User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Free Softsoap/skintimate and ladyspeed stick

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Its not vague at all. It is completely understandable. It goes with what I had posted originally, they will only accept a competitor coupon if the coupon has a specified price.

I disagree that accepting a competitor coupon and price matching is any different. Its the exact same as long as you follow the policy and your competitor coupon has a specified price otherwise how else are they going to give it to you for that price?

I don't think the policy is up for interpretation at all, its very basic and easy to understand. They only accept competitor coupons with a specified price (or atleast those are the rules all WM's are supposed to follow).
    ok, so if it's the same as any other 'coupon' then you should be able to price match and use the 'coupon' at the same time, just like any other coupon, but you can't. It doesn't make any sense. Besides, I have done this several times before, used a compt coupon, and pricematched to a diff store. I have never had a problem. Just a few weeks ago, there was a 3.00$ off cottonelle in the Rexall flyer, and SDM had Cottonelle on for 3.99, as I recall, a lot of people used the coupon at their local WM and Pm'd to SDM without any issue. It doesn't make sense that they would 'claim' to accept compt. coupons, but in actuality they are simply honoring the well known lowest price guarantee. Why would they even bother talking about compt coupons if they weren't going to accept them? I doubt Walmart would try to deceive us like that, they have been very clear in their intentions so far, which is to beat the competitor at ANY cost.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

The fact is that Walmart does not accept competitors coupons for cents or dollars off. That being said many people are being accepted at different Walmart. I have personally spoken to the manager of the Walmart here in Fredericton South and been told that they DO NOT ACCEPT competitors coupons but I still read every day that people are using them at the exact same Walmart without any problem.

Very frustrating for people who are following what the policy says.
    Last edited by Bargain Seeker; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 05:17 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd like to add walmart Canada doesn't have an official coupon policy. these are guidelines only, so if the individual store allows for competitors coupons to be used, why not use them? Currently their policy is in the courts
    Freebie_Fanatic likes this.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Sometimes I wonder if people defend things that they are wrong just to convince themselves that it's right... lol.
    matchstix likes this.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I don't think it's right or wrong, different interpretations of the same thing. The opinion that matters is the manager/cashier who rings your items through. They accept it by giving you a reciept, proof of the transaction that took place and knowing their own policies. If you don't agree with this deal, then don't do it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  target-logo1.png
Views: 201
Size:  51.1 KBName:  target-logo1.png
Views: 201
Size:  51.1 KB

Perhaps this will encourage Walmart to have a more consistent policy.
    Last edited by barginbin-barbie; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 09:51 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    179 (100%)

The Walmart coupon policy is a hot topic. I don't think that people should put down those that are getting deals if Walmart is willing to give them out. I have spoken to the manager and a few supervisors at my Walmart as well as contacts at ho. Although the coupon policy states they will only use competitors coupons for a stated price, they want our business. Some are willing to pm competitors coupons and others are not. Really it's up to the manager and how closely they follow the US policy. If the store is willing then pm competitors coupons. Good deals op!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I asked the cashier manager if I can use coupon zone or their competitor coupon. She said yes, but I can't price match that same item. Which seem fair.
    Join Swagbucks for FREE gift cards and paypal money!!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/<wbr>couponsbaby2011

Trading Score
    422 (99%)

Can't do it at my walmart unless it is a specific price
    Looking for $1 off Pampers or Huggies wipes

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

This whole Walmart accepting competitor's coupons (with or without a stated price, depending on the location and/or manager) is confusing for both employees and consumers.
    More so to the latter, in my opinion. As many people know, my local Walmart welcomes Coupon Zone coupons.
    I haven't inquired about Rexall coupons, yet though (and I will!!). CZ are to be entered in like a price match, as a price over-ride.
    I assume Rexall coupons would be treated the same way, if the store accepts them.
    But here's the catch.
    If one wants to price match, use a CZ coupon and a manufacturer's coupon, the price match must be done against a Loblaws (No Frills, RCSS etc) store.
    Why? Because those are the stores the accept CZ coupons.
    It makes sense. Why would they allow someone to price match for example, Metro and then use a CZ?? Metro would never accept a CZ coupon.
    But if one were to price match Loblaws and use a CZ, that's fine.

Does that make sense? The competitor's coupon and the store to which one is price matching with needs to match up.
    Those select few Walmart stores that are accepting competitor coupons (with out a stated price) are doing it as a courtesy.
    It's not stated in any policy as there isn't one available.

So, to my understanding, the deal that the OP posted about would probably not work with 99% of the Walmart stores out there.
    Not even mine! lol and my location is very easy with coupons &c.
    The Rexall coupon would have to be price matched to the Rexall store, not with a store like No Frills. Or not price matched at all.
    I just want to warn people, before anyone gets disappointed and frustrated about not getting in on the deal!

Sounds confusing, yes?
    Oi.
    Last edited by janetta; Mon, Jun 4th, 2012 at 01:56 AM. Reason: spelling
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

[QUOTE=janetta;4737912]This whole Walmart accepting competitor's coupons (with or without a stated price, depending on the location and/or manager) is confusing for both employees and consumers.
    More so to the latter, in my opinion. As many people know, my local Walmart welcomes Coupon Zone coupons.
    I haven't inquired about Rexall coupons, yet though (and I will!!). CZ are to be entered in like a price match, as a price over-ride.
    I assume Rexall coupons would be treated the same way, if the store accepts them.
    yes you are right

But here's the catch.
    If one wants to price match, use a CZ coupon and a manufacturer's coupon, the price match must be done against a Loblaws (No Frills, RCSS etc) store.
    Why? Because those are the stores the accept CZ coupons.
    It makes sense. Why would they allow someone to price match for example, Metro and then use a CZ?? Metro would never accept a CZ coupon.
    But if one were to price match Loblaws and use a CZ, that's fine.

Does that make sense? The competitor's coupon and the store to which one is price matching with needs to match up.
    Those select few Walmart stores that are accepting competitor coupons (with out a stated price) are doing it as a courtesy.
    It's not stated in any policy as there isn't one available.

So, to my understanding, the deal that the OP posted about would probably not work with 99% of the Walmart stores out there.

one of the wal-marts I go to WILL accept the deal the op posted using the .cents off Rexall Coupon while price matching to yet a different store.......while another will take the .cents off coupon from Rexall but no price matching....

Sounds confusing, yes? yup clear as mud LOL
    sharkie likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I used a CZ coupon $1.00 off Herbal Essences at WM on Saturday. I didn't know of the rule until my mother pointed it out and we asked at the cash and she said no problem.

Where my confusion is coming from is the 'specific price'. You are all saying that the coupon must state that you can purchase a product for a specific price. How often do we see a coupon like that? I have only ever seen an FPC or $ off.

I guess the long & short of it is that it is up to your own WM store.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

ohh, i tried to PM NF (without coupons as i didn't realize about the rexall coupons) but good luck trying to find the right sizes.... i don't think WM carries the softsoap size that NF has on sale..i went to 3 WM and nothing... oh well

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Here is the reason you may want to not do this. Walmart enters in compeditor coupons as a price match... if a cashier allows you to "price match a price match" to get a item for free as soon as their boss figures out they are doing this they will get in trouble... my couponing is not worth a risk to another's job and ability to feed their children. Some Walmarts do allow for compeditor's coupons with dollar off amounts ... mine does not... they follow the rules.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I talked to my Walmart manager and she told me that even though they have a master coupon policy in the end it is up to each store manager to determine how things operate in their store...so in the end you are not getting anyone in trouble if that store allows this....
    Jezebel and medicmommy like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information