User Tag List

Page 40 of 149 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

We are already in a drought situation here, no precip. for 10 days My lawn is as hard as a rock already and no rain in the forecast for another week

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Your Spring bulbs are beautiful, Patty. Too bad about your drought situation...we're still pumping water out of our backyard. A few people in my neighbourhood have embraced the xeriscaping bandwagon; I am very tempted. It sure seems wasteful to throw thousands of litres of water onto a lawn every summer.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Creeping Thyme, green onions, and the tip of a tulip! It's still pretty cool here, so for now, that's all that's blooming outside.
    Natalka and thriftygranny like this.
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

We have raspberries and the canes looked like twigs. Thought they did not survive the winter. But, surprise surprise, there are green leaves showing now. And one "runner" plant too.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, May 4th, 2013 at 01:41 PM.
    Natalka, gourmetsue, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I lost quite a lot of plants this winter - some to the cold, some to () rabbits.. the replacing is fun, but expensive.. i've had enough - the chicken wire goes on the fence this year

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Too bad about your plants, Go Jays...I'm sure you'll have fun picking up new stuff.

We had an enormous amount of snow cover this winter; I actually think the survival rate was higher this year. The only thing I have to worry about now is if we have low-lying areas and water doesn't drain...could lead to rot.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am planning on buying 3 red geraniums to be put for me dear beloved mother (dead) and they are in sale at CT yeah,and no need for water so much so they willl last. After that in 2 week maybe flowers in my deck ...but my crazy lady will probably trow them out...so I dont want to waste time and money ...some people.... I want color and good mood me|||
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Finally winter is releasing its grasp in our area. My iris and lilies and one hosta in the front yard beds are poking out. As is the yarrow, and ground covers.
    In the back so far the yarrow, silver mound, and some other plant, cant remember what I planted and the marker is gone. The raspberries are getting buds and the strawberries are getting some leaves. My rose bushes main stem was broken half way down somehow. Hope its ok.
    My lily bulbs that I potted inside are already about 12" high! The begonias bulbs are going. Having some trouble with my other flowers that I started from seeds indoors. The veggies are doing ok though.
    tobiwobi likes this.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

People are flocking to the garden centers because it's so unusually warm here. They will regret planting this early. Anyways most of the places don't even have their annuals in yet except for Canandian tire.
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Our centers have all kinds of annuals out, and vegetables to boot! People will be sorry! I feel badly for the employees that will be blamed and treated like crap because people were too impatient to wait to put their tenders outside. There's a reason they tell you to wait til May long weekend!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All are nice things. I love my yard. lol.... Lot of
    tulips on my yard.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I have lots of tulips ready to pop, but it seems to be taking forever.

I pulled all the dandelions this weekend, and im just waiting to see what else is going to poke out of the ground. I see some sort of groundcover poking up in the back garden. I m anxious! I want everything out so I can see whats what and start planning!
    itsmewhoelse likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Me too can't wait to see evertything as it grows. Here's a lay out of my garden. http://www.growveg.com/garden-plan.aspx?p=406047 I made it using the grow veg garden planner.
    My sister in law has offered to help me with the heavy work in the garden this year as I hurt my back. Makes me sad because I love all the digging in the garden too. So today she moved my strawberries for me. I had them in the raised bed and realized that its best they have there own place to roam. Now I have my raised bed for all veggies. Its 12'x7.
    Her hubby found an old Planet Jr seeder/plow and gave it me, more or less for a garden decoration. We decided to try it out this year,cause she asked how it worked and holy WOW! is all I can say. It dug up the back garden beds like butter, I gave it a quick whirl and she and the hubby finished them off. I only wish I knew last year that it still worked amazingly. I hand dug the potato beds and a new bed along the fence, took forever. This year they did the potato bed (where the strawberries are now) in 5 mins!! Ok that ones not too big 10x5 or so but they also did the raised bed too in about 10 mins. The SIL can't wait to use it on the front beds, the mud up there is awful. And I can see all sorts of possibilities for new beds if its that easy to did them up now. LOL
    Last edited by itsmewhoelse; Mon, May 6th, 2013 at 09:49 PM. Reason: add garden picture
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The lettuce, bok choi, broccoli are sprouting.

75% of my tulips are out.

Waiting for warmer nights to get the tomato plants outside and to start beans and cucumbers outdoors.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The lettuce seeds planted two weeks ago have shown tiny green leaves emerging from the soil.
    While the men folk cut grass on Saturday and blades of said grass are all over the garden that I finished turning over last week. Will rake out the blades in the morning...

Wish I could afford to spring for 2-3 pkgs of Lee Valley Tool's edging sets that you hammer in and they link to each other.
    Natalka likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 40 of 149 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Thread Information