User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: CASHIERS: Seriously? Just do your job!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Unbelieveable about the BBQ sauce! I would've set her straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    I have had cashiers like that as well. Cashiers can't all be lumped into a group, as like anyone else. Having a bad experience with a cashier and saying they are all stupid because of it, would be like having a bad experience with 1 colored person and then saying "all black's are bad" which is wrong.

Having said that, I have had my share of experiences with idiot cashiers. Im usually very nice and polite but I have lost it a few times. One not long ago with a cashier who is always "picking apart" every coupon in the hopes of finding a problem. It was with one of the Doritos / Lays / doritos coupons from the Pepsi promo. The coupon stated the sizes and I had a 400 gram Tostitos ( I think, been a little while ) and that was within the size restriction. She read the lays size ( something like 200 grams for the limit I think ) and snarled at me. She said "This is the wrong size, you have the 400 gram bag, go get the 200" just very rudely. I took the coupon and looked at it, thinking I made a mistake and feeling pretty bad.... when I read that the bag I had was within the size restriction, I lost it a little. I don't ever yell or anything, and I didn't in this case either. I did give her an ear full though in a very polite normal ( non screaming voice ). I said "you know, I am just so sick of coming here and having every coupon I ever try to use picked apart, before you start accusing your customers of fraud, which using a coupon on a wrong size would be... maybe you should read the whole thing first" she never said a word for the rest of the transaction. I hate it when cashiers try to pick things apart and find something wrong when there really isnt!!!

Another cashier REALLY pissed me off at Sobeys a while ago too!!! I had been coming from the gym ( no make up, pony tail, gym clothes, etc ) and I had the B1G1 Bulls eye printable that I traded for on here. I didnt even notice that some of them didnt have a barcode until I was at the check out and the cashier noticed it. She pointed it out to me, and said they were fake. I assured her they were not, but I couldnt argue that they had no barcode, so I left without the bulls eye. About a week later when the SS came out with the insert coupon..... I went to the same lady, but this time I was dressed nice, hair done, make up on.... I guess she didnt realize it was me the week before. She took my coupons and went on to tell me "You should have been here last week, this one lady came in with a handful of fake coupons, she made them herself on her computer and tried to pass them to me, I caught her and sent her on her way"

I nearly bit a piece out of my tongue not to say anything!!! Some cashiers are SO RUDE!!!! On the other hand, I have some good ones too, so they can't all be thrown into the same boat. Just like the rest of us... it takes all kinds to make the world go round.
    JennyFromTheRock likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I too have also had good cashiers and some not so nice... but I do put myself in the other persons shoes
    and I think how can I make this better for them.

I take my handy dandy yellow highlighter and I highlight any important wording on the coupon.
    1. Exp date 2. If needed the word ANY 3. Limit 1 per purchase (stackable for me) 4. The size if needed.

I have been thanked by many cashers for highlighting the important wording for them.
    On the other hand it has also stopped me from using a expired coupon. LOL
    etherealone and Kalmel like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Travelnut View Post
    I too have also had good cashiers and some not so nice... but I do put myself in the other persons shoes
    and I think how can I make this better for them.

I take my handy dandy yellow highlighter and I highlight any important wording on the coupon.
    1. Exp date 2. If needed the word ANY 3. Limit 1 per purchase (stackable for me) 4. The size if needed.

I have been thanked by many cashers for highlighting the important wording for them.
    On the other hand it has also stopped me from using a expired coupon. LOL
    Are we allowed to highlight coupons? Has anyone ever been refused a highlighted coupon? I always assumed we couldn't cos that could be considered "tampering" but if we are, then I will get right on it with my highlighter!
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post
    Are we allowed to highlight coupons? Has anyone ever been refused a highlighted coupon? I always assumed we couldn't cos that could be considered "tampering" but if we are, then I will get right on it with my highlighter!
    I've received plenty of Coupons in trades that have been highlighted and I have never had an issue using them.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am a cashier and yes I have read the coupons wrong from time to time do I deserve to be yelled at and called stupid no I dont. I am a person and people make mistakes. I coupon and when using them yes I have sometimes read them wrong. It happens why is it a bigger deal when the cashier reads them wrong as opposed to the customer reading them wrong?

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Springbreeze View Post
    I am a cashier and yes I have read the coupons wrong from time to time do I deserve to be yelled at and called stupid no I dont. I am a person and people make mistakes. I coupon and when using them yes I have sometimes read them wrong. It happens why is it a bigger deal when the cashier reads them wrong as opposed to the customer reading them wrong?
    Yes, everyone makes mistakes.... the cashiers we are referring to here are the ones LOOKING for mistakes, the ones intentionally picking everything apart. Some make mistakes and its just an honest mistake. Others get pure joy out of picking on couponers!!
    thriftygranny likes this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I really don't think some cashiers are " the ones LOOKING for mistakes,the ones intentionally picking everything apart." Their job is hard enough, they don't need to intentionally make customers upset at them. I had 3 dd's that were cashiers as they went through school. They all worked very hard to do their job correctly. If you aren't doing anything wrong, then it shouldn't be a issue to you if they take the time to read a coupon thoroughly. The printing on some of these coupons is so small, I'm surprised that more of them don't whip out a magnifiying glass. They only want to do their job correctly. We are not aware of what they have been told by their employers, maybe they have had a run of bad coupons and have been told to check coupons more carefully. It's not a big deal, ever for cashiers to read over my coupons. If you are in a hurry and think they just take way to much of your time to check you through, then perhaps we are the ones that should shop with our coupons on a day when we have more time.

People,.... life is just to short, slow down, relax and don't let things like a cashiers reading over your coupons slowly ruin your day, it's not worth it. And yes, cashiers are human, and as humas, we all make mistakes, no need to call some uneducated or any other name for making a mistake, we've all made plenty of them ourselves.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

People get so bent out of shape over this. I know there is cashiers that are Anti Couponers and make it their mission to give us a hard time every time... There is one of them in my town and we actually had a conversation about it too where she admitted that she Hated couponers and tries everything to have them not come to their store anymore. I reported her to the manager and she was told she had to leave her personal feelings to herself and just do her job or otherwise. Now when I go there she still has the whole eye rolling, huffing and puffing thing going on but she keeps her mouth shut and processes the coupons after she takes 10 min to look at each one. I am a very organized and honest couponer, I always read the back and never try to get away with anything so yes I do believe there are some cashiers out there that do it on purpose but I have some that are also my favorites that have no problems with couponers, get excited with you and it just makes the shopping experience so much better.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I really don't think some cashiers are " the ones LOOKING for mistakes,the ones intentionally picking everything apart." Their job is hard enough, they don't need to intentionally make customers upset at them. I had 3 dd's that were cashiers as they went through school. They all worked very hard to do their job correctly. If you aren't doing anything wrong, then it shouldn't be a issue to you if they take the time to read a coupon thoroughly. The printing on some of these coupons is so small, I'm surprised that more of them don't whip out a magnifiying glass. They only want to do their job correctly. We are not aware of what they have been told by their employers, maybe they have had a run of bad coupons and have been told to check coupons more carefully. It's not a big deal, ever for cashiers to read over my coupons. If you are in a hurry and think they just take way to much of your time to check you through, then perhaps we are the ones that should shop with our coupons on a day when we have more time.

People,.... life is just to short, slow down, relax and don't let things like a cashiers reading over your coupons slowly ruin your day, it's not worth it. And yes, cashiers are human, and as humas, we all make mistakes, no need to call some uneducated or any other name for making a mistake, we've all made plenty of them ourselves.

I can assure you, there are cashiers that TRY to find every little mistake they can. I have had them. As I said, I have had plenty of good ones, but there are some, weither its because they are sick of the extra work couponing makes, or jealousy of having to pay full price themselves.... they are out there. Ones who will try and find any little problem them can, and make rude comments when they cant.

As for their job being "hard enough" please.... being a cashier is not hard. Try managing an office, working construction, nursing or day care provider......... being a cashier isn't hard.
    Last edited by JennyFromTheRock; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 06:50 PM.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Well I just came from my low life cashier job and I am pretty freakin tired! I use to work as an ECE at a Daycare and would rather be there any day! As for my job as a Health Care Aid(I know it is PSW now) it was hard freakin work but 15 years ago I made 15.00 an hour thanks would love to be making that then maybe affording my son's grad stuff wouldn't be so damn hard!

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

As for their job being "hard enough" please.... being a cashier is not hard. Try managing an office, working construction, nursing or day care provider......... being a cashier isn't hard.
    I was a cashier for awhile. I went to college and became a nurse and did that for a while too. I then became a marriage therapist. I have a pretty good example of job experience. There are ups and downs to every job.

If being a cashier was so easy, then everyone would want to do. what you said was really insensitive. and the jobs you compare it to are hard in their own way.

Like i said, i have done the job. and it is not easy at all. in fact, that is why work is called work, and not happy fun time. A job is a job that you give your services to in order to get pay. I can't tell you how difficult it is to deal with people all day, all different moods, all different attitudes. Being on your feet all day, limited space to move in. this job is both emotional and physically demanding. and it can be very stressful.

Shout out to all the great cashiers that HELP US to save money.
    Last edited by etherealone; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: spelling...lol
    jjnnewf and Shwa Girl like this.
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

the cashiers we are referring to here are the ones LOOKING for mistakes,
    I must correct you. The OP was referring to a cashier that did not read the coupon right. She stated quite simply she had a problem with her reading skills.

You have changed the thread to coupon hating cashiers. you should start another rant because that is another topic entirely.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by etherealone View Post
    I must correct you. The OP was referring to a cashier that did not read the coupon right. She stated quite simply she had a problem with her reading skills.

You have changed the thread to coupon hating cashiers. you should start another rant because that is another topic entirely.
    I guess the type I was referring to were people looking for mistakes, I assumed the OPs cashier was one of those type.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by etherealone View Post
    I was a cashier for awhile. I went to college and became a nurse and did that for a while too. I then became a marriage therapist. I have a pretty good example of job experience. There are ups and downs to every job.

If being a cashier was so easy, then everyone would want to do. what you said was really insensitive. and the jobs you compare it to are hard in their own way.

Like i said, i have done the job. and it is not easy at all. in fact, that is why work is called work, and not happy fun time. A job is a job that you give your services to in order to get pay. I can't tell you how difficult it is to deal with people all day, all different moods, all different attitudes. Being on your feet all day, limited space to move in. this job is both emotional and physically demanding. and it can be very stressful.

Shout out to all the great cashiers that HELP US to save money.

I worked several fields before I retired as well, including as a Cashier at Walmart while I was in school..... I can tell you from experience, I have never had such a cake walk in my life!! Scan, bag, repeat, Scan, bag, repeat..... the hardest part of all was the boredom.

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

One thing I always have to remember when I am using coupons is that I have usually planned my trip, thoroughly read the coupons beforehand and know them inside and out. I can't expect a cashier to know everything I know about the coupon (and couponing in general) in a matter of 10 seconds. I know they are just doing their job and aren't as obsessed with couponing as me.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information