View Post
    Need some help

I have problems with birds eating my vegetable seedlings. Cutworms can also be the culprit. I don't have trouble with squirrels, thank goodness.

There are things you can do to save your plants from hungry critters, you just have to decide how far you want to take it. My husband built me a wooden enclosure that is netted on three sides for my beets. When they grow to the height of the enclosure, I remove it. I used to have to reseed my beets at least once in the growing season, but so far so good with this method.

Another thing you can do is start the sunflowers in small pots and then transplant them into the garden. To prevent cutworms from getting them, you can put a toothpick on either side of the stem - they can't wrap themselves around the stem then to cut it off). This is a good tip for tomatoes and peppers as well.

If you have some large mesh, then you can plant the seeds and place mesh over top, cover with soil. Hope some of my suggestions make sense, a person almost has to be a detective to find out what's happening in their yard. Good luck and don't be discouraged!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Thanks for contributing, Patty. You have a lovely yard. Besides the cherry, what other tomatoes are you growing?
    Only about a dozen plants, san marzano, beefstake, fantastic, cherry 100 I got a mixed box of 6 at Costco, same goes for peppers, it's more for fun not trying to feed us for the winter. I have them all in barrels , pots all pve the place. My dd loves the cherry tomatoes

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow Patty you have a greenthumb alright and have a beautiful garden!
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Marstec... or other greenthumbers around... figured it would be ok to ask this here ? This sunflower was broken 2 days ago (by a squirrel I think).. it wasn't staked yet . The stem was bent at a 90 degree angle but wasn't detached so I staked it and made a bamboo/pantyhose "cast" at the break point and where one leaf was slightly ripped from the stem. Now 2 days later.... this 1 leaf (previously unaffected ? )is totally wilted but the rest of the flower shows new growth Any ideas ?
    Name:  Sunflower 001.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  65.4 KB
    Name:  Sunflower 002.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  28.2 KB
    GoJays likes this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread Information