User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ribeena
  • 1 Post By bhlombardy

Thread: Best Price for a new PS3?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My husband's PS3 just died after the last firmware update. We are looking for a new PS3, any good prices?
    Does anyone know how much they are at Shoppers Drug Mart, as I have SDM points?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Funny, I just posted this yesterday in an other discussion on the same topic... I'll paste it here as well:

They're redesigning the PS3 (again) and changing the appearance slightly, and upgrading the models to make a 250gb and 500gb as their primary models.

Prices will be as follows:

The new 250gb model will retail for $269
    - Will included Uncharted 3 GOTY edition, plus $30 of DLC for the free-to-play shooter "Dust 514".
    This bundle is releasing Sept.25th

The standlone (no bundle) edition of the 250gb will cost $249, but has no release date for the unbundled version (suspecting it might be the same as the 500gb date...)

The 500gb will be $299
    - will included Assassin's Creed 3
    Releasing October 30th.

This means that older versions will PROBABLY be cleared out at discount prices parallel to these models being released. You MIGHT get a good deal on one of today's models (more likely the 160gb model) if that's the case.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Thu, Sep 20th, 2012 at 02:26 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Costco, as I posted a couple weeks ago in that same thread, will quite possibly have a clearance price on their bundle as a result of this change. Clearance prices at Costco vary from store to store - even on the same item - so watch for a price that ends , ".97" . You can possibly save $50-$80 on a PS3 bundle if they opt to clear out the older models. (but it's likely going to be a bundle package, which you may or may not want). -- The trick is if you see it on clearance and you want it... you won't likely see the box out on display. Take a place-holder card *directly* to the checkout. RUN, don't walk, because other people might be snatching them up, and many Costco's put out more item cards than they have items in lock-down. Finish the rest of your shopping later.

Also, keep on the alert for tax-free days at your area Superstore (timing on these also varies on location). However, sales tax on a PS3 can amount to upwards of $50 depending on your province. People jump to the electronics section for these deals as well, so again: early bird gets the worm.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for the tips and hints.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

It's currently $199+tax at walmart for 160gb

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/playstat...tionPage=false
    bhlombardy likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's a great buy... all three uncharted games included. nice. I wonder if that deal ends today, with it being the last day of most weekly sales.

I suppose if one were to order it, to be safe, they could return it to a Walmart store if one changed their mind once it was delivered.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Thu, Sep 20th, 2012 at 02:54 PM.
    matrix82 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    That's a great buy... all three uncharted games included. nice. I wonder if that deal ends today, with it being the last day of most weekly sales.

I suppose if one were to order it, to be safe, they could return it to a Walmart store if one changed their mind once it was delivered.
    I just sold my old original PS3 (it was still working but ran very hot and loud). I saw the walmart anniv. sale price for $199 and bought it on day one of the sale. I returned it yesterday, unopened becuase of the new super slim redesign announcement.

It all depends on what you want. SDM had the PS3 on sale for $239 one or two weeks ago during redemption days.

I agree with earlier post about Costco. Keep your eyes open. I am hoping to get one at future shop only becuase I have a large FS gift card burning a hole in my pocket. But for the right price, someone else could get my business.

The harddrive space to me doesn't matter becuase I don't store stuff on my PS3. $249 for the 250Gb with uncharted should be a good deal. Also the redesign of the ps3 with the top loading slide tray doesn't effect me becuase of the entertainment unit I use, but it would be horrible for my brothers unit as he doesn't have top access to it. Just a thought.

Thread Information