User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By JennyFromTheRock
  • 1 Post By Poirot

Thread: Oh So many deals at Strathmore SDM!!!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

If your in Strathmore, you might wanna take a run to SDM in the morning... there were so many great deals!!

They had Large Brown eggs on for $1!! They expire on the 4th, but if you go through eggs like we do, you can still make use of a dozen or 2 by then!! I bought 2 dozen.... I boiled 1 dozen for hubby to take up north!! Great deal!!

Secondly, they had 2L jugs of Dairyland Chocolate milk on for $1.49.... at first I was thinking..... "JENN, STAY AWAY FROM THE NEAR EXPIRING DAIRY!!" But I just had to look!!!! June 17th expiry!! Just a great deal!! I had 6 liters!!! 1 for hubby to take up north, 2 for the kids!!!

Then, they had Huggies diapers on clearance for $8 a pack!!! I got another 9 of those using various $3 - $5 coupons, getting them at $3 and $5 each!! Plus when I entered the codes on ETR they said "pull ups" on them and rather than the 17 points each pack should get, each one had 34 points!!!

Big jars of Heinz baby food.... $.49!! Late June expiry!!

There were other deals around too but I didnt have a whole lot of time since hubby is leaving tonight and I wanted to get home. So anyway, making all this better, I did 2 transactions, total before discounts / clerance was over $225..... after clearance pricing was just under $100 ( I did 2 transactions of $50, getting 2 free $10 tims cards, and after coupons, I ended up paying around $40 for everything!!

9 packs of diapers
    2 packs of Schneiders Grill Ems
    10 Large jars of Heinz baby food
    3 2L's of Chocolate milk
    2 heinz baby cereal
    2 dozen eggs
    2 $10 Tim cards
    All for under $40!!!

If you live in strathmore, go there first thing!! Get some Chocolate milk and eggs!! lol!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Huggies, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Excellent deals.Eggs will stay fresh even after their best before date on the carton.To test their fresshness put them in bowl of cold water the eggs that sink to the bottom of the bowl are good and floaters are bad.Milk will stay good after it's expiry date.I drank milk after it's best before date and it was still good for two days.
    neelkamalll1979 likes this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Excellent deals.Eggs will stay fresh even after their best before date on the carton.To test their fresshness put them in bowl of cold water the eggs that sink to the bottom of the bowl are good and floaters are bad.Milk will stay good after it's expiry date.I drank milk after it's best before date and it was still good for two days.

Yeah, we boiled most of the eggs anyway for my husband to take that will extend their life too. As for the milk, the expiry was weeks away anyway, so there was no worry there!! Just a great deal!!!
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

You are one smart mama! Nice work.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Wow! Great deals You did really well. Good for you

Thread Information