User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Control your dog!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have four dogs so I am always out there walking with my dogs. My dogs are always on a leash. I usually take them to a park with a big open field where I can run with them.

For some reason people like to let their dogs off and let it chase my dogs though, and they take their sweet arse time coming over to get their dog. My dogs don't like strange dogs around them and freak out. They say stuff like "It's ok, my dogs friendly!" well my dogs are panicing running in circles because your 180 lb dog is trying to play with my 10 lb dogs. People don't seem to understand that just because your dog is friendly that other dogs are going to like it.

I wish more people would control their dogs and act like better dog owners. I don't want your 180 lb dog running up to me or my dogs. I don't want to be wrapped around your retractable leash because you are too lazy to retract it when walking. I don't want to deal with your dog lunging at mine!!

uGHH just so annoyed with it! black dog ran up to my 5 lb pom today and completely freaked him out. Owner says "its ok my dogs just trying to play".. well mine is freaking out scared! I dont want him to have a heart attack!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Snow Queen; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I feel for you. Lil Penguin does not like dogs and I can't count how many times dog owners have said to me "he's good with kids"..

I don't care. My child doesn't like dogs and when he was younger, he could be inpredicable with his interactions with dogs. I was worried that his actions could cause a dog to be defensive and attack rather than a dog would randomly attack. He's better now than he was but large or bouncy dogs still scare him.
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: cos I can speel

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

lol...oh god....i get so freaked out when i see a big dog running towards me at the park! and it was even worse when my teens were younger tots and it would happen! you dont know if its a friendly dog or an escaped dog that is vicious! most parks have a strict leash on dogs policy and i wish people would honor this. unless, of course, you are at a dog park!
    Big Pink likes this.
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

That's why i dont bring my german Sheppard to the park. I always worry someone will be affraid of him or squash a small dog! He's a awsome dog but sadly he's not too smart.
    Last edited by Kalmel; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 11:47 PM.
    Natalka, KK7, SavenRaven and 1 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

"He's a awsome dog but sadly he's not too smart."

Sounds exactly the same as mine..... XD
    Kalmel, masid, bluzsuz and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I hear you! We keep our two dogs on leash. There is nothing that drives me crazier than people who tell me their dog is friendly while the creature is either jumping all over me or my little little King Charles Spaniels. It doesn't matter if someone's dog is 'friendly' -- it doesn't mean that either I or my dogs want to be friends with them!!!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

I understand completely!! We have a shizthu & bichon (small) & took them to the dog part last night & all the big dogs come running over & freak me/us out! Our pups hide behind me lol, One big dog drooled all over my pants & feet UGH!! I felt so dirty by the time we got home...had to take a shower!!
    Big Pink likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

OMG I recycle walked tonight and a dog was smelling me, there was no owner, he was just a loose dog omg!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

I hear ya... but flip it around

I have 2 BIG Dogs. 100lb+ Husky/Shepherd & 70lb Shepherd/Husky. Always have them on a leash. Good dogs. Smart dogs(most of the time-lol) Good owners.

My BIG doggies do not enjoy the company of little dogs. I don't know why. They just don't.

How many times I hear "It's okay, they are just little"--- I DON'T CARE!! Little does not mean: sure, c'mon over...without a leash and "bug" me(or my dogs). It is usually followed by "oh, they are big sucks.... they are scared of little dogs".

Big or Little, keep dogs on a leash. And, respect the fact that some people don't like dogs (and that is okay)
    lotus, KK7, gracesmommy and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have the same feelings. My dog is a Lab that I got from a shelter. He is great dog but has anxiety so other dogs make him uncomfortable. When I walk him he is on a leash but it really makes me mad when people do not control their pets....especially if I am trying to walk him and have my kids with me!!! What makes me more mad is when people let their dogs run at the park when I am there with my kids. People let their dogs run wild.....right up to my kids....and then say it is okay because their dog is friendly! Well my kids have Autism and anxiety and your dog running wild and up to him is tramatising him so get your dog away before my kid kicks it! We all have to get along and live together peacefully....follow the rules they are there for a reason.
    countrycouponer and Big Pink like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have 3 dogs and walk them all the time. When i walk them they are always on a leash (and i only walk them 1 at a time). They are friendly BUT i never let them go up to other people or other dogs. Just because other people have dogs doesn't mean they will like my dogs, or that the dogs will get along. And if i have to walk past anyone i always pull my dog way over to the side and hold close so my dog can't get anywhere near the other person. I always hate when i am walking with my kids (without our dog(s)) and someone lets their dog come right up to us. What if i was scared of dogs or my kids had been bitten before and didn't like strange dogs. I think everyone should have respect for the people around them and keep their dogs to themselves unless there is a mutual conversation where both parties want their dogs to play together!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I believe that if you are going to walk your dog, they have to be on a leash (unless of course you are at an off-leash dog park). I do not like the line "Oh, don't worry, my dog is friendly". Well when my daughter as 18 months old, she was bit by a "friendly" dog right on her face. This dog was on our property when it happened (my neighbors dog). This was a "friendly" dog, but he was still a dog.
    countrycouponer and Big Pink like this.
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by happymomy1 View Post
    I have 3 dogs and walk them all the time. When i walk them they are always on a leash (and i only walk them 1 at a time). They are friendly BUT i never let them go up to other people or other dogs. Just because other people have dogs doesn't mean they will like my dogs, or that the dogs will get along. And if i have to walk past anyone i always pull my dog way over to the side and hold close so my dog can't get anywhere near the other person. I always hate when i am walking with my kids (without our dog(s)) and someone lets their dog come right up to us. What if i was scared of dogs or my kids had been bitten before and didn't like strange dogs. I think everyone should have respect for the people around them and keep their dogs to themselves unless there is a mutual conversation where both parties want their dogs to play together!
    I agree completely!
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

my 4.5 yo is TERRIFIED of dogs. Multiples times we have dogs bark at us, jump up on him, ect and the dog owner are all like "oooh my dog is friendly, he wont bite, he likes kids....does your son want to PET him?" ummm NO. get your dog away from my screaming, crying, terrified child thank you very much...
    I do have to say though, that some dog owners are amazing! I was at the beach on day with my 2.5 yo, 4.5 yo kids and my 2 yo daycare girl. This lady came up at asked me if I minded if she let the dog off leash and when I told her that I preferred she didn't because the kids are scared of dogs, she was totally awesome and kept her dog on leash the entire time we were there. I wish more dog owners were like that lady.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

My 60lb retriever got bit by a little "friendly " dog. That is 3x!!! I always have her on a leash and they always want their dog to say "hi". Abby runs and hides behind me!! I hate little dogs!!! Why do owners of little dogs think it is ok to have their dogs jump all over me!! What if my big dog did this to them! So rude!
    Big Pink likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information